IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

15 hours ago, Mallet said:

Has there been any more news about the rumoured Switch versions of Wind Waker  and Twilight Princess?

Yes:

Spoiler

rumourklaxon.gif.69a424da970cbc12b64fc44c2f165285.gif

If I buy the basic Switch Online package, do I get the NES/SNES games? Or do I need to pony up the larger fee?

I have a hankering to play Punch-Out...

18 minutes ago, JoeK said:

If I buy the basic Switch Online package, do I get the NES/SNES games? Or do I need to pony up the larger fee?

I have a hankering to play Punch-Out...

Basic Nintendo Online includes NES & SNES.

I have two switches. One original (main) and an OLED. Playing Splatoon 2 on original is fine but as far as O can see playing on OLED makes me essentially start again. I’m logged in as my main profile - is this just a thing I have to lump if I want to play it in bed and I can’t be arsed walking downstairs?

15 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

I have two switches. One original (main) and an OLED. Playing Splatoon 2 on original is fine but as far as O can see playing on OLED makes me essentially start again. I’m logged in as my main profile - is this just a thing I have to lump if I want to play it in bed and I can’t be arsed walking downstairs?

Splatoon 2 is one of the Switch games that doesn’t use the inbuilt cloud save feature. You have to manually transfer the save file between Switches with the local wireless connection.

6 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Well, isn’t that just a little bit shit then. Shame I can’t have a login for the game instead like how other PC games might work :(

Have you heard of Nintendo

1 hour ago, chris on the moon said:

I just got puyo puyo tetris 2 for about £12. Its very cheap a lot of places.

from

where?  I loved the first one. 

On 23/02/2022 at 21:39, Eighthours said:

Hopefully Atari won’t kill it by pricing it the same as they did for the original console release (£30). 

I’m personally satisfied with the  listing of £16. I’ll probably dive in day one for that price. 

I’d much rather lay down the extra cash on a physical cart version though. However, I can’t see that happening outside of a prohibitively expensive (scalper induced) Limited Run / Super Rare / Strictly Limited release format...

1 hour ago, Harmunt said:

I’m personally satisfied with the  listing of £16. I’ll probably dive in day one for that price. 

I’d much rather lay down the extra cash on a physical cart version though. However, I can’t see that happening outside of a prohibitively expensive (scalper induced) Limited Run / Super Rare / Strictly Limited release format...

If it's LRG, it'll be an open pre-order, so no need to panic.

The cost for a family for the Switch Online Expansion is absolute bullshit. As is the fact the emulation stuff is locked behind a subscription. Just wanted to vent without continuing to shit up the F-zero thread.

I had a similar frustration the other day with Sony, I owned all the first batch of Pixeljunk games, shooter etc and can't download them to my PS5, I have to sub to PS Now or whatever it's called to play digital games I already own.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the slightest electric shock when removing their Switch from the dock? It's not going to kill me or anything, but every time I yank it off the thing it makes me tingle.

And not in the sexy-time way.

10 hours ago, JoeK said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the slightest electric shock when removing their Switch from the dock? It's not going to kill me or anything, but every time I yank it off the thing it makes me tingle.

And not in the sexy-time way.

No, I do too. So does Chris Scullion.

Mind you, I get static shocks from literally everything, so it didn't seem unusual to me.

17 hours ago, Hodge said:

Well after starting to tire of game pass library and messing about with yuzu emulator on my pc (which is exceptional now) I have just picked up an oled switch.

Always been a big Nintendo fan over the years, but due to me having a Wii u and alot of switch games being ports I thought I wait it out for Nintendo to flesh out the library a little.

First impressions, are very positive. Love the transition between handheld and Docked. 

For me the biggest compliment I can give switch is bringing family in the household together. In all the time of owning PlayStations and xboxs no one has ever bothered with them in the house. Soon as I spark this up with mario kart 8, it's not long before some local multiplayer is on the go.

Picked up Mario Odessey along side Mario Kart and is clearly the SM64 sequel I been waiting for all these years. Also found myself picking up Virtua Racing on eshop to. Still plays well after all these years.

Forgot about Deadly Premonition 2 being on switch to, so will be getting that.

Can praise the switch enough, well worth the cash 

Oh man so much magic to catchup on but sounds like you’ve already made some perfect purchase decisions. Enjoy! 

On 10/03/2022 at 22:10, Hodge said:

Well after starting to tire of game pass library and messing about with yuzu emulator on my pc (which is exceptional now) I have just picked up an oled switch.

Always been a big Nintendo fan over the years, but due to me having a Wii u and alot of switch games being ports I thought I wait it out for Nintendo to flesh out the library a little.

First impressions, are very positive. Love the transition between handheld and Docked. 

For me the biggest compliment I can give switch is bringing family in the household together. In all the time of owning PlayStations and xboxs no one has ever bothered with them in the house. Soon as I spark this up with mario kart 8, it's not long before some local multiplayer is on the go.

Picked up Mario Odessey along side Mario Kart and is clearly the SM64 sequel I been waiting for all these years. Also found myself picking up Virtua Racing on eshop to. Still plays well after all these years.

Forgot about Deadly Premonition 2 being on switch to, so will be getting that.

Can praise the switch enough, well worth the cash 

Get yourself Breath of the Wild! I'm jealous that you get to play it for the first time :wub:

On 12/03/2022 at 12:29, Delargey said:

Get yourself Breath of the Wild! I'm jealous that you get to play it for the first time :wub:

Already played through it on Wii U 😀 Might pick it up again down the line before BOTW2 though. Is Skyward sword worth a purchase? Only Zelda game I never got round to playing.

Any other recommendations let me know.

Every Metroidvania/Rogue lite going “Better on Switch!™”

Skyward sword is the linear alternative to BOTW and better on Switch™.

The analogue sword controls were the natural progression where Nintendo invented a problem that didn’t need fixing. At the time.

2 hours ago, Hodge said:

Is Skyward sword worth a purchase?

It is, but if you have only recently bought a Switch, there are many much better games on it, even if you don't include the Wii U ports.

A few recommendations from me.

Arms

Octopath Traveller

RPG Maker

Capcom Belt Collection

Sonic Team Racing

Mario Maker 2

River City Girls

A-Train

Animal Crossing

Mr Driller

Game Builder Garage

Shin Megami Tensei V

Great Ace Attorney

Tiger Heli

I had £20 I absolutely had to get rid of over the weekend and bought one of the Retro-bit Saturn controllers. Speaking as someone who already has an 8bitdo SN30, I am delighted to report it’s a great little controller and feels close enough to the original that I struggle to tell the difference. 

Playing Panzer Dragoon with it is sublime. Looking forward to the remake of Zwei that’s apparently coming later this month. 

51 minutes ago, Popo said:

Looking forward to the remake of Zwei that’s apparently coming later this month. 

Oh no way I didn’t know that was coming. Quite enjoyed the last remake and played through it again the other day. 

7 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh no way I didn’t know that was coming. Quite enjoyed the last remake and played through it again the other day. 

Didn't realize Panzer Dragoon remake was on switch either. Another game I will have to pick up. Also saw a trailer for house of dead remake other day that looks great. Question is how well do light gun games translate to switch?

Also looking at picking up another pad for multiplayer, what does everyone recommend? Joycon, pro pad or another alternative?

On a final note, picked up online pass on cdkeys for £13 and is giving me the option of expansion pass for £20 now. Is it worth it? Wouldn't mind extra Mario kart tracks, but don't know if it's worth picking them up separate instead?