rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Yeah it's been stitched together by someone, it's running on PC. I was getting strong Soma and Alien Isolation vibes which is what turned my head. Something a bit different on Switch.

Has anyone had any problems with the tempered glass screen protectors? I'm on my third of the Orzly ones and every time I apply bubbles appear immediately in the bottom left and right corners. 

My docked Switch was knocked off the unit where it sits the other day, sliding out of the dock and landing screen-first on the floor in the process. It was a fairly substantial albeit unintended test of those early scaremongering reports about how easy it is to scratch.

No screen protector, no scratches, not a single mark anywhere.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GoblinUK said:

Has anyone had any problems with the tempered glass screen protectors? I'm on my third of the Orzly ones and every time I apply bubbles appear immediately in the bottom left and right corners. 

That's normal. You can push the air bubbles out easily. I think there's an implement in the kit designed to do this.

20 minutes ago, Beezer said:

That's normal. You can push the air bubbles out easily. I think there's an implement in the kit designed to do this.

They immediately reappear though

Been playing Metal Slug, any idea why my high score won't upload to the global leaderboard after a run? (in the 1 credit high score run, of course) Do I need to just get further into the game? (I last until end of act 2 at the moment). Impressive if theres 1000 people better then me!

The 5min Caveran mode did upload, for notesake.

I was going to go digital only on the Switch but Mario Odyssey's pricing has made me change my mind. With the Amazon Prime £2 discount it's only £39.99 compared to £59.99 digital. I managed to get Zelda for £54.99 at Smyths but that was a few months after the Switch came out and physical copies were selling for £48 so I didn't mind paying a little extra to have it sat on the machine but a £20 price difference is too much for me to go digital for Mario.

• Upvote 1

I've pretty much 'finished' stardew valley on Steam but I'm going to have to double dip just for a bit of farming on the commute and that.

Actually, the version I have was on the high seas now I think about it, so he's definitely getting my money, even if I never actually play it. Which I obviously will, as it's fucking brilliant.

On 27/08/2017 at 13:51, GoblinUK said:

They immediately reappear though

Dont use the Switch for about 12-24 hours after applying it. The adhesive needs time to cure and if the Switch gets hot it messes with that. I pressed out the bubbles and put a fairly heavy book on top of my Switch and left it over night. Seemed to do the trick but you need to keep pressing the air out if it reappears. 

1 hour ago, MidWalian said:

Indie showcase incoming:

About time they did a new presentation! Last one was for Splatoon 2 back early last month.

Considering we're well on the way to TGS, there's probably another full Direct just around the corner.

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

I've pretty much 'finished' stardew valley on Steam but I'm going to have to double dip just for a bit of farming on the commute and that.

Actually, the version I have was on the high seas now I think about it, so he's definitely getting my money, even if I never actually play it. Which I obviously will, as it's fucking brilliant.

I got it on PC but stopped playing it as soon as I heard about a switch version. It'll be perfect in front of the tv etc, much like minecraft.

On 8/27/2017 at 14:01, NEG said:

Been playing Metal Slug, any idea why my high score won't upload to the global leaderboard after a run? (in the 1 credit high score run, of course) Do I need to just get further into the game? (I last until end of act 2 at the moment). Impressive if theres 1000 people better then me!

The 5min Caveran mode did upload, for notesake.

To answer my own question, I just hadn't scored high enough indeed. Now 250ish on the leaderboard.

Love how I get better and progress just a little bit more each time I play. Nearly killed the Act 2 boss this time. Nearly.

Have any neo geo side scrollers (ala streets of rage) been released? Any good?

27 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I might have to pickup Rayman Legends. It's just gorgeous in every regard, and I've never owned before, only Origins.

Do bear in mind that 60% of the content is still Origins, Legends isn't a whole lot of new content. Still fun, though.

6 minutes ago, NEG said:

Do bear in mind that 60% of the content is still Origins, Legends isn't a whole lot of new content. Still fun, though.

I didn't realise that, thought it was a sequel. Thanks for that. I'll probably still get it anyway. Roughly how much is new?

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I didn't realise that, thought it was a sequel. Thanks for that. I'll probably still get it anyway. Roughly how much is new?

I've forgotten exactly to be honest (hence the 60% old guess), and not all Origins levels are back (but most of them, also little adjustments like no more singing Lums), but it wasn't long before the Origins stuff unlocked. The best thing of Legends is the music levels. of which there are 4 or 5 (and 5 remixes of them). Definitely still great for those that loved Origins, but it was still disappointing to a degree.

It's also perfect for after Mania. The way Rayman controls is very fluid and can be played in a 'rush to the finish' sort of way. Just with collecting things along the way. Origins certainly was the best 2D Platformer any AAA publisher made in er...decades?

Edit: Legends also added the daily challenges. Fun while the interest lasts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Roughly how much is new?

From what I remember, and I 100%'d it, quite a bit. I certainly don't remember Origins stuff being too large a part of it - that stuff was mainly extra iirc.

• Upvote 1