rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, shirubagan said:

The disc won’t fit in the Switch. 

Whoops, I meant a whatchamacallit version.  Physical media version. 

10 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Whoops, I meant a whatchamacallit version.  Physical media version. 

Cartridge? :) 

• Upvote 1

I'll be interested to hear your views on Zelda, @Cosmic_Guru. Given your love for RPGs in general, I could see you either loving it or hating it with a passion.

2 hours ago, JLM said:

I got mine from Very.co.uk and used the code HELLOYOU which gives you %20 off your first order. So ended up paying £264 for the console and Breath of the wild. You don't have to sign your life away to them and take out credit either. I just bought it straight up.

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console-grey-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/1600156890.prd?_requestid=205002&Ntt=nintendo switch

£329.99 and the offer knocked off £66.

EDIT: Scratch that bit about the offer expiring at the end of October. It's actually valid until 13/11/17.

Just tried that code and it takes 10% off making it £300. I'm guessing they've realised that a Switch is technically electrical goods :(

2 hours ago, JLM said:

I got mine from Very.co.uk and used the code HELLOYOU which gives you %20 off your first order. So ended up paying £264 for the console and Breath of the wild. You don't have to sign your life away to them and take out credit either. I just bought it straight up.

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console-grey-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/1600156890.prd?_requestid=205002&Ntt=nintendo switch

£329.99 and the offer knocked off £66.

EDIT: Scratch that bit about the offer expiring at the end of October. It's actually valid until 13/11/17.

Hmm. Interesting. I can’t teally argue with the value of games. I always get great enjoyment out of the ones I like and think £40 is a great deal etc. But £360 is a lot for anything. Again though, I think it would be hard to find something that represented better value in some ways...  

360/100x20...

6 minutes ago, bobontheway said:

Just tried that code and it takes 10% off making it £300. I'm guessing they've realised that a Switch is technically electrical goods :(

Ah that's a shame. Only used it yesterday as well.

Chalk me up as another Pro Controller evangelist. I used the Joycons in the grip and in either hand before getting one, the Joycons are great but the Pro Controller is GOAT for everything that isn't Blaster Master and Puyo Puyo.

2 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I'm joining this club tomorrow so expect lots of posts about DPD drivers.  I already have the pro-controller and a disc copy of Zelda to hand, just waiting for the console and Mario.  

Getting a wee bit excited about this now.

Babe, optical media is sooo 20th century, there’s this new thing called cartridges?

Desperately trying to finish Zelda before Mario tomorrow. Still got all of the south region to explore before tackling Hyrule Castle. What are my chances?

6 minutes ago, Popo said:

Desperately trying to finish Zelda before Mario tomorrow. Still got all of the south region to explore before tackling Hyrule Castle. What are my chances?

Don't. BotW is an experience you don't want to rush. Mario isn't going anywhere.

Don’t rush it. Leave Odyssey for a week or park BOTW.

Edit: Can’t believe I’m typing this, but what NEG said. ;)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NEG said:

Don't. BotW is an experience you don't want to rush. Mario isn't going anywhere.

Wise words. But sometime people need to make their own mistakes! :omg:

Will the Mario pre-load become active at midnight or will I have to wait to some ridiculous arbitrary hour? I just can't wait, have been planning a sleepless night all day!

7 hours ago, Popo said:

I've had Zelda since launch and I still haven't finished it. I just keep coming back to it, doing a bit more, exploring a bit more. To be honest I don't think I want it to end?

• Upvote 2

For those looking at picking up a Switch for the best price at the mo and dont wanna go near Very as they have some dubious customer service. Game have the Neon with Mario bundle at £309 delivered only at the mo. I wouldnt normally go near GAME but it seems to be the cheapest way forward

https://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-neon-with-super-mario-odyssey-2188004

I thought that £299 (with 2 games included) tesco deal I posted was decent - especially since one of the games is Mario/Rabbids which is just *ace*.

Feels better value to me - would only make it £340 even if you added Mario to it as an extra third title.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, deKay said:

Anyone know what yesterday's update did?

I think they are sorting the audio issues I mentioned.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, deKay said:

Anyone know what yesterday's update did?

"General improvements and stability" + rolled back the HDMI handshake to the same as 3.0.2.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, probotector said:

been using the pro controller for the last hour on mario.

Best controller since the SNES controller.

Nintendo is back baby!

Git, you’ve just cost me £55, I was toying with the idea but you’ve pushed me over the edge, coming tomorrow.

I would use the separated joy cons for Mario. The game is designed for them, and it is easier to use the motion controls that way.

• Upvote 3

Agreed. I've just started playing Mario and it's built from the ground up for split joycons. I'll try it with the pro later on, and handheld mode, but anyone buying a Switch now to play Mario, hold off buying a pad until you've tried it. It's excellent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pockets said:

Hang on, there's a Fire Emblem game out on this? Where's the hype?

It's not a traditional Fire Emblem it's a Dynasty Warriors take on it using FE characters, a bit like Hyrule Warriors.

Is it bad that after a month or so I’ve still not played my Switch through a TV?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

"General improvements and stability" + rolled back the HDMI handshake to the same as 3.0.2.

That rollback should fix the blank screen when docked issues I found when waking from sleep on 4.0.0