rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Probably December sometime.

Xmas day....that would be quite a nice little present.....

I've got £100 Nintendo credit to get 2 games between now and Christmas. First one, obvs, will be Mario. Not even a big Mario fan but it has to be done. As for the second game I'm really torn between Skyrim and Xenoblade. I'm guessing I'll end up with Skyrim despite having already played it. Mainly because it come out first so temptation will be to great.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

But I've already been on holiday this year. :wacko:

With all the Switch games we'll soon have you better book another. 

• Upvote 1

Moonlighter looks great, but the HUD is confusing me. It show A and X buttons meaning it can't be a PS version, but has L1 and R1 meaning it can't be Xbone or Switch. A and X colours suggest Xbone though.

Erm.

• Empathy 1

7 minutes ago, AI1 said:

It's LT and RT deKay

Ah, looked like 1s to me.

• Empathy 1

I am not a fan of retro pixel art in games. That Moonlighter though is pixel art done right. Looks great.

4 hours ago, Bazjam said:

I've got £100 Nintendo credit to get 2 games between now and Christmas. First one, obvs, will be Mario. Not even a big Mario fan but it has to be done. As for the second game I'm really torn between Skyrim and Xenoblade. I'm guessing I'll end up with Skyrim despite having already played it. Mainly because it come out first so temptation will be to great.

I keep seeing people saying they have (and love) Switch even though they're not big Mario fans. And it's just testament to how decent it is and the space it fills alongside the other consoles -- from the outset of, well, every Nintendo console ever, my main motivation to buy has always been 'Well, this is where that sweet sweet Nintendo IP is'.

Would be interested to know when / why you picked one up? Zelda, I guess?

And to answer the question: if you haven't already, consider using the other half of the money on some of that beautiful indie stuff. Golf Story and Stardew Valley being the priority.

8 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

not sure which one to get out of Doom, Skyrim or La Noire. What's everyone else getting 

That Mario Party game on the 3DS and Doom. 

Skyrim and LA noire are just awful. 

9 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I keep seeing people saying they have (and love) Switch even though they're not big Mario fans. And it's just testament to how decent it is and the space it fills alongside the other consoles -- from the outset of, well, every Nintendo console ever, my main motivation to buy has always been 'Well, this is where that sweet sweet Nintendo IP is'.

Would be interested to know when / why you picked one up? Zelda, I guess?

And to answer the question: if you haven't already, consider using the other half of the money on some of that beautiful indie stuff. Golf Story and Stardew Valley being the priority.

Have owned most the Nintendo consoles over the years, I especially loved the Gamecube. Just never been a big Mario fan, though I can fully appreciate that they are excellent games and will always give them a try. As far as Nintendo IP goes it's always been about Metroid and Zelda for me. But my main love for the Switch comes from it being such an excellent handheld. I adored my Vita, and this feels like the natural progression from that. What I loved about the Vita was it's mix of great indie games sitting along side "bigger" games like Tearaway and Gravity Rush. The Switch seems to be following that path very nicely so soon I'll have Skyrim/Xenoblade and Mario, sitting alongside Stardew Valley (which is currently taking over my life) and Thimbleweed Park.

I'm one very very happy Switch owner.

The only Mario's I've played post Snes have been on handhelds and I've never played a Zelda......I bought a switch mainly due to it suiting my gaming needs down to the ground, can take it to work with me, can still play when the Mrs has the telly, I can play in bed. At some point I would think an Animal Crossing and a Pokemon will end up on the Switch, that's another reason I bought one.

That said I'm very much looking forward to playing Zelda and I'll certainly give Mario a go this time too. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

Have owned most the Nintendo consoles over the years, I especially loved the Gamecube. Just never been a big Mario fan, though I can fully appreciate that they are excellent games and will always give them a try. As far as Nintendo IP goes it's always been about Metroid and Zelda for me. But my main love for the Switch comes from it being such an excellent handheld. I adored my Vita, and this feels like the natural progression from that. What I loved about the Vita was it's mix of great indie games sitting along side "bigger" games like Tearaway and Gravity Rush. The Switch seems to be following that path very nicely so soon I'll have Skyrim/Xenoblade and Mario, sitting alongside Stardew Valley (which is currently taking over my life) and Thimbleweed Park.

I'm one very very happy Switch owner.

Me too! Same for me with the Vita -- it's funny how Sony's handheld model has always been 'Console games in your hand' and yet Nintendo really delivered on it first.

3 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

The only Mario's I've played post Snes have been on handhelds and I've never played a Zelda......I bought a switch mainly due to it suiting my gaming needs down to the ground, can take it to work with me, can still play when the Mrs has the telly, I can play in bed. At some point I would think an Animal Crossing and a Pokemon will end up on the Switch, that's another reason I bought one.

That said I'm very much looking forward to playing Zelda and I'll certainly give Mario a go this time too. 

If they follow Zelda and Mario (which we can assume is good at this point) with an Animal Crossing in 2018, Switch is undoubtedly the greatest console of all time.

If they follow it with the release of an 'Animal Crossing inspired board game' which is like a really bad Mario Party, I'm out.

Thankfully, it's Nintendo. So either of those is a realistic option and we can all enjoy the dramatic uncertainty.

23 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

Switch system update incoming.

Transfer save data to another system, video capture etc:

Now getting the update but on 3G... will report back but video capture is brilliant if true!

Is that transfer profile and save data option just a way to move everything from one Switch to another rather than a backup option? 

Just bought The Count Lucanor. Had a friend who was going on about it for ages last year when it was released on PC. 

Edit: God, I'm tempted to pick up both Revenant Saga and Elliot Quest later today when they're up as well. :doh:

6 hours ago, MidWalian said:

Switch system update incoming.

Transfer save data to another system, video capture etc:

Boooo, no cloud saving 

55 minutes ago, Nequests said:

There's also some kind of Joycon update available. Not sure what it does.

Is this separate to the software update?

1 minute ago, Jonny5 said:

Is this separate to the software update?

Yeah, you have to go into the Settings menu and update manually.

• Upvote 1

Video capture, but only the previous 30 seconds, and only on 4 games? When is streaming coming like they promised?