IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

26 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

This download issue is pissing me off. Google DNS change has been ineffective for me. Has there been any comment about it from Nintendo?

“Please understand”

I need my regular fix of Rocket League so badly that I have had to email Nintendo support to explain that none of their fixes on support.nintendo.com/switch/error work. 

I reckon they will get a load of people with issues coming out of the woodwork if they drop an Animal Crossing update before finding or publishing a fix.

Very annoying. 

Thinking of a 2nd switch, how do digital games work over 2 consoles?

i own a digital game and its on my main switch - I can put it on a 2nd switch if my account is on it? Can another person play the game on 2nd switch if I’m playing it on the first ? Against each other etc

also cloud saves I haven’t used yet ... do they “just work” i.e. I play on 1st switch then later play on 2nd and progress is carried over?

34 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Thinking of a 2nd switch, how do digital games work over 2 consoles?

i own a digital game and its on my main switch - I can put it on a 2nd switch if my account is on it? Can another person play the game on 2nd switch if I’m playing it on the first ? Against each other etc

also cloud saves I haven’t used yet ... do they “just work” i.e. I play on 1st switch then later play on 2nd and progress is carried over?

You can definitely put your purchased games on multiple Switches.

I haven’t tried playing a game on Switch 1 against Switch 2 using the same account. I assume you might need to use a second account on one of the Switches for that.

Cloud saves work, but kind of need manual transfer between the systems. Also, some games don’t support cloud saves at all (certain first party games, and Pokemon).

@Clipper

Assuming all eshop purchases are made with Account A, all user profiles can play those games on whichever switch has been set as the 'home' console for Account A.

On the other switch, you can install the games, but will only be able to play them with Account A and will generally need an internet connection to at least launch the game and verify the license.

Can't answer the bit about playing a game on both at same time, though I'd lean towards it being unlikely to work. I think part of the check it does on the 2nd console is to see if it's being played on the 'home' one already.

I changed the DNS settings as per the official website and it didn’t work. Then I turned them back to automatic and was able to download a huge fortnite update. Then I couldn’t download anything again.

It’s taking a worrying amount of time for them to fix this.

I'm getting a few small games downloaded but if the Switch Lite goes into standby then they instantly fail. Obviously this means anything full size is out of the question until a fix is pushed but hopefully I'll be able to get the update itself.

The Nintendo support team are just as in the dark as we are.

The service was good though. I received a prompt reply telling me to try all the things I'd explained I'd tried already in my initial email. 

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting the Nintendo Contact Centre Europe Team.

I understand that you are having trouble due to an error code (2123-1502) appearing on-screen. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

A) Attempt the Download Again
1. Select OK to close the error message.
2. A message indicating that the download stopped because an error has occurred may appear. Select Continue to attempt the download again.
3. If the same error code appears again, please try continuing the download a few more times.
4. When the message "Downloading data..." appears, the download should complete normally.

B) Restart the Nintendo Switch console: To restart the console, press the POWER Button for three seconds, and then select Power Options, followed by Turn Off. When the console has turned off, press the POWER button to turn it back on again.

C) Clear the cache on the Nintendo Switch console (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/-1200195.html).

D) Test your internet connection
Test your internet connection to ensure that your Nintendo Switch is still connected to the internet. You can do this by following the steps available here: www.nintendo.co.uk/-1497996.html

E) Create a new internet connection.
Set up a new internet connection, ensuring that you are attempting to connect to the correct network, and that you are receiving a strong wireless signal from the network. Steps available on our support site: www.nintendo.co.uk/-1228927.html

F) Manually enter an alternate DNS.
If the DNS you are attempting to use is not working, entering an alternate DNS may resolve this issue (www.nintendo.co.uk/-1496747.html).

G) Ensure that the MTU value in your network settings is set to default (1400). To do this, you may have to read through these steps carefully, and follow them accordingly: www.nintendo.co.uk/-1496820.html

H) Connect to the internet at a different location or access point.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. For now, we wish you a great day.

Kind regards,

17 hours ago, Squigs said:

Can't answer the bit about playing a game on both at same time, though I'd lean towards it being unlikely to work. I think part of the check it does on the 2nd console is to see if it's being played on the 'home' one already.

You could play them at the same time if you took the "primary" switch offline.

But of course you couldn't then play against each other.

I'm using Google DNS but it hasn't made a whole lot of difference, most of the games on my Switch are trying and failing to download an update. Nintendo really need to fix this ASAP. 

I won't be buying any more digital games on the Switch until the issue is resolved, no matter how good the sale prices are. 

Luckily Hades doesn't want an update, and it's still my go-to Switch game. 

I had an update today for Hyrule Warriors that was showing as failed but it worked when I did it with the Switch on. So its hit and miss which isnt good enough. Want to grab Mario & Rabbids in the sale, just hope I can download it

I’ve not had any issues on my Switch but my daughter has had to retry downloads a couple of times.

Most baffling thing is how it isn’t affecting everyone.

I’m sure I read something about it being related to a server-side change. Maybe their servers moved and some DNS thing didn’t percolate through the server… IP… ping something?

Propagate. If this was indeed the issue it's been too long for it to still be the issue. i.e. it's nothing to do with DNS propagation.

Nintendo are useless at anything internet related though. I wouldn't surprised if they changed something their end and now half their download servers are sat in the dark doing nothing and the errors are just due to lack of capacity.

1 hour ago, memories said:

Anyone tried Lego Builders Journey?

Seems like it's an expanded version of the Apple Arcade release previously.

I thought it was exactly the same game? Which was great, but I've done that already.