rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I thought my right stick was bust when using the scope thing in Zelda as it was jumping around all over the shop. Every time I went to place a market the target would move up and miss what I wanted to mark. Then I realised it has gyro controls and felt rather silly. :lol:

• Upvote 3

Well first impressions are great! The hardware is lovely and it was super easy to set up. I really hope this does well. Now time to play some games! Zelda in the cart slot, Fast RMX bought and Snipperclips demo downloaded. 1 2 Switch is yet to have the wrapping taken off it...

32 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

Latest hardware scandal on GAF. Repeated use of the dock will scratch the plastic screen.

Everybody buy a screen protector if you'll be regularly docking the Switch.

closeup-1fedcf66-5748-48df-b28d-39469fae

I hope this is not a thing :( I don't want to have to put a screen protector on the lovely screen. 

1 minute ago, Napole0n said:

Who are you, my wife? :D

Hey, it's Switchmas! Everybody is allowed to go a little nuts. 

Mine froze. We played the Snipper Clips demo (it looks better on Youtube). When we tried to go to the main menu, the controls were knackered, I selected Zelda eventually and working out that the little joy cons were forcing me to hold the controller sideways, pressed select on Zelda. FREEZE. If this happens, hold the power button down for 12 seconds or more (that's from Nintendo). How do you turn this console off anyway? 

Zelda though. Holy moly. I almost cried at the big opening part. It's amazing what you can do - it's completely sandbox. I am stuck though at the 

pin the shrines part, I've pinned one but he keeps saying "do you want a reminder?"

41 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

Latest hardware scandal on GAF. Repeated use of the dock will scratch the plastic screen.

Everybody buy a screen protector if you'll be regularly docking the Switch.

closeup-1fedcf66-5748-48df-b28d-39469fae

Docking is a scary business. There will be many more instances of this with kids. You have to take great care, and even then it's almost certain that your screen is going to be sliding against hard plastic on occasion.

Has anyone successfully managed to transfer their Mii from their Wii U to their Switch?

I've followed an IGN guide but when I tap the Amiibo on the right JoyCon it just says that the Mii contains no information or something to that effect.

5 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Has anyone successfully managed to transfer their Mii from their Wii U to their Switch?

I've followed an IGN guide but when I tap the Amiibo on the right JoyCon it just says that the Mii contains no information or something to that effect.

yes worked fine for me.

After almost two full days of using the Pro controller I can heartily recommend it. Might be better than my previous gold standard, the Bone pad. Fills the hands just a little bit more.

As for docking, I'm really surprised there's no hard foam on the inside. I put a screen protector on mine (it came with the case), and I'd be very ginger about that process every single time otherwise.

17 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I hope this is not a thing :( I don't want to have to put a screen protector on the lovely screen. 

Is the inside of the dock not lined with felt or something? If not that's a very strange manufacturing choice. It's so obviously a place where glass on plastic is going to be in contact and scraped..

9 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Is the inside of the dock not lined with felt or something? 

Nope, same plastic as the outside of the dock. Contact is inevitable down the sides of the screen border.

Are there any tempered glass screen protectors yet? They are usually best on phones/tablets, with the look and feel of the device's own screen.

4 hours ago, RaoulSilva said:

Because DPD man is still 2 hours away and I have nothing better to do, I've made a quick list of all friend codes posted in this thread from midnight last nigh onwards to save searching for them all. Quote and add yours and I'll try and tidy up the list at some point, probably tomorrow as I'm off out tonight so tomorrow will be my switchmas day. Apologies if I've missed anyone.

SW-8378-7917-4189 - Luseth
SW-0363-7688-0895 - U-1
SW-7898-7859-116  - chamberlago missing a digit @chamberlago
3091-7723-0919 - Sprite (Sue or SuboJvR)
3232-7594-2619 - Eighthours
4044-4583-0432 - Majora
6497 6656 5779 - spe@rmint
SW-6727-6775-0489 - VN1X
SW-5390-2331-7829 - Cappuccino Kid
SW-7076-6555-3412 - spork
SW-5714-7942-3402 - Yiggy
SW-4946-9945-4282 - Darren
SW-2829-9023-4312 - Phil (wonderfalls)
SW- 4786-4567-2001 - MidWalian 
SW-6680-6180-0924 - Elseb
SW-3349-4070-2723 - Indy @ S.E.
SW-7937-8039-1685 - the_debaser

Mine is;

SW-0287-9773-6207

45 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I used me ol mucker Gannon and it worked.

Initial impressions are great, its tiny and appears really well made and its super fast - makes the Xbone and PS4 seem like that old Pentium 2 computer you have knocking around as its so fast!

Obv gtx are not PS4 quality and there is plenty of frame rate drops in zelda but my word when you play it in handheld mod its mind blowing!

Pro pad is essential if you ask me, cracking pad even is silly expensive.

well fuck, one dead pixel on mine. Thankfully the pixels are tiny and it's right where the mini map in Zelda is. Admittedly I'll never be using it as a handheld so I'll never see it. But that little fucker will haunt my dreams.

I'll still be getting a screen protector though. First the 3DS scratching screens and now this. Like some have said, nuts not to have it lined with something soft.

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Question to @Napole0n and all other Dutchlanders: Where does one get one of those sleek tempered glass thingies and where is the best (cheap) place to get a 64/128gb SD card?

I don't use screen protectors because I'm a real man.

SD cards are a commodity, almost impossible to find expensive ones. Try Kruidvat for ridiculous low prices.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Napole0n said:

I don't use screen protectors because I'm a real man.

SD cards are a commodity, almost impossible to find expensive ones. Try Kruidvat for ridiculous low prices.

B... but... what about #scratchgate? 

My MBP (2010 so ancient) charges it in the dash with the Anker USB A - C lead I bought - don't think it can charge as quick as its drained when running a game!