Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Capwn said:

 

My right hand keeps going to the 'buttons' thinking there is a joystick there. It's just a 1 second pause 'oh yeah' thing which is fine with games play GolfStory but with Mario it can cause instant death. 

 

What controller does your right-hand think it's using - can't think of any current gen controllers that would have a stick there.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shoes said:

Can you do the circular hat throw without waggling the pad?

 

Yep, but it still might be fairly hard work. You furiously rotate the analog stick 'til Mario starts pirouetting and then press (maybe hold) the cap button. It's not as immediate but I prefer it now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the red joycons standalone from Japan; the ones that come in the Odyssey console bundle over here. By far the best colour. Pleasingly muted in a darker rouge than I was expecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A quick late-to-the-party question, if I may:

 

Is there any difference (apart from the purely cosmetic) between the various versions (grey, red, neon) of the console available just now? I've seen some comments up-thread about poor connectivity on older controllers and wondered if 'older' correlated to any particular console.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PinkMoon said:

 

A quick late-to-the-party question, if I may:

 

Is there any difference (apart from the purely cosmetic) between the various versions (grey, red, neon) of the console available just now? I've seen some comments up-thread about poor connectivity on older controllers and wondered if 'older' correlated to any particular console.

 

 

 

All the same as far as I’m aware, I’ve got the Neon one and have never had connectivity issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capwn said:

 

My right hand keeps going to the 'buttons' thinking there is a joystick there. It's just a 1 second pause 'oh yeah' thing which is fine with games play GolfStory but with Mario it can cause instant death. 

 

So.... What is your right hand doing when you're not pressing buttons? Shouldn't it be resting on the controller at all times anyway? You should never forget where things are.

Also - I keep saying this but increase the camera speed in the options for better SM64 c-button emulation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PinkMoon said:

 

A quick late-to-the-party question, if I may:

 

Is there any difference (apart from the purely cosmetic) between the various versions (grey, red, neon) of the console available just now? I've seen some comments up-thread about poor connectivity on older controllers and wondered if 'older' correlated to any particular console.

 

 

 

Its more a question of how it represents your personality than anything technically different.

 

Basically you have Neon, red or..

 

A113EF43-109A-4D60-BD8F-EEF23F430EDB.jpeg.248cb4c0e67e5a56c429b2bf296530d5.jpeg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Its more a question of how it represents your personality than anything technically different.

 

Basically you have Neon, red or..

 

A113EF43-109A-4D60-BD8F-EEF23F430EDB.jpeg.248cb4c0e67e5a56c429b2bf296530d5.jpeg

 

 

 

 

You have neon, red or anti-Brexit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Choose wisely.

 

If you get a neon switch, the implication is that you might just be a WKD drinking, spice smoking lout who hangs around the swings at the local park. Grey is the connoisseur’s choice, and purchased by gentleman who prefer sipping G&T on the French Riviera. 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

 

What an awful generalisation,

 

It took me back so much I nearly spilt my WKD.

 

I think it's a scandal they even let people in prison play on games consoles.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Choose wisely.

 

If you get a neon switch, the implication is that you might just be a WKD drinking, spice smoking lout who hangs around the swings at the local park. Grey is the connoisseur’s choice, and purchased by gentleman who prefer sipping G&T on the French Riviera. 

 

Said like a true Daily Mail reading Tory for life, you deserve a grey one!

 

A113EF43-109A-4D60-BD8F-EEF23F430EDB.jpeg.248cb4c0e67e5a56c429b2bf296530d5.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the_debaser said:

I did actually buy the Splatoon pro controller, but keep it hidden away lest anyone think the worst of me. 

 

I did exactly the same.

I dread to think the effect it would have on my income and investments if I was seen with such a garish item in public.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neon look bad in pictures but in the flesh they’re even worse. Truly hideous. The grey looks way classier. I’m amazed people think otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, does anyone know how long it takes to get the Bluetooth issue repaired these days if you post your joycon to Nintendo? Bought a launch console and myself and the kids have just used it as a Zelda machine, which means the joucon issue has only really caused minor problems. I plan to get Mario for Xmas so I'd like it back well before then ideally. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deKay said:

 

I've been using it constantly.

 

EDIT: I usually "steer" my character in games like this with the right stick moving the camera, rather than using the left stick to move. If you see what I mean.

 

I played a few more hours today and paid attention, I use it lots too. Turns out it’s so easy I’d not really realised. On the other hand I don’t have a Pro controller so far so I have no muscle memory of that thumb position to beat. But yeah, try it the way Nintendo clearly intended, it might surprise you. Probably not, obv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted the Neons but have these red ones that came with the Mario pack, I love these arguments about the colour. The neons are the correct choice by the way as it's a toy not a Bang & Olufsen Hi Fi, It's supposed to be fun you po faced grey car driving dullards.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My car is black and my joycons are neon. Fancy those Splatoon ones and the Xenoblade Pro Controller too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I wanted the Neons but have these red ones that came with the Mario pack, I love these arguments about the colour. The neons are the correct choice by the way as it's a toy not a Bang & Olufsen Hi Fi, It's supposed to be fun you po faced grey car driving dullards.

 

It's not a toy, it's a piece of consumer electronics. The SNES is the greatest console of all time. It's grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

 

The SNES is the greatest console of all time. It's grey.

 

Apart from the red, blue, green and yellow.  You wanted those buttons to be grey too, amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ordering a green and pink pair to go with the blue and red we already have. Was planning on grey but I honestly like the neon colours in person - and they complement the bright colourful games too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NickC said:

 

Apart from the red, blue, green and yellow.  You wanted those buttons to be grey too, amirite?

 

Are you arguing that that the SNES is NOT a grey console?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Are you arguing that that the SNES is NOT a grey console?

 

Ah, Rex.  I'm just joshing you. 

 

Has your interaction with your consumer electronic device been pleasurable this week? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NickC said:

 

Ah, Rex.  I'm just joshing you. 

 

Have you enjoyed interacting with your consumer electronic device this week? :P

 

It has been most satisfactory and I've enjoyed the nods of respect from my peers on public transport.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.