Jump to content
IGNORED

Nintendo Switch


deKay
 Share

Recommended Posts

If anyone wants a good laugh, here's the reaction to the reveal from a couple of ranting youtubers who have spent the past year obsessively questioning each of Emily Roger's leaks, denying her credibility and presenting elaborate theories as to why the NX couldn't be a hybrid with detachable controllers, or powered by NVIDIA, or releasing in March 2017:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, siread said:

So are people assuming this is replacing the 3DS? Can't see it myself. Pretty sure they will continue to make a pocket sized handheld. 

 

It seems clear from the ad that its primary use is as a handheld

 

Nintendo have had issues with spreading their internal teams between two machines so it seems pretty certain this will be the 3DS and the WiiU's replacement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, siread said:

So are people assuming this is replacing the 3DS? Can't see it myself. Pretty sure they will continue to make a pocket sized handheld. 

 

I think you are right! Hopefully Nintendo will focus on a compact handheld like the DS lite, we have not had a proper pocket sized handheld since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

If anyone wants a good laugh, here's the reaction to the reveal from a couple of ranting youtubers who have spent the past year obsessively questioning each of Emily Roger's leaks, denying her credibility and presenting elaborate theories as to why the NX couldn't be a hybrid with detachable controllers, or powered by NVIDIA, or releasing in March 2017:

 

 

 

For those of us who'd rather not give them the hits, a synopsis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, siread said:

So are people assuming this is replacing the 3DS? Can't see it myself. Pretty sure they will continue to make a pocket sized handheld. 

Sales of the 3DS XL crush those of the small 3DS, so it seems like the audience wanting a pocket-sized console are in the minority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wiper said:

 

For those of us who'd rather not give them the hits, a synopsis?

 

Long awkward silence from one of them (SuperMetalDave) as bit by bit he realises that he was wrong about everything; awkward laughter, and a hint of contrition, from the other.

 

Eventually they agree that Nintendo lied (about what I don't know), and that the console will be a disaster. One of them is proud that he correctly predicted the console would have a standard controller (referring to the pro controller).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, siread said:

So are people assuming this is replacing the 3DS? Can't see it myself. Pretty sure they will continue to make a pocket sized handheld. 

That's the whole point of it, to focus development on one platform instead of two 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Halo said:

Sales of the 3DS XL crush those of the small 3DS, so it seems like the audience wanting a pocket-sized console are in the minority.

But £300+ for your handheld gaming needs? Won't someone think of the children?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, siread said:

But £300+ for your handheld gaming needs? Won't someone think of the children?!

We don't know the price, and people don't seem to have a problem buying their kids iPads at £200+ a pop.

 

Edit: And, to be clear, Nintendo should not be comparing themselves with Apple, but there probably would be a reasonable price comparison in a toys-given-to-kids context.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Gregory Wolfe said:

 

 

Off topic but I've paid no attention to the new Wolverine movie until this trailer. Are they taking bits of Old Man Logan and making an X-23 origin story out of it? Because that looked super bad ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.