rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

15 minutes ago, spork said:

Ok and generic are the main things i have read about Setsuna. Maybe one too wait for a sale.

Yeah. I should have given it a few months before picking it up. Launch day fever. :(

52 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

While we're recommending chargers, can anybody recommend a quick USB-C cable? 

Don't they all have the same "speed" ?

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Yeah, it's pretty blurry in handheld mode.

It's using a fairly aggressive AA solution and is likely a bit less than 720p in undocked mode. Still looks bloody great in handheld or docked. It's a full fat unreal 4 game, very impressive for a handheld. Also that music....my god that music. I'm enjoying it. Well worth 16 quid.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

While we're recommending chargers, can anybody recommend a quick USB-C cable? 

Have an official adapter for sale brand new if you're interested

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

I would strongly advise a purchase. If you can stretch to it I'd also recommend the Pro pad as it's godly.

Oh, I am *definitely* getting one, it's just a question of when :)

5 hours ago, Xevious said:

Make sure you buy a USB-C cable to go with the powerbank!

Came today :)

5 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Or a pro controller, I bought said lead and got another with the Pro!

Definitely getting one :) Much rather use that than have the Joy-Cons connected to that grip thing.

3 hours ago, psycho_fox said:

Got mine (from Argos) yesterday and the issue is still there for me :(

Ah. This is one thing putting me off buying one from current stock.

4 hours ago, sir shrew said:

But obviously modern tech costs Nintendo a lot more to implement and sell than other games companies. 

You're right, other companies games all run flawlessly at launch and never experience any issues, especially those other hybrid handheld consoles.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Paulando said:

Turns out the 13GB install listed on the Lego City box is a misprint, and isn't needed at all!

Hell of a misprint!

I hope the work experience proofreader was "spoken to".

Warner Bros have given further clarification Lego City Undercover. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-fans-have-noticed-something-odd-about-lego-city-undercover-on-switch

The information is listed incorrectly on the packaging of Lego City Undercover for Nintendo Switch. Players who purchase a physical copy of LEGO City Undercover on Nintendo Switch at retail are getting the complete game, and do not need to download additional content to enjoy the full experience.

An internet connection is not required to play the game. The only internet connection suggested is to download the typical content update patch.

It seems that a standard iPhone plug head can't deliver the necessary juice to charge the Switch while playing at the same time, does anyone have experience of the sort that do? I'm thinking of testing the older, fatter iPhone plug, myself. 

An iPhone charge won't have enough juice.  There have been numerous suggestions on chargers in this thread, some even earlier today.

Yeah, you need something that provides 15V at 3A. 5V at 1A (which an iPhone charger is, I think) will charge it, slowly, but not while you play it.

6 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah. I should have given it a few months before picking it up. Launch day fever. :(

Gotta agree I've been playing today as I'm close to finishing zelda and its a bit Meh so far is setsuna. Story and battle is nothing new so far. 

2 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

An iPhone charge won't have enough juice.  There have been numerous suggestions on chargers in this thread, some even earlier today.

I'm not looking for a charging bank, like the Anker, just a U.K. mains adapter. Just spotted the input markings on the back of the Switch, that should be a good guide!

10 minutes ago, deKay said:

Zelda is a bit meh.

Oh my.

I think you have misread him...

Little video I did on Lego City Undercover. It all does sound a bit strange what's been going on with it!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

I think you have misread him...

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

Gotta agree I've been playing today as I'm close to finishing zelda and its a bit Meh so far is setsuna. Story and battle is nothing new so far. 

Read it again I will.

• Upvote 2

I Am Setsuna is OK if you want something else to play. It's not bad, just fairly bland. I bought it in the PSN sale for £21.99 last year, and bought it again on Switch for £29.99 because I wanted something else to play.

So I've spent more on that than any game in the last 10 years. Which is kind of depressing.

• Upvote 3

I think the Switch may well be THE console to finally convert me to Digital Distribution. 

I'm a massive advocate for Physical media and love nothing more than having a nice selection of game case to display.. however going primarily digital on the Switch just feels so right given the portable nature of the thing, alongside the bitesized gaming nature of most of the titles.

Besides I can't really see me ever removing my Zelda cart, so getting everything else from now on digitally makes perfect sense. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, sid said:

Can't resell it though :(

True.. but I'm a massive hoarder and very rarely sell or trade games anyway. Its more the not having anything physical/visible to show for the money that I struggle with (alongside the inflated digital costs).

• Upvote 1

I will be swapping to a long commute in a few months so looking to pick one up, I have a few questions.

When do you think the hardware will get its first price drop?

Will secondhand games be a thing? 

Are downloaded games any cheaper?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I will be swapping to a long commute in a few months so looking to pick one up, I have a few questions.

When do you think the hardware will get its first price drop?

Will secondhand games be a thing? 

Thanks

No has a clue and won't even be able to guess. How many price drops did the Wii have, the Wii U (next to none)? It all depends on market share at the moment its selling like crazy so I wouldn't expect them to drop it this year, maybe a small discount if lucky next Xmas. But it's Nintendo so its all guesswork.

Secondhand games are already a thing? Go to a shop and see?

• Upvote 2