hellcock junior

Rocket League

2 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

We need to get some folk back on for this I miss playing with the rllmuk massive.

@mackenie @Bennette98 @superstarbeejay @John0 @JDubYes @Jamin sort it out!!

It's punishing me for playing with friends aswell on ranked.

Me and @BiGBaZ96 played a game last night I'm diamond 3 and baz is gold 2 or 3 but it pairs us with two diamond 3 players and I can't see how that is fair at all

I'm still around fairly regularly, still semi-competent (at a push, on a good day). Just better at playing other things as well at the moment.

Agree on the toxicity of the community though. I've just taken to voting to forfeit if my team-mates are complete tossers, regardless of time left/score. I always carry on playing, but then if they want they can choose to end it, or at least realise that I'm not for having any of their crap.

• Upvote 1

I still play this off and on, still annoyingly inconsistent, ha. Infact I played it a lot at the weekend as it seemed to be the only online game I wasn't lagging at. Played a game last night against Rorchord (I always forget who that is, is it @John0 ? Anyway, hit me up with invites Hogg if you and Baz or anyone else wanna play. 

Ahh yeah. Hey! We've been matched randomly quite a few times, I think because we're always around the Platinum 2/3 level on 3s randoms. :)

Yeah I suppose I just need 2 good people to play with so one can cover me :lol: .. I was playing withOMGjordz and Elliot last night and Fuck me it was painful it was like 5 v 1 they both only got it 2 days ago and wow it was dreadful :lol:

• Upvote 1

Would this game be suitable for 6 year old girls?  A friend's twin girls love playing racing games on their tablets; and I said I'd see what games they could play at mine.  They also like football.  So I'm thinking this could be a good combo.  They're not familiar with playing games on a gamepad, so that might be tricky.  Can you play local two player/splitscreen?

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Would this game be suitable for 6 year old girls?  A friend's twin girls love playing racing games on their tablets; and I said I'd see what games they could play at mine.  They also like football.  So I'm thinking this could be a good combo.  They're not familiar with playing games on a gamepad, so that might be tricky.  Can you play local two player/splitscreen?

This game is great for kids, you can split screen it and also play split screen online. I would disable the chat if they are playing online can be toxic at times.

17 hours ago, davejm said:

Oh that sounds amazing.  I wouldn't let them go online.  Can they play against each other split screen?  Although 3v3 with bots sounds fun too.

Yep, split screen (actually supports 4 player split which is what we do when their pals are in) and one picks orange the other blue and get 2 rookie bots each.  My boys laugh and cheer for their teammates etc when the bots score. 

They can equip the hats and silly stuff they win as the session goes on.  I created my boys accounts on xbox so they get to see their names & keep their loot but you can just use regular guest accounts.  

Then if they get bored of the normal mode the hockey mode is a bit easier (puck stays down more) and the weapon mode is bananas and a good laugh. 

After 2 years of hard work, thousands of games, lots of pain, lots of near misses, I have finally made it to Champion rank:

59fdff5dd5ae2_RocketLeague_20171104174353.thumb.jpg.a4b94c2f4421388bc8016ef33bac5202.jpg

I'd like to thank the rllmuk rocket league community, my family and mostly GravityDefier90 and GIGIX94 for holding it together. I would never have thought that I'd reach Champion in 3s before 2s.

I either stop playing now and forever hold on to the achievement or continue and inevitably see myself embrace the dark side and drop back to diamond rank.

• Upvote 5

On 04/11/2017 at 18:02, superstarbeejay said:

I either stop playing now and forever hold on to the achievement or continue and inevitably see myself embrace the dark side and drop back to diamond rank.

If you stop playing that mode, after a while you’ll lose the rank anyway!

I can’t help but feel it is too much of a coincidence that Rocket League comes out on the Switch about six hours before I leave to catch a flight for a work trip.

Just played my first couple of games on the bog. Glory days. After my reservations about Doom in handheld, this is perfect. I'm shit tier, for context, but I didn't notice the lack of analogue triggers at all. 

1 hour ago, Xevious said:

If you stop playing that mode, after a while you’ll lose the rank anyway!

How long? I havent played 3s since and still have my rank right now. I made it to champion on 2s last night too and managed to win a few at champion level so got 5 wins of the 12 I need to receive the reward. Dropped back to diamond 3 now though.

Coming from other formats, I’m not completely won over by the Switch version, but the sound effect when you jump as the Mario car just about vindicates the £15 double triple dip all by itself.

I had a REAL quick go this morning before work (and obviously ended up being late to work).

Few things..

The resolution takes a bit of getting used to in handheld. The title screen and any other menus are quite tricky to read and i found the UI slightly laggy here.

The game itself definitely is running lower resolution but after that initially set back i really didn't have a problem with it. Of course, i used to play this on my high end gaming PC so there is definitely a difference but it seemed fine and the controls worked well enough.

However, is there no way of using my account from the PC version? I ranked pretty high in that and well, i don't really fancy starting from scratch.

Also couldn't seem to find the Nintendo stadium in the list, but i didn't really spend long looking.

Will try it on the TV later and see the difference. Hopefully they continue to optimize it.

On 04/11/2017 at 18:02, superstarbeejay said:

After 2 years of hard work, thousands of games, lots of pain, lots of near misses, I have finally made it to Champion rank:

59fdff5dd5ae2_RocketLeague_20171104174353.thumb.jpg.a4b94c2f4421388bc8016ef33bac5202.jpg

I'd like to thank the rllmuk rocket league community, my family and mostly GravityDefier90 and GIGIX94 for holding it together. I would never have thought that I'd reach Champion in 3s before 2s.

Bloody hell beejay, took you long enough :lol:

:hat:well done tho I've not managed it this season I got pretty close to it in twos with @Jamin a few weeks back where we went on an unbeaten run for 9 games, but played with mack the next day and dropped like a sack of spuds 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1