IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

On 28/11/2021 at 07:17, Sane said:

For me most definitely. I do pretty much all my gaming in handheld mode and I still am impressed every time I turn it on. It's just on a completely different level. And not just the blacks, all the colors are so vibrant! I played a bit on (non OLED) TV yesterday for the first time since getting the OLED Switch and it was rubbish. I kept thinking how washed out it looked.

And it's the same for me as for @Stanley, I upgraded from a launch model so the improved battery life is very much appreciated. And the better speakers and kickstand are the icing on the cake.

And also, I managed to sell my old switch for a very nice amount. The older models are actually sought after more because you can hack them to run homebrew and stuff on it. So that might factor in your decision to upgrade.

I've realised my old Switch is the V1 model that can be used for homebrew. May I ask where you sold yours? Is there a place where people know the difference between V1 and V2 to make it more desirable?

I imagine Gumtree etc would just be your regular punters looking for one for the kids.

1 minute ago, Mawdlin said:

I've realised my old Switch is the V1 model that can be used for homebrew. May I ask where you sold yours? Is there a place where people know the difference between V1 and V2 to make it more desirable?

I imagine Gumtree etc would just be your regular punters looking for one for the kids.

Well I'm in the Netherlands so I'm not sure it'll be much help, but I put it up on marktplaats.nl, the go to website for anything second hand. I think it's very similar to gumtree. The guy who bought it responded almost instantly, he mentioned he'd been on the lookout for one for a while. You could just put it up, mention specifically it's a V1 model and see what happens. 

I'm surprised docked is even as high as 3% considering we've had nobody over for multiplayer. I think it's likely from playing Yacht Dice on Clubhouse Games. Mostly just been Animal Crossing and Metroid Dread this year (though I played a lot of Mahjong in Clubhouse Games in December, just after the cut-off).

FGlfHm6X0AAfnKM.thumb.jpg.eb7b91197ddc0f11ac578892752d2882.jpg

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

I'm surprised docked is even as high as 3% considering we've had nobody over for multiplayer. I think it's likely from playing Yacht Dice on Clubhouse Games. Mostly just been Animal Crossing and Metroid Dread this year (though I played a lot of Mahjong in Clubhouse Games in December, just after the cut-off).

B24EE6B5-18BE-4B38-B099-0DBD1B7EA4C2.thumb.jpeg.7626c4b4ca880dce350ed388b10c75e4.jpeg

2 hours ago, joffocakes said:

I’m the Yin to your Yang!

5143BCF8-3296-4396-A7BC-622380C4FC7C.thumb.jpeg.0dfd6ad64472f9115fca28f272dc5886.jpeg

I don’t know what the 3% is…maybe I knocked the dock over or something.

I knew the series X had tanked my switch usage but didn't realise how much this year, my most played games is New Star Manager with only 5h logged

Interestingly I'd still tell you the Switch is my favourite console and the one I'd least want to give up, but despite loving it that much I don't seem to use it. 

I often question the point of owning my Switch, I like the idea of it but I rarely use it - 14 hours over my top 3 games. 😅

I've also got 3 Docks in the house, can't remember the last time I used one - stat confirmed, 3% of time docked (probably turned on by accident while charging).

yir-most-played-games.jpg