Nintendo Switch

deKay

41 minutes ago, chris on the moon said:

They're going to announce the switch pro and they're remaking and remastering all the zelda games for it on one cart that costs £15 and if you complete all of them Link jumps out the screen and sucks your dick also metroid is there

Why would Metroid be there? If you’d said Samus I might’ve believed you.

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Thought this was supposed to be happening today ?!?! Or did I dream that up in my head???

The rumour is that it'll be the week of September 12th. 

Believe it or not- this is actually getting a home release on Switch after over a quarter of a century spent in arcade obscurity!!

2f8ab7b5-fa79-4a3f-82bc-86606ab36356.jpg

Osman is a side-scrolling action platforming game produced by Mitchell Corp. that was released as a coin-operated arcade game in 1996. Many ex-Capcom staff including Kouichi Yotsui (credited as Isuke), worked on the original arcade version of Strider and designed Osman as an unofficial sequel to Strider. Yotsui directed both titles.

In contrast to Strider's futuristic Kazakh-Soviet setting, Osman is set in a neon-lit cyberpunk Middle-Eastern setting, while Strider Hiryu is replaced by a Middle Eastern protagonist named Kirin who fights without any weapons.

1UP.com included the game in its "Games to Play Before You Die" list. The game's bizarre plot supposedly mocks director Kouichi Yotsui's experience at Capcom after Strider.

Osman, arcade action platformer from 1996, returning on Switch.

Osman – known as Cannon-Dancer in Japan – is a side-scrolling action platformer made by Mitchell Corporation and was worked on by former members of Capcom. After debuting in arcades, that’s where the game has stayed since.

ININ Games should be making an official announcement about the Switch version of Osman soon. Meanwhile, those attending TGS next month will be able to go hands-on with the title.

8 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Absolute billy bollocks.

You’ve got Fatal Frame, Front Mission and Ff7 Crisis Core in there.

That’s what I meant about Switch being your only console. Fatal Frame and Crisis Core are multi platform.

I thought front mission remake was too but I think that’s exclusive. 

Yeah but even if Switch isn’t your only means of playing those games I can still understand why they’re perhaps more attractive to a lot of people seeking portability etc. 

Not Resident Evil though, even if it’s your only option, wait until Switch 2 for them. 

I always hoped we would see a native Switch version of RE7, given Capcom’s prowess and their scalable RE Engine (see MH Rise) but I guess it was a compromise too far, that or they just couldn’t be arsed. 

I'll pick Switch to play ANYTHING on over an actual console.

It is far too convenient to just flop on the sofa / bed / on the toilet and play, rather than have to put on the telly and a console, then to be tethered to the spot.

The Series X sits in the house, unloved and underused, whereas the Switch saw many many hours smashed into it for XC3 last month, think I played that 85%+ in handheld mode, Crisis Core will be playede through on Switch, that OLED's going to look lush, couldn't be arsed with it on PSP, but on the original Vita, it looked good and finally got finished :)

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah but even if Switch isn’t your only means of playing those games I can still understand why they’re perhaps more attractive to a lot of people seeking portability etc. 

On a slightly more serious note, I’m less inclined to agree with this now (versus last generation) in that the tradeoff in performance in playing a heavily compromised switch conversation vs playing portable is rarely worth it these days.

That said, it’s not a huge concern because the Switch has Nintendo exclusives and that’s more than enough reason to own one.