Nintendo Switch

deKay

8 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

But “Z2” came out in 1987. Cunt is Error. Cuntan Games guy.

Ten years before Z?

Yeah those rumours that Nintendo would have a software-only E3 event and a separate pre-E3 hardware announcement have sure been dealt a blow by, uh, confirmation of the first half of the rumour.

3 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Are you talking about first gen Gen Z being born?

No, Z2. The sequel to Z.

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

Ah. That actually came out in 2001.

Presumably this’ll be a remaster then.

On 30/05/2021 at 16:14, The Mighty Ash said:

Upon waking, my switch keeps saying there is a problem and the game can't be started, then I'm asked to insert the game (even though the game is inserted). 

Is this a common issue? 

This has been happening to mine over the last few weeks or so. It's pissing me off. If I turn the switch fully off and on again it works fine. Also fine if I pop out the card and reinsert it. It's not the game card, issue has come up with Age of Calamity and Mario 3D World.

We're not alone with this issue. e.g.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/l4g4hc/getting_a_game_card_removed_error_message_after/

If anybody has a solution let me know.

Any ideas?

My switch online runs out shortly. A friend has a family pass and said i can join it.

I'm happy to do this as apparently he has paid for the next 3 years. However, will this cause me any issues with save games or eshop purchases etc?

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Any ideas?

My switch online runs out shortly. A friend has a family pass and said i can join it.

I'm happy to do this as apparently he has paid for the next 3 years. However, will this cause me any issues with save games or eshop purchases etc?

I’ve been freeloading off a mate’s family pass for years. No issues whatsoever, in fact I forget I even do it sometimes as it’s not like you have their account info or anything plastered all over the account page or Eshop homescreen.  

16 hours ago, MidWalian said:

This has been happening to mine over the last few weeks or so. It's pissing me off. If I turn the switch fully off and on again it works fine. Also fine if I pop out the card and reinsert it. It's not the game card, issue has come up with Age of Calamity and Mario 3D World.

We're not alone with this issue. e.g.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/l4g4hc/getting_a_game_card_removed_error_message_after/

If anybody has a solution let me know.

I only had this problem with the Sega Mega Drive Collection game card, FWIW. Cleaning the edge connector on the game card (very carefully) with isopropyl on an industrial cotton bud seemed to fix it, for the most part.

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Any ideas?

They can see all your purchases, but I think that's all.

Been thinking of re-subscripting to Switch Online for when Mario Golf: Super Rush comes out soon. Trying to get my head around this Family membership, so someone could just provide upto eight of their family or friend a code and then they have the Online subscription for as long as the main person has it?

Need to see if I know anyone that has this type of subscription to query if they have any spare slots.

Been getting error code: 2123-1502 all week whenever the Switch is trying to download an update to software. A quick search online has this down to the latest system update, I presume others  must be experiencing similar problems? 

59 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Been getting error code: 2123-1502 all week whenever the Switch is trying to download an update to software. A quick search online has this down to the latest system update, I presume others  must be experiencing similar problems? 

Yes - several people in the eShop thread 

33 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yes - several people in the eShop thread 

Thanks. Any fixes or do we have to wait for Nintendo to sort it? A week almost so far which is a ridiculously long time for them to have yet not sorted out such a massive issue. 

41 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

They must have released the switch pro firmware by mistake. 

The firmware update is to support system transfer to a Pro.

48 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Thanks. Any fixes or do we have to wait for Nintendo to sort it? A week almost so far which is a ridiculously long time for them to have yet not sorted out such a massive issue. 

Just wait I think

7 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Change the switch to Google dns. Works for me at least 

Is the Switch Pro controller any use?  Starting to play some Trios with the kids and I get landed with the Switch while they play on xbox. 

Its a bit shit using the normal switch joycons - or its simply shit - feels like it runs about 10FPS.  was thinking of trying a controller.  Should I buy a cheap compatible or the official?

47 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Is the Switch Pro controller any use?  Starting to play some Trios with the kids and I get landed with the Switch while they play on xbox. 

Its a bit shit using the normal switch joycons - or its simply shit - feels like it runs about 10FPS.  was thinking of trying a controller.  Should I buy a cheap compatible or the official?

Pro controller is excellent and if you get a new one then you should get one with a dpad that isn't absolute fucking garbage (which is it's only flaw imo).

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

I've had one since launch, if it wasn't for the d pad and no analogue triggers I'd tell you it's the perfect pad.

Its great though and the battery is pretty robust.