IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

I reckon Bowsers Fury can be 100%/all cat shines in 6-8 hours. I reckon I was about 6.5 hours myself and I wasn’t trying to smash it quickly.

Yeah, 7 hours for me to 100%, so considerably less than all of the other 3D Marios. Wonderful game though.

8 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

7 hours of all killer, no filler, whilst small for a Mario, is a damn fine full game.

Killer 7 remaster confirmed.

So many upcoming games in my wish list now:

·         GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon  (10-02-2022)

·         Triangle Strategy  (04-03-2022)

·         Kirby and the Forgotten Land  (25-03-2022)

·         Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp  (08-04-2022)

.         Pocky & Rocky Reshrined  (22-04-2022)

·         Nintendo Switch Sports  (29-04-2022)    

·         River City Girls 2 (2022)

·         Monster Hunter Rise G  (2022)

·         Klonoa: Phantasy Reveries  (08-07-2022)

·         Live A Live  (22-07-2022)

·         Splatoon 3  (07-2022)

·         Xenoblade Chronicles 3  (09-2022)

·         Bayonetta 3 (2022)

·         The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild pt. 2  (2022)

I think it's time I bit the bullet and bought a Switch. I've been holding off for the longest time because I keep on thinking that some sort of new 4k version will come out, but I don't think it will any time soon, and there's just too many games I feel I'm missing out on.

Every time I look at Breath of the Wild, I feel a big ol' hole inside me that the game needs to fill. Sure, I could quite easily run it on my PC, but the last time I did it, it just didn't feel right. Emulation is all well and good, but it never quite works for me.

So, couple of questions - is the OLED version worth the premium? I'm fairly sure most of my gaming will be via the dock, but I do want to use it hand-held for lunch breaks and all that stuff outside of the home!

Other question is - what would be the best memory card to pick up, value-wise at the moment?

Oh, and is a screen protector a must on these things? 

Get the OLED for sure for the sake of an extra £50 or whatever. This is coming from someone who played docked for 90% of the time on his OG. Since getting the OLED I’ve played Switch games 100% handheld.

I personally didn’t bother with a screen protector either on my OG or my new OLED having never felt the need at the time or any regret since 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

So, couple of questions - is the OLED version worth the premium? 

Other question is - what would be the best memory card to pick up, value-wise at the moment?

Yes.

Really depends how much capacity you need (and if you’re going to go physical where you can), but they’re all reasonably priced. I’ve got a 256GB in mine and it’s not full up yet. Also the OLED has 64GB built in verses the standard models 32GB.

Not in my opinion, no. I don’t take it out the house often but never had any issues with my previous models and the OLED. I think they look a bit naff.

12 hours ago, JoeK said:

I think it's time I bit the bullet and bought a Switch. I've been holding off for the longest time because I keep on thinking that some sort of new 4k version will come out, but I don't think it will any time soon, and there's just too many games I feel I'm missing out on.

Every time I look at Breath of the Wild, I feel a big ol' hole inside me that the game needs to fill. Sure, I could quite easily run it on my PC, but the last time I did it, it just didn't feel right. Emulation is all well and good, but it never quite works for me.

So, couple of questions - is the OLED version worth the premium? I'm fairly sure most of my gaming will be via the dock, but I do want to use it hand-held for lunch breaks and all that stuff outside of the home!

Yeah the OLED is most definitely worth it. I’ve had one since launch and every time I turn it on I’m still impressed by how much bigger, brighter and more colourful the screen is, it really does feel like a premium experience (smaller bezels and an improved chassis helps too). It’s also brilliant for table top play now that it has a proper sturdy and adjustable kick stand. I love playing games that way with it. 

I installed a tempered glass screen protector day one and I don’t even notice it’s there, but I feel more comfortable knowing I have the extra protection. 

Bang for buck id say a 256gb memory card is your safest bet, unless you’re going all digital in which case you might prefer more storage. I’ve never once felt the need for more using a mixture of physical and digital though. 

I have the Animal Crossing special edition Switch – I love it, but am very strongly contemplating buying an OLED Switch to replace it with. Because the OLED honestly looks too good. Where’s my best bet to trade in the Animal Crossing Switch for maximum return these days? :unsure:

I’d hold onto that AC Switch if it was me. I can see that being worth more than an OLED Switch in years to come. Not to say you shouldn’t get an OLED, but try and hold onto that AC edition if you can. 

Note this is me utterly speculating.

14 hours ago, JoeK said:

Having had an OLED for a couple of weeks now, I even think it’s worth it for anyone who owns the original Switch and plays handheld… or even if you DON’’T currently play handheld much, because it will make you want to! So if you’ve never had a Switch before, it’s a total no-brainer for me. Definitely buy the OLED.

My OG Switch is running very hot and making a very noticeable fan noise. This is after just 20 mins of light use. 

Obviously well out of warranty now, but sounds like it could be the fan that’s the issue?

Anyone tried a DIY repair? I can see a replacement fan and the tools on Amazon for £27. 

20 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

My OG Switch is running very hot and making a very noticeable fan noise. This is after just 20 mins of light use. 

Obviously well out of warranty now, but sounds like it could be the fan that’s the issue?

Anyone tried a DIY repair? I can see a replacement fan and the tools on Amazon for £27. 

I'd try giving it a clean and some new thermal paste first ;)

22 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I think this is the replacement part you’re looking for. 

52 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Could try that first yeah. Give the fan and vents a blast of air and replace the paste

If you've the tools and paste, it's a pretty straight forward job :)

tri wing and phillips, sorted :)

Shit. An expensive week. Not content with buying the new Horizon game, I seem to have bought an OLED Switch.

To be honest, Currys had a really pretty good offer on, and I couldn't refuse. Although their website is fucking awful, and it's taken me the best part of two days for it to actually accept my email!

And, I think it was a good deal - Switch, Zelda BotW (boxed) and a 256gb micro-sd for £369

Right - someone really needs to buy my Series X now!

On 15/02/2022 at 08:41, BabelRich said:

Forgive me for this but I've looked and can not find the answer. Does anyone have the link for sending drifty JoyCon back for repair please?

Should be this one https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Repairs/Other-Problems-1917300.html?system=HAC

They've buried that deep. It's like they know it's a widespread problem and it's going to cost them or some shit

Sorry, me again. Has anyone actually sent a JoyCon for repair recently? I've been trying for two days and every time I get to the 'book repair' button it constantly says 'We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later'.