rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

15 hours ago, scottcr said:

Thimbleweed Park.

I’m absolutely loving this. It’s a cracking parody/homage to Twin Peaks with great humour. Honestly can’t recommend it high enough.

the Switch is the best gaming platform of all time

To be fair Thimbleweed is out on everything but I certainly echo your general praise of it.

It's exactly what they said they hoped it would be, like you discovered a LucasARTS game from the 90s you somehow never played before.

• Upvote 1

I think it's testament to how great the Switch is that a lot of people prefer playing multiplatform games, particularly indie games, on it. Last night I played a couple of hours Steamworld Dig 2 whilst the missus watched East Enders, Holby City and First Dates. On PS4 I'd have to wait until later. It makes the mundane more interesting. These games seem like a natural for for it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, deKay said:

How many attempts did the last level take you? Because I must be up to 40 now and still can't do it.

Guessing you mean the trials? I gave up. I'm too old for that shit. :lol:

I finished the story and I've so many other games waiting to be played that I really don't have time to be banging my head against the wall finishing up the trial levels. :)

29 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Guessing you mean the trials? I gave up. I'm too old for that shit. :lol:

I finished the story and I've so many other games waiting to be played that I really don't have time to be banging my head against the wall finishing up the trial levels. :)

Same here but I'm doing them anyway! You at least 100%ed it though, yeah?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Yeah. Finished it initially with 97% but I couldn't resist going back in and finding the last bits.

Good luck with the Trials, you're a braver man than me. 

I can do each section individually, but all together? One after the other without dying? Nope.

The heat seeking missile section is the hardest.

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

To be fair Thimbleweed is out on everything but I certainly echo your general praise of it.

It's exactly what they said they hoped it would be, like you discovered a LucasARTS game from the 90s you somehow never played before.

Sure - I'd want to play it anywhere though, not be stuck to only playing it on the TV.  I've put hours into it from the couch, the plane and the train and this is what makes it work for me.  Sure, I could have it on the ipad, but I just can't stand phones/tablets as gaming devices.

3 hours ago, friedgold said:

Absolutely. With TV time limited the best will in the world isn't going to get me playing quirkier stuff like Golf Story when I get an hour or two to play.

Also with Thimbleweed Park you get touch screen controls which is a nice addition for this type of game.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Also with Thimbleweed Park you get touch screen controls which is a nice addition for this type of game.

Ewww, no.  You don't want to be touching your lovely Switch screen.  Fingerprints are the devil's work.

15 hours ago, SimonG said:

Picked up a grey Switch today with Zelda.  Have a 128GB microsd card coming tomorrow, along with a case and a glass screen protector.

I'm itching to play Zelda but I cant before the screen protector is on it!   LOL

It's eating me up inside :(

Just play it, I wouldn’t bother with a protector but if you need to you have to clean the screen first so have a day playing it!

14 hours ago, Oracle said:

Ordered a USB dongle that enables a Wii u pro controller to be used with Switch.  £15 is a damn sight more palatable than £65.  

I honestly couldn’t do without the gyro on the pro, a sentence I never thought I’d say!

9 minutes ago, David Heath said:

Is there a reason games companies don't allow people who purchase the physical games to download them too?

Is it something that could potentially be switched on later?

Because you would then sell the physical copy.

No, see above.

23 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Meh, not used gyro controls for anything.  

Splatoon 2 is the obvious poster child (only loons hold out with traditional controls on that one). But not even in Zelda? Not even for the bow/arrows in BOTW?

• Upvote 1

I bought Golf Story. First time I tried to wake my Switch from sleep after installing it and I get a black screen which I can only recover from by holding the power button down. Does it have known issues?

43 minutes ago, revlob said:

I bought Golf Story. First time I tried to wake my Switch from sleep after installing it and I get a black screen which I can only recover from by holding the power button down. Does it have known issues?

Yip, same thing happened to me. 

48 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Splatoon 2 is the obvious poster child (only loons hold out with traditional controls on that one). But not even in Zelda? Not even for the bow/arrows in BOTW?

No waggle, even for Splatoon. Can't stand that control scheme.  

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oracle said:

No waggle, even for Splatoon. Can't stand that control scheme.  

Its not waggle you fool :P 

its like a combo of mouse aiming and stick movement, the best way of playing an FPS on console yet!

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Barnard said:

I spied a fellow Switch owner as I boarded the train, so I sat across from him and whipped mine out. 

We didn't have any ad-hoc wifi games we both owned, so we ended up playing FIFA in tabletop mode on my machine.

It was just like the adverts, but with a lot less fist pumping. 

:-D

52 minutes ago, KRP said:

I was just about to make the exact same post... Small world!

I was too scared to mention the forum, but I had a feeling when you mentioned FIFA was 60 FPS.

:wub:

Mania's patch came out, but you still can't use the Pro Controller in tabletop mode UNLESS you take out the JoyCons.

I've already tweeted the official Sonic account, Christian Whitehead and A.Webber to fix this most important overlooked concern.

22 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Its not waggle you fool :P 

its like a combo of mouse aiming and stick movement, the best way of playing an FPS on console yet!

Nope and nope. 

Picked up Lego City and Mario Kart 8 on my travels today (had £80 CEX voucher burning a hole)

Plenty of eshop games to get hold of too.....got a bit of catching up to do it seems.