IGNORED

Zero Time Dilemma: Zero Escape 3

strawdonkey

Completely stuck, about 70% through.

Spoiler

I've got endings 1, 3, 5 and 6, and have no new available spots on the flow to visit. Only things that still require choices are the Q crossbow section (four options, have discovered three) and the Door of Truth (for which I don't have the code).

[edit] Waaaaait a sec. Progress made...

[edit 2] finished.

Hi everyone, I know I'm late, blame Danganronpa. I'm jumping straight to posting without reading because I want to check the thread is completely spoiler free- not even a whisper of an uncovered spoiler. So is it? Also is there anything I need to know before starting?

Play the previous games first if you want to have the vaguest idea of what's going on. Also set aside time to play because the game basically advances itself on 3DS, the characters talk without needing you to forward the conversation by pressing buttons, so if you look away you'll miss things. Sometimes the conversations go on for half an hour.

The thread is spoiler-free.

3 hours ago, therearerules said:

Hi everyone, I know I'm late, blame Danganronpa. I'm jumping straight to posting without reading because I want to check the thread is completely spoiler free- not even a whisper of an uncovered spoiler. So is it? Also is there anything I need to know before starting?

Keep notes.

On 14/07/2016 at 12:44, Thwomp said:

Play the previous games first if you want to have the vaguest idea of what's going on.

Done, and then done again, then again, then again, and again, again, again.

Right I'm some way through, no idea how far THOUGHTS!

I really like that they've changed up the system again. VLR from 999 felt like a significant polishing of something special, but I was afraid they'd just copy the VLR system again. The whole memory loss fragments are genius. For one thing, it feels like memory loss done correctly. I thought the times were all the same at first, but now I'm not so sure. Lots of things seem to be happening in the wrong timeline (too many dead usually, which is then misremembered), but I've still new fragments to explore so I don't know.

Don't know why Mira doesn't do up her top.

Just did the pod room. Base 13 maths on the hottest night of the year at 11pm may not sound like fun, but I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the sudden lack of Q and C section though. Especially when I realised I could go back to the original non-duplicated bodies. Thought I would get my 8 digit code, but not yet. In fact, I'm wondering if I'm missing something from the lack of codes- in VLR you couldn't miss them, but here I'm not so sure.

I'm smiling a lot. At first I was wary condiering the price, but I'm really enjoying it.

Oh, and who's the crazy murderer in D?? Who's Zero? Where's Clover? etc. Not far enough through to even feel like I'm getting answers yet.

I did guess blue on the first guess though. That was funny.

I'm not sure I like this as much as 999 for some reason, it feels a little more forced somehow (like when occasionally you go down a path and can't pick another team) and in 999 I seem to remember somehow getting 'further' with the game before shift stuff got explained...

It might just be because it's within the same world and it's more familiar because of it but at the same time, there's also a few things that I didn't fully 'get' like the having to re-do the initial vote to make sure a particular team was executed for a 'path' to work properly.

I dunno, it's not quite KERBLAMMING me as 999 did for some reason and some quite 'big' things have happened so far.

ALL SPOILERS

So start off with the good. Loved the room reveal and the fact that when the times were realised the flowchart changed to reflect this. Really nicely done.

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Some excellent puzzles I thought, especially once I'd been around the fragments to try and unlock things. My thought process upon seeing the dice options went 'They can't expect me to do this 216 times'...'Oh, I guess they can'. I got the roll on my 4th attempt, I'm wondering if it's the same for everyone.

The way the fragment system worked was good, even though it meant piecing the timelines together myself. But that's the kind of legwork I enjoy in these games.

I'm mixed about the SHIFTing. On one hand I thought the idea of Carlos quantum leaping into different versions of himself was fun, and he seemed to enjoy it, but it just didn't seem to fit. It made it this easy jolly thing you do for fun, rather than something the entirety of VLR was there to make happen.

Whilst I thought the Q reveal wasn't as good as previous twists, it was at least new, and it explained a lot of the text inputs and Eric calling 'Q' Sean. I thought the game had got stuff wrong (also with Akane and Junpei dying in the apocalypse ending), but I should realise by now wrong things are just hints as to what is really going on.

The passcodes.

I liked the characters.

The not so good:

The ending is abrupt and felt rushed. :(

I feel as though there was just one more scene needed. Ahem:

Carlos aims gun. Decision game time: "Shoot" or "Don't Shoot" [twist here, whichever you pick he shoots due to the mind control ability].

Bullet flies at Delta.

CUT TO

That footpath scene.

Old man's voice: "A snail can be responsible for a lot. But this one won't be. On the grass you go".

Woman's voice: "Good morning!"

Old man's voice: "Good morning."

FIN

That's genuinely where I thought we were headed right at the last moment. We'd been told about the snail, about the misery it caused for everyone, about how Zero can control people, about how he can't SHIFT, but with enough SHIFTers around normal people can shift provided they're in mortal danger, about how much Zero cared for Sean. I would have been happy with that. Instead we get COMPLEX REASONS. And some fanfic in the files.

I don't mind Mira as a character, or Eric, who served as a useful dangerous idiot, I just wish someone would have pointed out she was a serial killer and maybe she should have done her top up. I was distracting more than anything.

COMPLEX REASONS.

They should have had R6 released in all histories except the last one. In fact, most of the histories were so convoluted, and unlike the other games I did just kind of feel so what? because all histories are equal. In only one history is R6 released, and only one history with the pep talk about taking on the Deus Ex Machina Fanatic. So the whole game seems pointless (in a story sense), except for those COMPLEX REASONS.

It completely undermines VLR, and some of 999. Free the Soul are a terrorist organisation who killed Alice's dad. Oh no wait they're just misunderstood good guys because all Zeros have to be. No no non non.

It sounds like I dislike more than I like, which I don't, I really enjoyed over 95% of the game. I'm just crestfallen by the final 5%. This was meant to be the finale, and they botched the landing. But I still love it more than I hate it.

It's the LOST of videogames.

Yep, agreed. Though I thought the new characters were pointless and 

Spoiler

The retconning of Free the Soul was terrible. Is Delta supposed to be Brother? I always thought that was Ace? And I thought FtS were the ones who wanted to destroy humanity?

Rushed and underfunded is my take. I'm glad we have it though but VLR and 999 are a tier above.

im a bit stuck on this, probably due to getting a bit bored in some of the story bits so not paying attention and playing it over a few weeks so not remembering stuff I need to know.

Spoiler

I can't seem to get past various parts of the flow chart that i'm stuck on, so i'm not sure if I should know one or more of these:

- all the force quit boxes, I don't know the passwords, well I knew half of one and googled the other half and that didn't get me un-stuck.

- who killed mira

- what Q's name is - carlos did recently send gab with a note about this but i'm not sure how to get to the part of the story where someone picks this up.

- door of truth password

I've had 3 endings after nearly 20 hours.

so if anyone has any vague hints as to what i need to do to get un-stuck that would be great :)

edited to remove n's - pc went crazy.

1 hour ago, spatular said:

im a bit stuck on this, probably due to getting a bit bored in some of the story bits so not paying attention and playing it over a few weeks so not remembering stuff I need to know.

Hide contents

I can't seem to get past various parts of the flow chart that i'm stuck on, so i'm not sure if I should know one or more of these:

- all the force quit boxes, I don't know the passwords, well I knew half of one and googled the other half and that didn't get me un-stuck.

- who killed mira

- what Q's name is - carlos did recently send gab with a note about this but i'm not sure how to get to the part of the story where someone picks this up.

- door of truth password

I've had 3 endings after nearly 20 hours.

so if anyone has any vague hints as to what i need to do to get un-stuck that would be great :)

edited to remove n's - pc went crazy.

Once you've done all options in both execution games, and chosen both paths on all other places, you may be stuck at the place I was:

Rolling three 1's. It may take a while, but you have to do it. And there's no trick to it

Also, you shouldn't need to google search anything.

thanks for the reply! i have already done that bit, i did a little googling and found there might be a bug where it doesn't unlock parts of the 4 bits that are on their own on the left of the flow chart properly, so i think that might be my problem....

edit - oh so i shouldn't have to google anything - does that mean it will show me the passwords for things if ive already seen them but forgotten?

No, but they try to make it as obvious as possible, and if you do forget you can just go back and see what it was. You can also pause to use the notepad during cutscenes.

If you haven't unlocked the door of truth you shouldn't be unlocking the left hand side.

Have you seen all teams been executed from the first vote? If you have all the circles to the left should be lit.

15 hours ago, therearerules said:

No, but they try to make it as obvious as possible, and if you do forget you can just go back and see what it was. You can also pause to use the notepad during cutscenes.

Reveal hidden contents

If you haven't unlocked the door of truth you shouldn't be unlocking the left hand side.

Have you seen all teams been executed from the first vote? If you have all the circles to the left should be lit.

thanks again for the help :) that's sort of why i'm asking here in the first place, 10+ hours of cutsenes i'm not going to go back and watch them all again. well i've watched a few bits again, but with no luck. so i'm trying to find out what /if anything i've missed from here or google.

Spoiler

you're right i shouldn't have done that force quit box. so i ended up doing that bit before i should have been able to.

and yeah i got all the circles lit for the executions last night and that did unlock some more stuff, then i found out you can skip some text entries by waiting to get other outcomes - that unlocked some more...and now i'm stuck again.

- i got a code to unlock Q's head - thought that might be of use elsewhere but if it is i don't know where.

- i know Q's name but that also doesn't seem to be helping me - actually just entered delta in one of the text entry bits and that got me a new bit but it didn't seem to unlock anything else. 

- the coin flip at the start is still saying it's incomplete but i've had a win/loss on both blue and red so not sure what else i can do there.

the flow chart is pretty full now i'm just missing, the other 2 force quit boxes (so a lot of stuff on the left), the door of truth (and a lot of stuff after this), a bit after they run away from the bomb, and a bit at the end of the dice rolls.

OK after a bit of googling i've found where i'm stuck!

Spoiler

the door of truth - the twins birthday - Doh!

i've only just seen those bits too, did i mention i've been getting pretty bored during the cinematics :blush:

This game has definitely worn out its welcome with me. It's about three times longer than it should be, and ridiculously convoluted, even for a 999 game. Apart from one moment that I mentioned in spoilers above, there hasn't been a single moment where I gave a fuck about what was happening. 

Also I'm stuck. I've just

got the code for Q's helmet, and I have no pathways open. Every guide online tells me to make sure I've got the executions for all teams, plus have them all survive. I've done that.

1 hour ago, Thwomp said:

This game has definitely worn out its welcome with me. It's about three times longer than it should be, and ridiculously convoluted, even for a 999 game. Apart from one moment that I mentioned in spoilers above, there hasn't been a single moment where I gave a fuck about what was happening. 

Also I'm stuck. I've just

Reveal hidden contents

got the code for Q's helmet, and I have no pathways open. Every guide online tells me to make sure I've got the executions for all teams, plus have them all survive. I've done that.

Have you

Spoiler

Rolled three ones?

Yes to both. Off the top of my head the storylines I've got left but can't progress are

who killed Mira (fourth option), Sigma & Diane door of truth password, shoot or don't shoot Sigma in the head (third option), plus all the force quit boxes.

I've already been spoilered trying to find out online what to do next. I just want to play the game, not fanny about for hours trying to progress. 

43 minutes ago, Thwomp said:

Yes to both. Off the top of my head the storylines I've got left but can't progress are

Hide contents

who killed Mira (fourth option), Sigma & Diane door of truth password, shoot or don't shoot Sigma in the head (third option), plus all the force quit boxes.

I've already been spoilered trying to find out online what to do next. I just want to play the game, not fanny about for hours trying to progress. 

Spoiler

I think you need to keep doing the shoot sigma one till you get all the outcomes. Not sure if that will get you unstuck mind.