IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

12 minutes ago, ulala said:

Why should i pay for a screen and all the tech, then i "want to leave it docked"?

its stupid.

It's a good idea, play game x, decide to leave location of console, take hand held with you and carry on , what's not to like?

I think I've got the jist of this. 

Hardware looks interesting. At least its not a touchscreen (or is it?)

Seems like a Wii-U in new clothing

Cartridges. Good luck with the patches

No online by the looks of it 

Zelda has been cancelled for the Wii-U and is only going to be on this. Or the Wii-U version is going to be in Black and White in 480p in 4:3 mode (they have done this shit before!)

Games usual boring as fuck-by-numbers stuff

Peripheral to fuck. I bet you can't even use a standard USB cable to do anything with it

Ditto TV cables. HDMI, fuck off

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

It took real courage to build this thing. That's why I love Nintendo. 

Exactly. In this era when consoles and PC's are pretty much interchangeable this is something nicely different. It's not a massive revolution but more an evolution of the basic wiiu idea. That's not a bad thing though. Better than WiiU power on the go? Thank you!

13 minutes ago, U-1 said:

I'm in!

Strange that people are criticising it for offering a choice of ways to play. Don't want it to be portable just leave it docked.

I'm just pleased it offers me the option to do something the WiiU never did, I will now be able to use it in "tablet" mode in the bedroom without it losing signal when you move more than 5ft away from the baseunit.

As much as I'm intrigued by it and I think the hardware looks pretty good, I'm just not interested in handheld at all. That means I'm paying for all the extra stuff that will never be used.

I wonder how many people really want a handheld these days. By forcing it into the design, anybody who's not interested in that functionality won't be wanting to pay for it.

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

As much as I'm intrigued by it and I think the hardware looks pretty good, I'm just not interested in handheld at all. That means I'm paying for all the extra stuff that will never be used.

I wonder how many people really want a handheld these days. By forcing it into the design, anybody who's not interested in that functionality won't be wanting to pay for it.

I get the cost concerns but did anyone seriously think this wouldn't have some form of handheld option? Its Nintendo for christ sake.

12 minutes ago, englishbob said:

3DS games have patches and Splatoon is online.

8 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Hardware looks interesting. At least its not a touchscreen (or is it?)

Seems like a Wii-U in new clothing

Zelda has been cancelled for the Wii-U and is only going to be on this. Or the Wii-U version is going to be in Black and White in 480p in 4:3 mode (they have done this shit before!)

Games usual boring as fuck-by-numbers stuff

Peripheral to fuck. I bet you can't even use a standard USB cable to do anything with it

Ditto TV cables. HDMI, fuck off

Nintendo don't like doing patches for games. Unlike a lot of devs they actually like releasing a game that works properly on day one. There are usb sockets on the side of the dock box. It is a touch screen. Zelda hasn't been cancelled for wiiu either.