hellcock junior

Rocket League

Football with cars! I'm sure I've seen this tried a few times but this looks like it works - I predict this is going to be massive! It's certainly very fun to watch.

PSN owners get it free and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get the Steam version too.

Edited by gospvg
added tags
  • Upvote 5

It's by the guys who did Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3. That was mostly awful and this looks alarmingly similar. Sounds like fun in principle but turns out chasing after an oversized beach ball in a car is mind-numbingly dull.

It's a sequal apparently, these guys also had a hand in developing UT:2004... I'm still hyped, hearing the joy in people's voices as they play this is enough to convince it's a winner, especially with friends. :)

Played a quick single player season which was ok, if a bit easy. Played 3 games of matchmaking online and had a great time, it's very fun to play. Pretty much instant games and no psn problems so far

Played a quick single player season which was ok, if a bit easy. Played 3 games of matchmaking online and had a great time, it's very fun to play. Pretty much instant games and no psn problems so far

I think you have to unlock the difficult AI, it goes up to All-Star from what Streamers were saying.

PSN hasn't changed for me yet, looks like I'll be playing this tomorrow. :(

Does anyone know how this works in terms of matchmaking and getting into an online game? Can you form teams? Or does it just group you with friends and pit you against randoms? Can you play 2v2/3v3/4v4?

You couldn't have timed this better.

I played a couple of games before it went down. It's really fun the bigger games are quite hectic and I'm finding it hard with the camera angle but it is great fun!

Does anyone know how this works in terms of matchmaking and getting into an online game? Can you form teams? Or does it just group you with friends and pit you against randoms? Can you play 2v2/3v3/4v4?

1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4

The matchmaking is done on skill level (your rank) and I assume things like win percentage all play a part. The teams are randomised. I don't know how it would work if you went into an online game with a friend in terms of if it would put you in the same team

Must admit I knew nothing of this game until it was announced for PSPlus and thought it sounded and looked like it'd be a bit poor.

Had a few games this morning and it turns out its a right laugh, really good fun.

I'm only a lurker around here but would be up for some games with you guys if that's ok as I can't see anyone on my friends list playing this.

• Upvote 3

1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4

The matchmaking is done on skill level (your rank) and I assume things like win percentage all play a part. The teams are randomised. I don't know how it would work if you went into an online game with a friend in terms of if it would put you in the same team

So there's no such thing as persistent teams? Ranking is a single player thing, rather than team based?

So there's no such thing as persistent teams? Ranking is a single player thing, rather than team based?

Not that I'm aware of, I could be wrong though. I've only played by myself so far

Is it possible for me to play with and against mates in this game?

Pretty sure I saw an option before the servers went down to team up with friends in matchmaking. You can definitely play with and against friends in private online matches and locally.

Pretty sure I saw an option before the servers went down to team up with friends in matchmaking. You can definitely play with and against friends in private online matches and locally.

I think you can do ranked party matchmaking in 2v2. But for 3v3 ranked, you're required to queue solo for the time being.

Is it possible for me to play with and against mates in this game?

Private matches to play against your mates

And you can create a party and i assume go into online matches to play with your mates

Hope these server issues don't kill the game. Same kinda thing happened with Secret Ponchos, and that's empty now.

I don't think it was the servers that killed Secret Ponchos, I think Secret Ponchos killed Secret Ponchos.

• Upvote 1

It's by the guys who did Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3. That was mostly awful and this looks alarmingly similar. Sounds like fun in principle but turns out chasing after an oversized beach ball in a car is mind-numbingly dull.

How dare you! It's great multiplayer. Loved it on PS3.

Servers are down atm so did the training and started playing bots. Me and a bot were 3-0 down and we pulled it back to 3-3 then I scored with 8 seconds left.. but they equalised with 3 seconds left! I scored a winner in over time :D. It's so so good, pure distilled 100% fun.