rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Has anyone bought the Lamicall stand for their Switch? It's about twice the price of the Hori stand, but it looks really sturdy from the pictures. 

9 hours ago, rgraves said:

Anyone tried that Flip Wars game released yesterday? Thoughts?

I bought it yesterday and had a quick go.

It's good fun. A bit bare bones and it is a bit slow to get an online game but I'm enjoying it. 

• Upvote 1

What would people recommend I check out after Zelda is done? I'm after something fairly meaty in a single player sense, really. 

I'm tempted by Shovel Knight, which I am yet to play in any incarnation. Looks like a good new time sink, if not quite as long lasting as Zelda... 

Any other recommendations? I'm half tempted to get Shantae or that Mighty Gunvolt. Decisions! 

I'd like Mario Kart (not really for single player, mind) but I can't stretch to buying that just yet.  Might ask for it for my birthday..!   I am 38. 

This is living. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dood said:

What would people recommend I check out after Zelda is done? I'm after something fairly meaty in a single player sense, really. 

I'm tempted by Shovel Knight, which I am yet to play in any incarnation. Looks like a good new time sink, if not quite as long lasting as Zelda... 

Any other recommendations? I'm half tempted to get Shantae or that Mighty Gunvolt. Decisions! 

I'd like Mario Kart (not really for single player, mind) but I can't stretch to buying that just yet.  Might ask for it for my birthday..!   I am 38. 

This is living. 

GET GUNVOLT.

30 minutes ago, dood said:

This is living. 

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is truly brilliant, enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. I kind of wish I'd have just bought the whole pack, but for £8.99 it's a very good 5-10 hours of fun.

As for 'meaty' single player, the only game I've played anywhere near as much as Zelda is Minecraft, which I've owned on my platforms, but the Switch release is the one that finally sunk its teeth into me.

@dood Shantae is great, but you can 100% your Normal play through in 4-6 hours, so it's not a 'meaty' game. 

Shovel Knight is incredibly good and I actually prefer it over Shantae as there's less back tracking. It is bastard hard at times, though you can always figure out where you went wrong in the section.

Mario Kart is the best Mario Kart ever. 

Splatoon will be the tits. 

Buy Garou: Mark of the Wolves. 

43 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Disgaea!

Ah nuts I didn't even realise there was one! That could be dangerous. Lol. 

58 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is truly brilliant, enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. I kind of wish I'd have just bought the whole pack, but for £8.99 it's a very good 5-10 hours of fun.

As for 'meaty' single player, the only game I've played anywhere near as much as Zelda is Minecraft, which I've owned on my platforms, but the Switch release is the one that finally sunk its teeth into me.

I was eyeing up the whole thing if I go for Shovel Knight. 

And I dunno about minecraft, I feel it's a bit clunky when building and the survival mode doest have enough survival. I played it a bunch like 6 years ago when it was beta and exciting. It's been fun revisiting with my sons via Android  tablets, seeing the new stuff is cool. But when I settle to try and build stuff I just do a great big sigh. Can't be arsed! 

If something like Planet Coaster (or Cities Skylines, actually) came to switch though... 

Since entering the wonderful world of Switch ownership I've spent a scary amount of time playing Puyo Puyo Tetris (yes I know but it is really good honest).  Trying to 3 star the story mode is pretty engrossing.

• Upvote 3

I held off playing Shovel Knight for a while but got the whole Treasure Trove package on Switch as it seemed like such a perfect fit for the console.

It's great. Get that. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Since entering the wonderful world of Switch ownership I've spent a scary amount of time playing Puyo Puyo Tetris (yes I know but it is really good honest).  Trying to 3 star the story mode is pretty engrossing.

Nobody cares. All anyone wants to know about is how much you paid for a puzzle game.

• Upvote 2

Really surprised more publishers aren't porting meaty single player games on the switch. I'm desperate for something after Zelda that I can take anywhere.

i think id buy most multi-format stuff on the Switch over and above the bone and ps4 - just because the added portability factor makes those kind of games much easier to play.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rubberducker said:

Really surprised more publishers aren't porting meaty single player games on the switch. I'm desperate for something after Zelda that I can take anywhere.

If those publishers have been convinced by the success of the Switch at release and immediately began porting stuff right then, you would start seeing those games appear a year from now at the earliest. If it's a bare bones, rushed port - if not, more like two years from now

I hope we get some nice ports. A Dark Souls and MGS V would be nice, COD 4 remastered too. 

Need a little advice please

My son is interested in Splatoon 2 and I would rather keep his game completely separate from mine so we can play through independently (and keep my login as inverted controls!)

What's the best way to achieve this? I've already set up a profile on the Switch and that works well for his own playthrough of Zelda but he won't be able to play the Splatfest next week as it requires a NNID and I can't use mine for that too.

I've tried setting a child account under my login on the Nintendo website but I have no idea how to log into this on the Switch under his current profile to allow online play for him.

Will the Switch let me have 2 different NNIDs and still share the same

games already purchased?

Thanks

I'm certain that it can be done because I'm sure that I linked the child account I set up for my son to the Switch to play ARMS. I'll try to have a look later and see if I can figure out what I did (or realise that I just imagined completing the process...) 

• Upvote 1

I've linked a child account on the switch so you just follow the guide on the website on how to do it!

Once done they are totally separate so my youngest has her own saves etc on all the games.

• Upvote 1

Sorted now thanks guys

I was trying to use my email address as his NNID log in whereas the username I created under his child account was sufficient!

Edit: for anyone else thinking of setting a child account up there's an app so you can monitor usuage and set amount of time they can play for 
https://appsto.re/gb/NGX7gb.i

• Upvote 1

I finally bought Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - for PS4. I've given up waiting for a d-pad joycon now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo simply expects everyone to make do with the analogue stick for 2D games for the entirety of the Switch's lifetime, or thinks the Pro pad is an acceptable solution.

13 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I finally bought Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - for PS4. I've given up waiting for a d-pad joycon now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo simply expects everyone to make do with the analogue stick for 2D games for the entirety of the Switch's lifetime, or thinks the Pro pad is an acceptable solution.

Uhh ohhh...

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Shit, did they announce one?

Nah just fucking with you but there is the magnificent 8bitdo pads that work with Switch so you can play it on a Snes pad :omg:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nah just fucking with you but there is the magnificent 8bitdo pads that work with Switch so you can play it on a Snes pad :omg:

As I've been doing today! It's a really lovely pad and while I wasn't bothered by playing Shovel Knight with a stick it plays very well with a SNES pad. 

I think Street Fighter is now a viable purchase. Once it hits £20. 

But I'm talking about playing it as a handheld, which is the thing I love most about the Switch. If I'm having to play Shovel Knight Switch on a TV, I might as well get it on PS4, right? Which I've done. For less money. With a Vita and PS3 version thrown in for free.

Loving the game anyway. Should have grabbed it ages ago.

I play it handheld fish with the pad but can see your point - I can't use the Vita after the Switch, it was always a horrifically compromised machine due to the awful controls but after the Switch it is even worse :(

Cracking game, too many games to play at the moment but I need to go back to it!

I picked up one of these for travelling. 

download.jpg.ebeeaf3631f5b3186bda59e473784371.jpg

They do a mobile charging and tablet charging version. I bought the tablet version, which is not cheap at £20. 

But, its folding design means that it fits easily into my Switch carry case, and the fact that it is built for charging tablets means that my Switch can be charged fully in around 2 and a half hours. For comparison, my standard mobile plug charges my Switch in around 8 hours. 

• Upvote 2