rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

29 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Splatoon 2! :wub::wub:

Matches are only 3 minutes long. It's built around quick play.

Oh, yes, this - work from home, and you can get a few matches in during your 'lunch break' without having to lie about why you haven't done any work for the rest of the day...

3 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I was sat in my bed last night playing Doom multiplayer.

Is that what they call it now.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

I'm with you on the convenience thing, but in rest mode the PS4 behaves pretty much the same as the Switch does. Wake it up, open the game you're playing and you're instantly back where you left off. When you're done, suspend the game and stick it back in rest mode, just like the Switch.

The Switch is somehow even faster though.

And it doesn’t have a big stupid distracting orange light to let you know it’s in rest mode. 

I'm with everyone on the ease of using the Switch. If it wasn't for the Shadow of the Colossus remake next year, I'd get rid of my PS4. It hasn't been switched on since I completed Nier: Autonoma about 5 months ago.

13 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

Shame that Cuphead won't get a proper port, seems like a great fit for the platform.

Why won't Cuphead get a port ? It would do amazingly on the switch. To be honest I think that with pretty much every Indie game I've previously played. With Isaac over and Gungeon on the way I want to see Undertale, Don't Starve etc.

3 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Why won't Cuphead get a port ? It would do amazingly on the switch. To be honest I think that with pretty much every Indie game I've previously played. With Isaac over and Gungeon on the way I want to see Undertale, Don't Starve etc.

Doesn't it struggle on an Xbone? Can't see it performing on a Switch if true.

I wonder if we’re at a point with power/performance/graphics & framerate where the gains don’t matter now to a lot of the audience.

Sure a game will look better in native 4k at 60fps but to many people the same game at 720p undocked 30fps will be just fine for the convenience of it all (generic numbers not referring to cuphead)

It reminds me of music hi fi fans turning their noses up at iTunes and compressed mp3 music played thru earbuds 10y back - sure it sounds better on an amazing expensive setup but we know how people voted in the main for how they consume music.

there will always be a core of the audience to whom such things matter a lot - but I think with Switch they’ve hit a sweetspot with performance vs convenience where the extra power just doesn’t matter to many of us.

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Sounds like Cuphead is exclusive to XBone in the console domain. If we're lucky, that's timed exclusivity. Also, it doesn't sound like any sequel would be locked in.

Cuphead got a lot of support from Microsoft, wouldn't be surprised if it's locked down to their ecosystem for a good while.

Has anyone bought VVVVVV on Switch? Heard lots about it in the past but never played it. Good port? It doesn't look remotely demanding but you never know.

15 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Cuphead is the fit girl from school you fancied even though she was a dick and hated you.

Read that as "had a dick" then.

I was never confused.

My Switch was pretty neglected when I couldn’t really get into Zelda.  However since trying it again and getting hooked I’m on it constantly.

currently mainly Zelda and Mario but I also have Mario Kart and Graceful Explosion Machine and yesterday just picked up Splatoon 2 and had a few games.

I commute into London everyday and have typically used the time watching Tv on Netflix/Amazon but now it’s the switch all the way.    It’s great being able to play these games on the move.

I'd says almost everything on the Switch is built around short chunks, even the longer form games. I've culled about sixty games from my library to put more time into fewer, premium titles. I fucking love ARMS but I'm easily distracted by ten minutes of, I dunno, Jydge or Slime-san, which don't make anything like the same impact.

The Switch can be an endless tremendous distraction but I'm trying to make sure that I'm spending quality time with it, rather than distraction time. I've reduced my library to a rotation of eighteen, with a only a couple of smaller titles which I've enjoyed enough to want to complete. Maybe when I'm done I'll install something I've largely left unplayed but my intention is to put more into fewer. 

I heard a rumour that there's a new Box Boy game coming to the Switch. Maybe it was even in this thread.

Having just finished the last of the 3DS games, I am well up for this.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying RIVE, it's hard but the checkpoints are frequent so progress is still fairly swift. It also makes for a game suited to short sessions. Tellingly I just had a "zone" moment with it, enhanced by the in-game music. The humour is pretty poor but not that it detracts from the game. I'm pretty glad I bought it and would say it's a pretty safe bet if you enjoy shmups. I do like twin stick shooters and it's novel for me to play one that is also a platformer.

Wow, check out these amazing Black Friday deals on the US eStore, I hope we get deals this irresistible too!

Nintendo Switch

1-2-Switch
$49.99
$39.99

Super Bomberman R
$49.99
$39.99

I am Setsuna
$39.99
$23.99

Puyo Puyo Tetris
$29.99
$24.99

Lego City Undercover
$39.99
$27.99

Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game
$59.99
$41.99

Disgaea 5 Complete
$59.99
$49.99

• Upvote 3

Hah. If NoE play to form, we'll have a rise of ten quid for every title in the sale...

• Upvote 1

Playing (plugged in!) on the train. The power socket and the headphone socket appear to be the wrong way around for this. 

• Upvote 1

Just got doom and trying to get past the eula seems to not let me press continue. I press the box to confirm then it does nothing and wont let me navigate to press continue 

2 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

Just got doom and trying to get past the eula seems to not let me press continue. I press the box to confirm then it does nothing and wont let me navigate to press continue 

Hard reset your switch. Solves most problems like that.

Just now, pulsemyne said:

Hard reset your switch. Solves most problems like that.

yep it did lol Thanks.  Classic I.T turn it on and off again 

I see Xonic Superbeat is out in the US now. If you like music games pick this up,  it’s absolutely brilliant. 

I find it strange that there aren’t more racing games on Switch, especially “arcade” ones. Vita had Motorstorm RC and Need for Speed, and going back further on handheld there were games like Ridge Racer, Outrun, Burnout and Wipeout. 

In recent times arcade racers died off, but surely  they would be a great fit on Switch? 

I’d go even further and suggest a new SSX or Tony Hawks would find a good home on the Switch

Can I have Hotline Miami on Switch as well? Ok thanks, bye.

sorry, me again... OlliOlli as well please? Cheers.