Nintendo Switch

deKay

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

What's the point in 4K on a 7inch screen?

And for those playing docked, get over it.

The point is when you are playing docked, which embarrasses the Switch. What it can do on the small screen is irrelevant to that.

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

It's due to the number of controllers/connections IIRC. PS4 doesn't even allow BT audio properly. 

PS3 was such a good console in that respect. 

I'd be fine if bluetooth audio support was handheld only, that's the only time I want to use it.

The Bluetooth situation is a bit of a pain in the arse, I haven’t used wired headphones for some years now and in fact don’t actually own any apart from massive ones for home use, so it’s a shame they haven’t found a solution. 

Anyone got a grip recommendation for the switch? I’ve started to play my kids one in handheld a bit and it hurts after a while!  I see plenty on eBay from cheap ones that attach to the joycons to expansive ones near £40! I have medium / small hands. 

2 hours ago, fattakin said:

Anyone got a grip recommendation for the switch? I’ve started to play my kids one in handheld a bit and it hurts after a while!  I see plenty on eBay from cheap ones that attach to the joycons to expansive ones near £40! I have medium / small hands. 

Not a grip exactly but the Hori Split Pad Pro is a pair of joycon replacements that basically feel pretty much like a proper controller. I never use anything else now.

23 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Not a grip exactly but the Hori Split Pad Pro is a pair of joycon replacements that basically feel pretty much like a proper controller. I never use anything else now.

They look huge enough on the switch that they look a bit stupid but they do feel good to hold.

20 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Interesting - more or less the same price as the grip @Flub mentioned plus presumably better analog sticks?  Ive stuck a cheeky £20 offer on one used on ebay.

Its actually to play fortnite in bed to grind out some of the kids & my quests :(

Yep, just bear in mind they don't have rumble or motion controls. Neither of those bother me particularly (at least for the games I play) and the massive improvement in comfort more than makes up for it.

Also, they do look ridiculous but miraculously the Switch still fits into the dock with them attached.

50 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

This is still listed as coming soon on Nicalis' website, but WiiU has become Switch. When was this announced – 2012 or something?

image.png.f67598796ef0899bedbf18fc6b76dea4.png

thought the original creator got shafted and has nothing to do with it now?

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yep, just bear in mind they don't have rumble or motion controls. Neither of those bother me particularly (at least for the games I play) and the massive improvement in comfort more than makes up for it.

Also, they do look ridiculous but miraculously the Switch still fits into the dock with them attached.

I’d be playing in bed so the rumble ain’t needed. Got nearly new pair off eBay for £25 delivered so worth a punt. 

2 hours ago, SMD said:

thought the original creator got shafted and has nothing to do with it now?

Pretty standard Nicalis practice, if so. See also: Cave Story.

44 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Pretty standard Nicalis practice, if so. See also: Cave Story.

the Cave Story, uh, story is really depressing and it's fucked up how they treated pixel.

So my launch switch now sounds like a jet engine whenever I use it. Anyone had any experience sending it to Nintendo for a fan issue? I see guides of how to replace it online but I think I'd be just as well getting the professionals to do it. Unless they charge £100 or something...