IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

11 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Did the original controller have the thicker top than the bottom so it sits at a slant? Could be my memory cheating me but I thought the original had a uniform thickness.

11 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

The original was commensurately slanted. 

11 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Well I never. The memory cheats me then, but thanks for putting my mind at rest

Seconded - just checked.  Also, from what I can tell, the original, the Super NES Mini and the Super NES Switch controllers all feel exactly the same.

15 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Seconded - just checked.  Also, from what I can tell, the original, the Super NES Mini and the Super NES Switch controllers all feel exactly the same.

It feels perfect, but its been so long since I've had a SNES I couldn't quite remember. My original SNES was stolen when I got burgled in 1994. I made the epic decision of replacing it with the insurance money with a 3DO. What a chimp.

1 hour ago, Smoothy said:

3DOLOL.  At least you got a near-perfect version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo I suppose.

Bah, no parallax scrolling on the thing as far as I remember!

More than a year after I originally ordered, some limited edition company has finally sent me the triple pack of Neo Cab, Paradise Killer and Eternal Radiance.

They've actually sent me two copies of Neo Cab.

It's been so long since I ordered that I've lost interest in playing them.  Oh well, back to Kirby.

On 22/03/2022 at 18:21, Sarlaccfood said:

Looks like the dinky shoulder buttons on my joycons don’t work anymore so I’m in the market for a new controller. 

What’s the verdict on the 8bitdo ones? Mainly looking at the pro, but open to others!

They’re excellent - I don’t own the SN30 Pro (the one with the prongs, I believe?), but I own the equivalent without prongs and the Sega tribute pad (like a Saturn pad had a subtle, modern redesign) and they’re both excellent quality, cannot recommend them highly enough - and I’ve read reviews of the Pro that say it’s a worthy alternative to the official Pro controller. 

The only thing they don’t do - and this is true of any pad that’s not official - is wake the system from sleep. It’s a pain in the ass, but a reasonable compromise. 

I loved it on the N64 and even got all of the birdie badges. The lag on tbr WiiU made it unplayable so if they’ve sorted that out in this release I’ll might upgrade my Switch Online to play it.

11 hours ago, deKay said:

Bioshock Collection (digital) is only £10.99 at CDKeys at the moment

Must resist, spending a fortune on switch atm 😆  

Amazon had a few quid knocked off the Oled model, so I decided to upgrade from my Switch Lite. What a difference! Although I’ve lost the d-pad, the much bigger and more vibrant screen and rumble joycons make up for it. Plus TATE mode is useable 😍

38 minutes ago, PikaStu said:

Amazon had a few quid knocked off the Oled model, so I decided to upgrade from my Switch Lite. What a difference! Although I’ve lost the d-pad, the much bigger and more vibrant screen and rumble joycons make up for it. Plus TATE mode is useable 😍

If you miss the D-pad and are OK with taking things apart ,then there are plenty of nice Joy-Con shells available that have a D-pad. I fitted a set to mine ages ago and the D-pad is one of the best I've used! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eXtremeRate-Handheld-Controller-Colorful-Replacement-SFC-SNES-Classic-EU-Style/dp/B08V4SCFDS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=27IY36OQ8VF6T&keywords=joycon%2Bdpad&qid=1649684821&sprefix=joycon%2Bd%2Bpad%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-6&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=joycon+d-pad+shell&crid=1KT39Y5OS2FKJ&sprefix=joycon+d-pad+shell%2Caps%2C50&ref=nb_sb_noss

Failing that Nintendo do a licensed version, but for some reason it doesn't have motion controls and is also powered by the switch:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Nintendo-Licensed-Version-Switch/dp/B07FSWM4Z2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27IY36OQ8VF6T&keywords=joycon+dpad&qid=1649684821&sprefix=joycon+d+pad%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-1

:)