rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Retroid

Rocket League

I played some games over lunch, I wasn't that impressed by the square ball one but the other types of ball were good fun.

The square ball it's like watching a rugby ball rolling lol Had fun with the 10x boost power just gives me a break from ranked when ur losing a few just jump on mutator for a bit of fun its a great update plus they improved the turning radius of the paladin which was my favourite looking vehicle but didn't turn as quick as the breakout for example but feels great now to use 😄

A friend of mine just gifted this to me on steam a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I've already accumulated over 20 hours which is probably not a good thing.

Rocket League’s December event has ice hockey playlist, Santa hats

Rocket League’s Winter Games event gets a date and some key details.

rocket_league_winter_event_2-600x338.jpg

Psyonix has revealed that on December 14, the game’s Winter Games event will start. This is an ice hockey-inspired playlist with select mutators and a puck instead of the regular ball.

The Mutator Mashup playlist will be replaced by another called Snow Day, and that’s where you’ll be able to try out this mode. During the event, which ends January 4, you have the chance of getting drops from the snow-themed collection. You get these just by playing, but they have a lower chance of dropping than regular items.

Once you have one or all of them, you get to keep them. If you miss out, you get another chance next year.

This DLC, alongside the wasteland-themed Chaos Run will all be free. You can, however, buy one of these cosmetic items.

• Xmas Rocket Trail
  • Blitzen Topper
  • Christmas Tree Topper
  • Sad Sapling Topper
  • Santa Topper
  • Candy Cane Antenna
  • Holiday Gift Antenna
  • Upvote 2

Looks great can't wait to try it out 😀

I wonder how the puck will be will it be flying about all over the place or will they make it like super heavy?

Well that is what you call a session of RL. Wish I had streamed it now. Bennette and I, won about 19/20. I went from about 710 to 830. Well played mate.

I have to say though that we are boosting a little as you are better than bronze and most of opponents were probably in between our 2 ranks. I only remember coming up against a couple of people in that session who could actually aerial decently so it was always a matter of just waiting for the ball to pop up.

• Upvote 1

Well that is what you call a session of RL. Wish I had streamed it now. Bennette and I, won about 19/20. I went from about 710 to 830. Well played mate.

I have to say though that we are boosting a little as you are better than bronze and most of opponents were probably in between our 2 ranks. I only remember coming up against a couple of people in that session who could actually aerial decently so it was always a matter of just waiting for the ball to pop up.

Yeah the games were quality, not sure on numbers but i ranked from low-ish in bronze II all the way to about low-ish Bronze III.

I was a lot more patient in them games with the aerials though as they didn't need to be done as much.

All the games were fairly comfortable aswell, not many overtimes and although the victories were never huge (except for a couple games) we never really looked like losing.

Funny when the two people from the other team started arguing aswell :lol:

Yeah the games were quality, not sure on numbers but i ranked from low-ish in bronze II all the way to about low-ish Bronze III.

I was a lot more patient in them games with the aerials though as they didn't need to be done as much.

All the games were fairly comfortable aswell, not many overtimes and although the victories were never huge (except for a couple games) we never really looked like losing.

Funny when the two people from the other team started arguing aswell :lol:

That argument was quality. I felt we should have offered to leave, "maybe now is not the best time."

Ah, didn't realise you guys were on yesterday. We could have had some games of Standard :). I never really think anyone's usually on these days but will try and keep a bit more of a eye out in future.

Had a good session myself though, making it up to Silver II in Solo Standard. Can't really see myself ever doing much better than that, but chuffed to be mixing it up around there anyway. Had some pretty high quality games (relatively speaking :)).

Ah, didn't realise you guys were on yesterday. We could have had some games of Standard :). I never really think anyone's usually on these days but will try and keep a bit more of a eye out in future.

Had a good session myself though, making it up to Silver II in Solo Standard. Can't really see myself ever doing much better than that, but chuffed to be mixing it up around there anyway. Had some pretty high quality games (relatively speaking :)).

I find solo standard really hard. I ventured into 1v1 yesterday and actually really enjoyed it. It is at a completely different pace to the other modes and requires much more thought to positioning, boost levels etc. I'm trying to think of a good sporting comparison but the only one I can think of is Kabaddi.

Yeah I have tried 1v1 a few times as well recently (since it's the only mode I'm still Bronze in), it's interesting how different it is. I immediately noticed that I need to get better at finishing and close ball control. And positioning and when to go and when not to go becomes way more important (or, at least, you're punished far more heavily). But I find it a bit too stressful and so hard to select it over the more fun (overall) 2v2 or 3v3.

Had some disastrous games with Jamin and a friend the other day we were playing ranked and we kept getting players that were legend my friend seamed shocked to see someone I can't remember thier name but they were ranked number 2 in the world for 2v2 and I just don't understand how they can matchmake us against people that high we also played a "terrible winner" who was 14th in 3v3 dunno if Jamin can remember we played then a few times he was that other legend we played? Fair to say Ive lost a lot of points 😢

Yeah good games though, no doubt we all lost quite a lot of points but I'm not bothered about the points tbh a number means nothing when you think about it! We kind of held our own but some of those guys we played were ridiculously good, literally juggling the ball mid-air between them. I do think the matchmaking in this could be a lot better, I'm frequently matched with and against Legend players now in Solo Standard and it just ruins the spectacle when teams are so uneven because one guy is amazing.

Agreed about that terrible winner guy, we more than matched them that was the annoying thing but we ended up matching with them 3 times in a row and lost each one in close matches. I find there's a lot of trash talking in the chat box now, far more than there used to be. It leaves a nasty taste in your mouth to see it, and imo the developers need to remove the ability to type in anything you want and just leave it to the default text only. Recently I have considered removing the chat box completely because of the unpleasantness often on show up there.

I agree that the chat box is nasty and probably would be better without it. When I play online with my daughter it is disabled and it is more relaxing.

Them games just made me feel crap lol 😂 I can take a bit of banter with own goals and mistakes "what a save, what a save, what a save but when people are telling you to delete the game lol jusy very frustrating apart from that us three made a pretty awesome team

Just mute anyone the moment they're a dick or annoying - you can do it really quickly on the player list.

• Upvote 1

Having at one point been quite level headed with receiving insults/abusive for some reason it's started to get to me a little bit again recently.

I mean the actual typing directed stuff into the chat, as opposed to a sarcastic what a save. I can take it from the other team, but from teammates it really winds me up.

A couple of times recently I've started ramming them and scoring own goals etc :unsure: after receiving "idiots", "teammate you suck". I managed to let "2v1" go though, but only because I was playing really poorly and it was actually pretty much 2v1 :).

• Upvote 1

I just got matched in a 3v3 against a guy who was very good. Not Kronovi good (so I thought) but one of the best I have faced. He was a legend rank. We had a poor player and he kept targeting him with chipped shots etc. and we lost about 5-1. At the end of the game I got -3 instead of the normal -7 so I decided to see if I could find him on the leaderboard.

It didn't take me long, his name was Chausette45:

post-3736-0-98725500-1450182994_thumb.jp

So apparently the best player in the world 2v2 and about 20th in solo 3v3. The matchmaking this time of day is really wonky but it would have been nice to have played him without a player on my team who was obviously out of his depth. That poor guy got crushed 3 games in a row alongside me, so much so that he ended up sitting in the goal for most of games 2 and 3 which really didn't help our cause.

Still, it is great to play against these guys. Hopefully match-ups with the other top guys will come along too.

• Upvote 2

The ice hockey map is great actually. I'm not the greatest fan of the mutator matches but this really is like a whole new game type. The meta is totally different with most of the battles being fought on the side walls.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone wanting to 2v2 or 3v3 tonight after 7 I need a proper teammate or team to play with that communicates with eachother there's been so many times in 2v2 when I've whipped one in from the side wall and my teammate is miles away after I've told them centering and then it just rolls past the net missing an easy chance

And I'm looking at you ssbj, Jamin, jdubyes and tcharliel 😄😄😀😀