rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Just now, ashmatuk said:

Stardew Valley is £10.99 on the website.

Any advantage to buying it on the website rather than the shop on the Switch itself?

4 minutes ago, Purin said:

Any advantage to buying it on the website rather than the shop on the Switch itself?

No.

Well, yes in my case as I can buy it on the site and it'll download on my Switch at home ready for when I get there.

But otherwise, no.

I bought Golf Story on the website at work last week but when I got home it still needed to download. Seems like you need to wake the Switch before it will start the download which seems to make it kind of useless? I thought it would work like the PS4 does.

Just now, Majora said:

I bought Golf Story on the website at work last week but when I got home it still needed to download. Seems like you need to wake the Switch before it will start the download which seems to make it kind of useless? I thought it would work like the PS4 does.

They download in sleep mode, so long as you have "allow downloads in sleep mode" turned on.

It's how I bought it.

and Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Golf Story, Picross, Stardew Valley and Arms.

Oh, and a Pro controller, case and screen protector.

Expensive month for new adopters!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

and Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Golf Story, Picross, Stardew Valley and Arms.

Oh, and a Pro controller, case and screen protector.

Expensive month for new adopters!

One of the reasons being an early adopter is paying off.^_^

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, HarMGM said:

One of the reasons being an early adopter is paying off.^_^

New buyers should have to wait 6 months before they're allowed to buy Sonic Mania, Golf Story, SteamWorld Dig 2, Stardew Valley and Picross S.

• Upvote 1

Thimbleweed Park.

I’m absolutely loving this. It’s a cracking parody/homage to Twin Peaks with great humour. Honestly can’t recommend it high enough.

the Switch is the best gaming platform of all time

• Upvote 5

Shit! Just bought a Switch and Splatoon 2 completely on a whim. I was holding out for reviews of Mario Odyssey and perhaps the bundle console but I'm weak. I haven't even looked at footage of Splatoon and have no idea if it's multiplayer only? Before someone says why not go for Zelda or Mario Kart I have both on Wii U already so had to go for something new. Quite excited. Off to watch and read a bit about Splatoon 2.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

Some fascinating stuff on the development of BotW here - translations from a recent NCL presentation:

Damn you I just posted that in the Zelda thread! Gah beaten to the punch.

• Empathy 1

4 minutes ago, amc said:

Shit! Just bought a Switch and Splatoon 2 completely on a whim. I was holding out for reviews of Mario Odyssey and perhaps the bundle console but I'm weak. I haven't even looked at footage of Splatoon and have no idea if it's multiplayer only? Before someone says why not go for Zelda or Mario Kart I have both on Wii U already so had to go for something new. Quite excited. Off to watch and read a bit about Splatoon 2.

No there is also a lovely single player game as well. However, the multiplayer is the main drawn and it's superb.

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2017 at 10:00, jimmbob said:

My youngest hobgoblin pulled the docked Switch over this morning. Bless. It only damaged the screen protector, so I suppose it's done its job.

IMG_9140.thumb.JPG.fc57bf554f47e55b4c95acac874fd73b.JPG

I like your shirt. Where is it from?

• Upvote 1

Picked up a grey Switch today with Zelda.  Have a 128GB microsd card coming tomorrow, along with a case and a glass screen protector.

I'm itching to play Zelda but I cant before the screen protector is on it!   LOL

It's eating me up inside :(

• Empathy 1

5 minutes ago, fasteasyfree said:

This question needs answering.

I couldn't answer it, so I got both. :P

At a push I'd say Golf Story is better. But you really can't go wrong with either.

I still need to pickup Thimbleweed Park and Stardew Valley too. Who needs AAA releases! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, revlob said:

I'm going to buy both eventually, but if you could only have Golf Story or Steamworld Dig 2, which would you get?

Golf Story. 

It’s brilliant and that’s from someone who  normally doesn’t  care for either RPGs or golf.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, revlob said:

I'm going to buy both eventually, but if you could only have Golf Story or Steamworld Dig 2, which would you get?

SteamWorld Dig 2

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Steamworld is great, I finished it just the other night, but its a one and done game.

How many attempts did the last level take you? Because I must be up to 40 now and still can't do it.