rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Just now, simms said:

Bit off topic but I want to get some cheap but good quality in-ear headphones for my Switch. Over the ear headphones are uncomfortable with my glasses.  Any recommendations?

I just have some £20 Sony ones from Tesco.

6 minutes ago, simms said:

Bit off topic but I want to get some cheap but good quality in-ear headphones for my Switch. Over the ear headphones are uncomfortable with my glasses.  Any recommendations?

I bought a pair of Boom earphones recently - cheap as chips (£25), but decent and their customer service/experience is awesome. They get a thumbs up from me.

http://amzn.eu/f90Lmyz or http://amzn.eu/ggNnelT

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Officially, "A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic."

That's a nuts level of detail.

thats the stuff they sell to paint your nails with to stop nailbiters as well I think.

Just now, DumbMagician said:

Picking mine up in 9 hours people. Haven't done a day one console since the original fat bastard Xbox. I don't need extra joycons to play snipperclips with the wife do I?

Unless you have multiple wives, no.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DumbMagician said:

Picking mine up in 9 hours people. Haven't done a day one console since the original fat bastard Xbox. I don't need extra joycons to play snipperclips with the wife do I?

No, you get two in the box, that's all you'll need.

EDIT: Dammit revlob, that's a much better reply than mine. A pox on you.

• Upvote 3

Another Question if I may.  My last Nintendo console was a Wii which I has not see the light of day in years.  I made a few e-shop purchases on it, so I'm assuming I have a Nintendo account but it maybe tied to an unused and no longer accessible email address.  I would like to link my Switch to that account but Nintendo has not got a good track record for online accounts.  Will I have to take my Wii out to transfer the account or other such nonsense.

For Smyths preorders we should be getting notification from them after 8pm, thats when all the stores close. I'm hoping they also open the click and collect in store option so I can order a few bits I've not preordered.

If not I'll be on the hunt tomorrow morning around London for Bomberman and Joycon stock.

53 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Create a My Nintendo account and link that NNID to it?

https://my.nintendo.com/

Website won't send confirmation e-mail with verification code for a new account, can't login with NNID account as 'the e-mail address is already in use'.

Good old Nintendo.

My dock is going on the table next to my sofa, just finished clipping a 5 metre hdmi cable in place which runs discretely under the window sill to the back of the tv. :D

• Upvote 1

Friend codes return!

More info at Eurogamer.

However, a list of friend suggestions lists people with Nintendo Accounts who also have Switch and who you have connected to on Miitomo or Super Mario Run.

There is no option to add friends using your linked Facebook or Twitter accounts.

17038683_10154206632821759_6406227242120

• Upvote 1

Friend Codes is only an option - it's not the only way to become friends. In the gameexplain vid posted in the other this thread, he had a friend on his Switch already but no idea on Friend Codes - so they obviously hadn't exchanged the number to make that happen.

Hopefully there is a search just like on Wii U....can't see one though.....they cocked up if so :lol:

It was going so well...

1 minute ago, MidWalian said:

Then why have unique user IDs?

Do we know they are actually unique - has anyone NOT been able to get what they asked for as an ID and been told it was already taken?

So the reason for the carts tasting bad (cannot believe I'm typing this) is not just that your licking metal but that nintendo added a chemical agent so that they would taste terrible so people wouldn't swallow them. Clever thinking from Nintendo that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Do we know they are actually unique - has anyone NOT been able to get what they asked for as an ID and been told it was already taken?

Yeah, I couldn't get the one I wanted and had to settle for the ID I wanted with '64' on the end.

So, a bit more info on the friend codes. You don't have to exchange them the way you did before (thank bloody god) - just one person having it is enough (the other person gets the invite to except or reject). So, in that respect, they work the same - you can stick your code in your sig and anyone that wants can add you, you don't need to have their code as well. Bit like a telephone number I guess.

Not great by any stretch, but swapping randomname101 or randomnumbers102 is not all that different really.

2 minutes ago, polygon_monkey said:

Yeah, I couldn't get the one I wanted and had to settle for the ID I wanted with '64' on the end.

That's really odd then! Bonkers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, rgraves said:

Not great by any stretch, but swapping randomname101 or randomnumbers102 is not all that different really.

Easier to remember an actual name though.

"What's your Xbox Gamertag? I'll add you." "Oh it's Chin VPL"

"What's your Nintendo Switch Friend Code? I'll add you." "How the fuck am I supposed to remember that?!"

They must allow adding by username.

friend codes????

hahahahahahahahahah oh god hahahahahah oh Nintendo... never ever change, please never change. Your insanity is as great as your superb games and hardware :D

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1