IGNORED

Rocket League

Retroid

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, scottcr said:

My son and I have just started playing this together over the weekend - it's a bit good isn't it.  We play 2 player in a team and played online.  We got battered - but great fun.

My son is so good at this. We should have a rllmuk dads & sons league :D

On 19/02/2018 at 11:14, scottcr said:

My son and I have just started playing this together over the weekend - it's a bit good isn't it.  We play 2 player in a team and played online.  We got battered - but great fun.

I'm a week behind you! Me and my five-year-old ventured online on Sunday after I forced him to turn off Rumble, put all the modifiers back to normal and play Soccar on a normal pitch for a while against bots so we could get used to it.

We're doing okay! Won a few games, and rarely suffered a drubbing. The matchmaking seems to be pretty good at giving us appropriate opponents. It's amazing how quickly playing against real people ups your game. And to think I didn't even realise you could double-jump until two weeks ago :facepalm:

It's a great bonding experience though I can feel myself getting too bossy with him. It's such a great feeling when he scores or does an epic save though.

On 19/02/2018 at 11:47, Purin said:

My son is so good at this. We should have a rllmuk dads & sons league :D

Heh, that'd be awesome. It's the only game I can play before 10pm at the moment!

I’ve started playing this a bit more recently since a friend got it but am truly awful. 

I guess I just need practice, but what’s the consensus on ball cam? I find it easier without, but some of the guides I’ve read suggest that if you want to get good, you should use it. 

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

I’ve started playing this a bit more recently since a friend got it but am truly awful. 

I guess I just need practice, but what’s the consensus on ball cam? I find it easier without, but some of the guides I’ve read suggest that if you want to get good, you should use it. 

Use ball cam! Someone posted on this thread about the best camera to use, turning off camera shake etc. I used these settings and my game improved a lot

Ball cam 100%, the only time I switch to car cam is very briefly when I need to check exact location of a boost orb, then flick it straight back again.

Also, I find that if you're watching someone playing and they're using the car cam it's so twitchy you start to feel travel sick after a couple of minutes!

Yer but seeing as you had lag, my analogue thumb stick extenders didn't work on a Xbox pad,playing on a Xbox and using an a xbox controller which is very difficult after all the years of ps4

Ahh well

We rekt a few on the way to the finals 

And got a finalist medal :D

20180312_154046.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone got into the Tournaments feature? Anyone going to set one up?

I've been playing this in ranked doubles with my kid, and it has to be one of the best online games ever. Not once have I experienced any lag or even thought about the fact that the opposing team could be hundreds of miles away. It's just perfect. We also get consistently good matches. We've finally dragged ourselves into the Silver league after I imparted my wisdom about trusting your team mate, constant communication and sticking to your role :)