rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Shut down? Have you set parental controls on yourself?!

Low battery.

[edit] I'm really clever and left that out of the original complaint. Yeah, the console needs to give you a bit more warning that it's about to turn off due to low battery.

3 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Low battery.

[edit] I'm really clever and left that out of the original complaint. Yeah, the console needs to give you a bit more warning that it's about to turn off due to low battery.

Ah. Only seen that once, but it still gave me 10 minutes at least.

34 minutes ago, deKay said:

Ah. Only seen that once, but it still gave me 10 minutes at least.

The recent FW update was for battery reporting issues so you may want to read up on it.

11 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

The recent FW update was for battery reporting issues so you may want to read up on it.

I haven't had any.

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

Shave.

I mean this is one game that totally disproves that isn't it? When it was leaked, people hated the idea. Hated the Mario+Rabbids mix. Thought it would be terrible. It's only after seeing it, that people have changed their minds. So it was clearly the game that people liked, not the fact that Mario is in it.

People took an interest only because it had Mario's face plastered on it to start with.  The idea is still horrible.

Strip back the Mushroom Kingdom covers and it looks like a particularly uninspired turn based bore feat, yet some are jizzing only because it has Mario in it. 

• Downvote 8

10 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Strip back the Mushroom Kingdom covers and it looks like a particularly uninspired turn based bore feat, yet some are jizzing only because it has Mario in it. 

I don't personally think anyone is doing that. If anything, you're giving it a hard time purely because it has Mario in it.

But hey, if you don't like the look of it fair enough. I think it looks bloody awesome.

• Upvote 5

Mario is probably my least favourite Nintendo character at this point and I'm still excited about it.

Fortunately I also like uninspired turn-based borefests so I'm golden.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

People took an interest only because it had Mario's face plastered on it to start with.  The idea is still horrible.

Agreed, far too many uninspired TBS games going for the quick cash grab these days. Sick of them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's probably fair to be excited about a character that is generally synonymous with quality.

It's not really his winning personality and cracking jokes that people like Mario for is it?

• Upvote 3

Due to the fact that I had tons of Game credit, every game I've bought so far has been from them; who is the best to order from for potential early delivery these days? Accepting PayPal would be a bonus. 

26 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

Due to the fact that I had tons of Game credit, every game I've bought so far has been from them; who is the best to order from for potential early delivery these days? Accepting PayPal would be a bonus. 

The Game Collection or SimplyGames would be your best bet.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-switch/

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Do you not like X-Com or similar? It seems like you're critcising the genre itself rather than the execution of it. It looks like a perfectly good execution of that style of game.

I expect it to be a fair bit easier than X-Com given the target audience for a Mario game but the abundance of personality will probably make up for it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Majora said:

Do you not like X-Com or similar? It seems like you're critcising the genre itself rather than the execution of it. It looks like a perfectly good execution of that style of game.

I expect it to be a fair bit easier than X-Com given the target audience for a Mario game but the abundance of personality will probably make up for it.

Also worth remembering that Ubisift made the excellent Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for 3DS. Now granted that game had Julian Gollop producing it, but hopefully the studio has used some of knowledge it acquired during that period, making Mario Vs Rabbids. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Also worth remembering that Ubisift made the excellent Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for 3DS. Now granted that game had Julian Gollop producing it, but hopefully the studio has used some of knowledge it acquired during that period, making Mario Vs Rabbids. 

Speaking of ubisoft, don't know if anyone's heard but they said in an interview how they had tested the snowdrop engine with the switch and that it worked extremely well. There words were along the lines of 'they had no worries about development on the switch' and they specifically mentioned that they used this engine on the south park game. I wouldn't expect the new one to be on the switch at all but maybe the first game could come to the switch at some point with the view to push the second later on?

Who knows ^_^

Anyway's a lot of the games coming out on the switch at the moment I don't even realise are due until the day they are out, where do people go to see what's due to come out? I have a bit of cash on my account but fearful of spending it and then seeing something that I really want come out like days later ^_^

• Upvote 1