Nintendo Switch

I've just joined the switch love in club, ordered with Zelda, Mario kart and splatoon. Also ordered case, screen protector and pro controller. Did someone say the controller comes with a USB C cable or will I need one if I'm gonna charge it at work from a power bank? 

Am I missing anything else essential? 

1 hour ago, Coolcongo said:

Intresting if wireless usb headphones work now, wonder if my astro a50 will work 

I got mine working in two separate ways:

1. Standard cable from headphone jack to AUX on the Mixamp. Stereo sound, perfectly reasonable quality for when you just want wireless audio when docked.

2. I got an HDMI audio extractor off Amazon for about twelve quid. Dock HDMI goes into the extractor, out comes HDMI to the telly (or soundbar in my case), as well as optical to the Mixamp/Base Station (depending on model). I turned off the Dolby Surround setting and let the Switch do the work. Very happy with the results of this option.

I thought I had surround sound by selecting the same in the Switch output options then but realised during a cut scene in BotW that I was missing at least a vocal channel. It's odd because I didn't notice anything else missing and it sounded great otherwise. Anyway, I switched to Stereo and it sounds great but with nothing missing, so that's my suggestion. 

How quickly did you guys get into needing an SD card? I've only got MK8 and Golf Quest (or whatever it's called, I forget even though I only played it this morning) and I still have lots of space I think.

Wish there was a way to use Bluetooth phones portably, I don't like my wired ones and it's the only scenario where I actually want to use them.

20 minutes ago, milko said:

How quickly did you guys get into needing an SD card? I've only got MK8 and Golf Quest (or whatever it's called, I forget even though I only played it this morning) and I still have lots of space I think.

Wish there was a way to use Bluetooth phones portably, I don't like my wired ones and it's the only scenario where I actually want to use them.

I've not needed one yet, but the only digital games I have are Minecraft, Sonic, Snipperclips, and Golf Story. I've got buckets of screenshots and yet to use up half my internal storage.

2 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I bring joyous news, everyone! Rocket League on Switch is 60fps, so we can cancel the scheduled twenty or so pages we had set aside for discussing that and instead spend the time and energy doing literally anything else.

I'm going to go outside, see some nature. Maybe I'll buy an ice cream. I'm going to live, RLLMUK.

Make sure you bring your switch with you. You can do that, you know. ;)

I wonder how good crossplay will be for Rocket League on Switch. There'll be no analogue acceleration, or at least not a satisfying solution to it. I'd rather just play this version against other Switch players.

Presumably, Nintendo won't allow the endless trading pleas and scams that Xbox and PC players have to suffer in text chat either, which is nice.

4 minutes ago, DC LEMON said:

I wonder how good crossplay will be for Rocket League on Switch. There'll be no analogue acceleration, or at least not a satisfying solution to it. I'd rather just play this version against other Switch players.

Presumably, Nintendo won't allow the endless trading pleas and scams that Xbox and PC players have to suffer in text chat either, which is nice.

What does the right stick do? Could that be used for analog acceleration Gran Turismo one style?