Nintendo Switch

deKay

On 24/08/2021 at 12:22, shirubagan said:

Noooo.... I can't even do a System Transfer because the consoles need to both be online. I am screwed. CS have gotten back to me asking for further info, but now I'm worried about getting my account banned and losing access to all my saves and £100s in digital purchases. I feel sick. I think I'm just going to leave it, take the loss and wait for the OLED to show up.

for info I have a banned Switch (CFW) and it hasn't banned my account.  I am pretty sure they just blacklist the hardware. 

11 hours ago, Dig Dug said:

My left joycon is pretty much shot now.

Anyone got a recommendation for an adjustable pro controller clamp? Would make for a far better experience when playing in bed.

Bonus points if it can work in vertical also.

Bumping to a new page.

56 minutes ago, Flub said:

Which Spelunky would people recommend for someone who's never really dipped in with either?

Without being an expert in either the first as if you hate it you'd not have wasted 18 quid. You're prolly best asking in the Spelunky 2 thread.

On 20/08/2021 at 23:56, Stoppy2000 said:

My launch switch is off to Nintendo for repair on Monday. The fan has finally given up the ghost and it seems to be rapidly overheating. I'm budgeting about £80 for the repair... might be a little optimistic....

As an update to this - Nintendo collected via ups on Monday. Quoted repair price (£66 for fan and battery) then had it back to me by Friday. Can't complain about that service. My Switch also now no longer sounds like a jet engine. 

On 27/08/2021 at 11:38, Parappa said:

for info I have a banned Switch (CFW) and it hasn't banned my account.  I am pretty sure they just blacklist the hardware. 

QQ: If I deregister the banned Switch as my Primary Console via the Nintendo website, will it still play any digital games I have installed still? They all seem to work in Airplane Mode, but I don't want to mess it up any more before my OLED arrives.

Do we have any idea if Crusin' Blast is likely to be any good? I've not played any of the series before and my overriding memory from the mags at the time was that they were pretty middling on the N64.

HOWEVER! I am desperate for a new arcade racer and I do like Eugene Jarvis so feel so compelled to buy it. Finding it oddly difficult to find any actual opinion on the game. 

I played the arcade cabinet of Cruisn' Blast last week when I was in Bournemouth.

It has no brake pedal. It's literally accelerate and try to steer.

I'm hoping for a little more nuance in the home version.

(It was fun though!)

Holy ducking shit! As someone who has bitched about this since day 1, I am feeling both very relieved it’s finally here, and vindicated when I said there was no reason Nintendo couldn’t do it.

Can’t wait to try this out. 

Their caveats list is basically a list of the reasons people said they hadn’t done it yet:

Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device.

Bluetooth audio will be disconnected during local communication, such as when starting a local wireless multiplayer game.

Note

Only one Bluetooth audio device can be paired at a time, but up to 10 devices can be saved on a Nintendo Switch system.

Bluetooth microphones cannot be used.

You may experience audio latency depending on your Bluetooth device.

A little bit of lag with my AirPods Pro on Super Mario Galaxy, but nothing gamebreaking. Might not fare so well with something else, so probably just judge on a game-by-game basis. Nice feature to have though, especially when it’s the choice between slightly laggy audio which may or may not be a problem, or no audio at all.

While it's great they finally added Bluetooth Audio to the Switch, my TV has it so I connect the Bose QC35's via that method when docked & via their audio cable/Switch headphone jack when not. 

Great for when you don't have those options though as if it does work properly games like Breath of the Wild have wonderful atmosphere with their soundscapes.

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

The lag on a Switch Lite whilst playing Tetris 99 is VERY noticeable, had to go back to internal speakers, it was off putting.

Odd. There's no perceptible lag with my Lite and Jabra Moves.

EDIT: None with my AirPods either.

8 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Holy fucking shit megaton!!!!!!1111

Hold on, everyone told us this was impossible to do due to #techissues. But still, bloody great news. It sounds stupid but it actually puts me off using the Switch when travelling since I've got to fish for a grotty pair of wired headphones instead of using my nice pair of wireless headphones that I have on me all the time.