Nintendo Switch

I'm aware it's generally fine, people. I was referencing the PSN shambles with my tongue in cheek!

(i.e. it was a social experiment)

That said, eShop cards are always cheaper so I never use Paypal (aside from that one time you got free Nintendomoney for it) or cards on my account.

2 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Also, eShop credit never comes in amounts that match a game price, so even if it’s “cheap” you end up with amounts you can’t use left on your account. 

Can’t you just pay for the price of the game ? I’m not sure you have to add funds in increments of £10 like you used to

Okay, I'm being exceptionally dumb here but I need some clarification (I don't own a Switch yet btw).

If I create a UK account (buy some games, whatever) I can then switch the region to something like SA, buy some digital games, and then switch the region back to UK without any issues?

So if I delete the game I can just redownload it from the UK eShop at any point without having to Switch regions again?

Huh? Which pads are those?

The only official Switch Pro controllers are the standard black, the Pink and Green Splatoon 2 and the upcoming Xenoblade one. Presumably they're cheaper because they're third party.

Edit - Googled it, they do look identical! No idea how they compare to the official pad. :D

Edit 2! - "The controllers will cost $30, but the cheap price will set you back in terms of features, as neither one will feature HD Rumble support, and also won’t have gyro controls or any sort of NFC reader for Amiibo support. Still, if you’re just looking for a controller that gives you quick arcade action, you can’t go wrong here."

34 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Regarding the pro controller. What the difference between the actual pro, and the themed pads like Mario and Zelda? The themed ones are like half the price of the pro. But they look identical. 

They're wired. And possibly not as good to use as they're third party.

Edit: Oh yeah, and that other stuff.

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

Ooooh look - maybe Netflix et al aren't as far away as we think - the door just swung open...

http://nintendoeverything.com/hulu-coming-to-switch-today/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hulu-switch

I noticed the other day that the new firmware update adds a setting, something like don't fall asleep when in media mode. Media mode = can only assume netflix or hulu.

8 hours ago, bobontheway said:

Okay, I'm being exceptionally dumb here but I need some clarification (I don't own a Switch yet btw).

If I create a UK account (buy some games, whatever) I can then switch the region to something like SA, buy some digital games, and then switch the region back to UK without any issues?

So if I delete the game I can just redownload it from the UK eShop at any point without having to Switch regions again?

Its worth noting that when you switch regions your lose any credit you had. I'd just make a new account...

Yeah that's right. Bought Odyssey and DOOM off the SA shop. Took all of about 20 seconds to change my Nintendo do account to Africa and hey presto, 40Euro games!

Changed straight back after the download and all grand.

Had a quick go of DOOM, I keep trying to use gyro for aiming. Been a while since dual analogue for me. Will have to unlearn what I have learned...

10 minutes ago, daifuco said:

pro controller is probably the best controller ever but you cant say that out loud because Nintendo is supposed to be good at gimmicks and not at normal controllers.

It's not quite as good as the Xbox One controller, which is inferior to the Elite controller. 

But it's pretty good by any other standards. 

The 360 controller is the best controller. That includes all controllers ever. Unless you ever need a d-pad, in which case no, no, no. They tried to make a decent d-pad, I said...

But everything else, yes, yes, yes.

This belongs in another thread.

4 hours ago, clippa said:

I was hoping the gyro aiming would be the halfway house between mousey keyboard/analogue stick that I've always dreamt of (trackball, anyone? Steam controller maybe?) but I didn't like it at all, really laggy, unusable, terrible input method, fake news.

Gyro aimng on Zelda is a bit laggy.  Gyro aiming on a Steam controller is fantastic along with using the right touch pas as track ball, revolutionary control when it comes to anything thing that requires aiming or even just camera control.