IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah they won't. Just go for the one thats best value with highest reviews. I looked for one the other day for a mate and it had like 5k reviews at 4 and a bit stars.

Edit: sorry 95 thousand reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GY8NHF2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_A0TWX953B2HYSVH09GXX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Have to admit, I don’t trust Amazon to supply non-fake SD cards. From past experience.

57 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

If it’s actually being supplied by Amazon rather than a 3rd party seller who Amazon are handling the logistics for it will be genuine.

Unless of course you are @deKay

They put them in the same box in the warehouse. Very easy to get fake SDs and USB sticks from Amazon, supplied by Amazon.

5 hours ago, deKay said:

They put them in the same box in the warehouse. Very easy to get fake SDs and USB sticks from Amazon, supplied by Amazon.

Possible yeah.

Likely I’d suggest not.

Then again I too live in the wilds of Norfolk but have never had any real issues with Amazon logistics. And Christ does my wife spend a lot of money with Amazon.

30 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Like? I mean seeing as someone was actually asking and all we've done is run around in little circles about how bad the experience at Amazon may or may not be. Link us up!

Always get mine from eBuyer or MyMemory.

2 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

Anybody in Bradford? There’s a lady selling Switch games for cheap on Facebook marketplace. I can’t tell if it’s a bargain or a scam. Said she would be able to post them, but payment via Cashapp. Are fake carts a thing?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/profile/100070672583238/?ref=permalink&tab=listings

“payment via Cashapp” = scam

Unless you’re a finsub.

On 18/12/2021 at 07:31, iknowgungfu said:

Where are you getting those summaries for the Switch?

Also, what are the Harry Potter Lego games like. My 7yr old daughter is mad for HP at the moment. Are the games individual to each book/film? We are only half way through the third book and want to avoid spoilers. 

The Lego HP games are great, there's two games in the Switch collection, the first game covers years (books) 1-4 and the second 5-7.  But you won't end up spoiling yourselves if you start 1-4 as it starts with the very beginning, and you can stop when you get to the end of year 2 essentially if you want to avoid spoilers.  The games are pretty massive too. :)  Definitely worth getting.

Edited to add about the unlockable characters, I suppose there could be some spoils there, but nothing really jumps out to me I don't think as something that could really mega spoil you

So did anyone get OLEDs for Christmas?  I have an original Switch and I've got a few new games to play on it, I find myself curious about the OLED in a "fancy treating myself for Christmas" kinda way.

I near enough always play handheld whilst husband is watching something on telly. 

How painful is the experience of transferring your games and saves, do you lose anything by swapping console?

I was a good boy and Santa brought me one (I didn't make my wife buy it honest!).

Transferring the saves and users was easy and quick. Literally minutes. Connecting to the eshop to redownload everything (as you have too...) didn't go entirely to plan as the eshop was busted pretty much all morning!

It's now downloading everything on my in-laws rather slow internet connection. I know, first world problems. After transferring the user profiles over, was surprised I couldn't just move the SD card from one to the other. Won't let you and you need to wipe the card before you can use it in the new one. That could have saved some downloading.

The screen is bloody lovely though, I got as I wanted the bigger screen, mostly due to struggling with tiny fonts in Warframe. Speakers have been a pleasant surprise in terms of an upgrade and it feels a bit more refined than my launch Switch. Like you I play mostly handheld so it was an upgrade with that in mind.

Hopefully it'll be done downloading things before bed time so I can have a proper go.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

So do game saves all transfer safely too, if you have cartridge games?

I'm sure a friend told me there was some sort of issue with Pokemon specifically?

It all transfers fine. It’s only AC that you need to do separately with the tool they provide.

Just now, Twinbee said:

I don’t know if Boxing Day /January sales are really a thing anymore, but has anyone seen any offers on pro controllers? Thanks. 

Actual real Nintendo Pro controllers? Almost certainly not, unfortunately. Like triple-A first party games, they rarely get discounted more than a fiver off. :(

(Incidentally, just seen an OLED Switch in action. The screen, you have to see with one’s own eyes. Incredible.)

Ran out of space on the sd card so going to have to use a new one and re-install everything. Is there an option to download everything ive ever bought in one go or do i have to do it manually with each game? 

This is going to be a deciding factor in when it gets done i think 

37 minutes ago, Wonderm said:

Ran out of space on the sd card so going to have to use a new one and re-install everything. Is there an option to download everything ive ever bought in one go or do i have to do it manually with each game? 

This is going to be a deciding factor in when it gets done i think 

You can transfer everything from the old SD card to a new one.