IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

On 21/07/2021 at 13:57, Jazz Glands said:

Konami’s Vendetta aka Crime Fighters 2 is out now on the eshop. One of the very best classic beat em ups imo. 

I thought it was pretty rubbish. Really short, boring levels and bosses and forgettable music. 

3 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Do you play them or just collect?

There are some which were bought for collection, rather than playing, such as some of the shmups.  And I always buy Mario games, even if they turn out crap.  But nearly all my play is on the Switch now, so most games get a good go.  I don't play much that was released in the first couple of years of the Switch's life now, apart from Mario Kart.

3 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Post pics pls.

Might throw one up next month, when I have the house to myself for a bit.

22 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

I hope you’re getting them cheap cos that’s about 7 grand!

I know people who spend more than that each year on fags.

53 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Really!  20 quid a day?  I guess as no one in my circle smokes I’m out of touch - that’s barking. 

£13 or so for a pack of 20 now, and there are definitely 40 a day smokers out there.

4 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Really!  20 quid a day?  I guess as no one in my circle smokes I’m out of touch - that’s barking. 

Yep. 40 a day isn’t uncommon. Until they gave up a friend of mine was on 60+. Never without one!

On 25/07/2021 at 21:16, Sumire said:

I thought it was pretty rubbish. Really short, boring levels and bosses and forgettable music. 

This warrants a ban for being clueless about side-scrolling beatemups. Vendetta beats contemporaries like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe into a messy pulp its so much more fun (especially in 4 player) than any of those games (and I love all those games by the way)

I have them all separately. Probably the best retro platformers Inti Creates have made so far. Light Metroidvania vibe, great controls, excellent pixel art. If you have any love for the original, it's a no-brainer.

12 hours ago, Death Adder said:

Did anyone pick up Blaster Master trilogy?  It came out this week.

Oh! I have the first and realised when the third came out I’d never picked up the second. If it’s cheap enough the trilogy would appeal!

18 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I have them all separately. Probably the best retro platformers Inti Creates have made so far. Light Metroidvania vibe, great controls, excellent pixel art. If you have any love for the original, it's a no-brainer.

Sorry, I didn't see your reply.

I've got the trilogy, not yet opened, having paid over the odds for Limited Run physicals of the first two.

Oh well.  I do like the gameplay very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised to find out that Nintendo have quietly discontinued the grey Joy-Cons. My wife was having issues with button dropouts and random disconnections when she used ours from my launch Switch yesterday so I checked to see if there were any replacements. I don't really fancy buying neon ones.

Am about to buy a Switch again after not having one for a few months, but my other half wants to start playing too, what’s the best way to do this?

Is it just set up an additional profile on the Switch?  If I do that will she be able to access all my games (all my games are digital) and play them, just with her own saves etc?  She’s got no interest in playing online (although I do have the online account) or buying her own games, she just basically wants to play Stardew & Animal Crossing on it.