Nintendo Switch

deKay

13 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Having just put a couple of hours into Cruisin Blast I have to say it has left me with a big grin on my face. If you like arcade racers then this is really bloody good. Totally over the top and it will look amazing on the OLED screen due to colours.

This is 100% fact. 

17 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

I’ve just ordered a Hori Split Pad Pro. Fuck it, sick of my wildly drifting Joycons. Both the left and the right are all over the shop and keep getting worse.

The percentage of joycons that get to drifting is shameful. 3 out of 5 pairs of mine have gone and it's not like I exclusively play my Switch. Their evasiveness on the matter is pretty poor. 

Split Pad Pro going strong. 

The Split Pad Pro is amazing. Not only do the sticks not drift, they are much better than the joycon sticks as well. The buttons are also programmable and they have extra little paddles at the back.

The downsides are no rumble and no wireless though, so they only work when attached to the switch.

My son wanted to play let's go pikachu with the right joycon only to discover that it has no charge. Normally we play all other games with the pro pad so got no idea how long it's been flat. So my question is, is it likely to be the joycon or the switch? I don't really want to buy another set cos they're a bit crap, for every other game we use pro pads and he can get by with using the left one up until the point he wants to leave the game where we have to put the console to sleep, wake it and use the touch screen to get to home but if there is an easy fix then I am all ears. 

Help me rllmuk. 

7 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Skyward sword joycons apparently have a fix so no reason the oled set wouldn't have the same.

Citation needed

2 hours ago, Foxworth said:

My son wanted to play let's go pikachu with the right joycon only to discover that it has no charge. Normally we play all other games with the pro pad so got no idea how long it's been flat. So my question is, is it likely to be the joycon or the switch? I don't really want to buy another set cos they're a bit crap, for every other game we use pro pads and he can get by with using the left one up until the point he wants to leave the game where we have to put the console to sleep, wake it and use the touch screen to get to home but if there is an easy fix then I am all ears. 

Help me rllmuk. 

Might be the rail on the Joycon not aligning properly with the Switch itself. Mine started disconnecting during handheld play and I'd get similar charging problems. I could jiggle it a bit and get it to reconnect sometimes but eventually got too annoyed with it.

Never found a solution, sadly, and ended up buying another pair.

@Questthanks. That seems to be a similar experience to what I have had. Disconnecting when in handheld etc. Guess we'll have to carry on without it for now. Can't really afford another set of joycons atm. We have a switch lite to go outside as I don't trust my son not to break my delicate launch switch so it won't be too much of an issue. 

New OLED Friday. All my games are on an SD card and was hoping that after transfering my user and save data from my old Switch, I'll be able to just put swap the card into the new Switch and away we go.

Knowing Nintendo it's not going to be that easy is it? 😐

Going to be a pain in the butt-pipe if I have to re download everything. :huh:

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Do we have a date for N64 games yet? Also was it Megadrive games coming too at the same time, anything else? 

October.

21 minutes ago, Pug said:

Great.

Thanks.

When you've done it about 5 times like I have, at 0.5TB a go, you get used to it.

With the new OLED Switch I was going to sell my old Switch then thought about keeping it and leaving it as docked only.

I presume it's possible to instead of transfer my User/save data over to the OLED, I just sign in and download my games. Would have had to download them anyway.

As long as I'm not using them both at the same time it'll work ok?

Will the cloud saves have any delay or do they sync when starting a game?

And I presume I'll need an online sub? (getting one anyway for N64 goodness).

On 08/10/2021 at 10:03, Pug said:

With the new OLED Switch I was going to sell my old Switch then thought about keeping it and leaving it as docked only.

I presume it's possible to instead of transfer my User/save data over to the OLED, I just sign in and download my games. Would have had to download them anyway.

As long as I'm not using them both at the same time it'll work ok?

Will the cloud saves have any delay or do they sync when starting a game?

And I presume I'll need an online sub? (getting one anyway for N64 goodness).

Just copy the users you want over to the OLED from the old switch using user transfer. You have the option to leave or delete them from the old one. 

Then just go to the Eshop and redownload what you want. As long as you have an active online sub it will ask you if you want to download cloud saves. First time you run a redownloaded game You have to download it manually but after that it will all sync up. 

Bear in mind that on your new switch it will require an online check when you first start an Eshop game. All users on the primary will be able to play anything you own without a check. You can switch this over at any time. 

All set now, pretty much how you said. Thanks for going to the effort for the advice. 🙂👍

Decided I'm going to sell the old Switch now as my daughter wasn't bothered with a permanently docked communal Switch and I don't really need it.

I just picked up a switch and I'm looking to a get a second dock. I know there were problems with some 3rd party docks, is the current advice still to stick with official docks only? Are there any good 3rd party docks that won't kill my switch?

Also looking for recommendations for a co-op game for a young kid (4 years old). She enjoys New Super Mario Brothers, but looking for something to help encourage her reading a bit.  How is Pokemon Let's Go as a co-op game? Any good educational titles?

I’d say anything that uses a separate USB-C cable is OK. Ones that have you drop the Switch in like the official dock are apparently really likely to short it out. There was a bad power regulator chip on early docks but I think that’s gone now.