Nintendo Switch

I'm absolutely convinced they're going to announce Prime trilogy and it'll be available very soon - it's the 35th birthday of Zelda and Metroid this year and we'll see clips of both BOTW2 and MP4 and it will blow my mind.

After the jokes, it really does worry me that Nintendo think teasing a Smash something or other is the best they can do. Maybe they’re just trying to suppress hype and then blow it out of the park with BOTW2 footage. Right? Please.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much so I'll just stick to wanting BOTW 2 for this year, Odyssey 2 announcement, Prime Trilogy, Zelda 3D All Stars (Ocarina, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword), Mario Cars 9 and Hollow Knight Silksong available now. Oh and a load of JRPGs that nobody will actually play and another Fire Emblem character for Smash please and a new F Zero and Okami 2 and Rockstar Table Tennis 2.  

6 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

After the jokes, it really does worry me that Nintendo think teasing a Smash something or other is the best they can do. Maybe they’re just trying to suppress hype and then blow it out of the park with BOTW2 footage. Right? Please.

You’re already setting yourself up for disappointment since the Direct is for first half of 2021 stuff and BotW 2 seems very much like a November title. Would love to be wrong of course.

Of course they’re gonna mention Smash, it’s a huge seller and new fighter reveals create a load of hype/interest. It’s a Direct, they’re teasing 50 minutes of reveals, I’d say that’s plenty to get the hype machine going without needing to say more and spoil the surprises. Good or bad :p

27 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

You’re already setting yourself up for disappointment since the Direct is for first half of 2021 stuff and BotW 2 seems very much like a November title. Would love to be wrong of course.

Of course they’re gonna mention Smash, it’s a huge seller and new fighter reveals create a load of hype/interest. It’s a Direct, they’re teasing 50 minutes of reveals, I’d say that’s plenty to get the hype machine going without needing to say more and spoil the surprises. Good or bad :p

Oh I know. I've come to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised sometimes.

The thing with Smash though is that yes, it's massive. But it doesn't sell anything by now does it? Like I get it, Smash fans love it.  It everyone else sighs. That seems counter to all other content where even if the game it's about doesn't interest me I feel fine. Not depressed. Not annoyed. But Smash, god, reveal the name, a picture, then move on.

14 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Smash Brothers FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That times 1000. I could do without another Smash anything for the next few decades. 

More character reveals... is there anyone that isn’t on Smash?  It’s like those celebrity shows which the first series got some characters that were well known everyone is psyched to see them mentally break down on camera. But now in its 12th they are scraping beyond the barrel and are revealing some fucker who once appeared in an episode of Hollyoaks and expecting the audience to give a toss. 

6 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Oh I know. I've come to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised sometimes.

The thing with Smash though is that yes, it's massive. But it doesn't sell anything by now does it? Like I get it, Smash fans love it.  It everyone else sighs. That seems counter to all other content where even if the game it's about doesn't interest me I feel fine. Not depressed. Not annoyed. But Smash, god, reveal the name, a picture, then move on.

It's sold 22 million copies and is the third biggest game on Switch. People care. 

Xenoblade Chronicles X getting a release on Switch, fingers crossed.

And if that happens, we can start hoping for Pandoras Tower and Last Story from Wii to come over, seeing as XC: Definitive did alright :)

5 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

It's sold 22 million copies and is the third biggest game on Switch. People care. 

I agree. It's successful. But again who is this selling more copies to? If they showed me 20 minutes of a new kart in Mario Kart or a new outfit for Mario Odyssey I'd be just as bored and think it was a filler for a non-game specific video.

If they spend 2 minutes on it then of course no problem. If we get 15 minutes of it then I don't see what it does vs just dropping a separate video on YouTube.

1 minute ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

That times 1000. I could do without another Smash anything for the next few decades. 

More character reveals... is there anyone that isn’t on Smash?  It’s like those celebrity shows which the first series got some characters that were well known everyone is psyched to see them mentally break down on camera. But now in its 12th they are scraping beyond the barrel and are revealing some fucker who once appeared in an episode of Hollyoaks and expecting the audience to give a toss. 

Friendly reminder that the last DLC character was Sephiroth. Truly bargain basement.

I'm still all on board for Smash reveals. They often have great trailers, Sakurai is a master of openly mocking the hardcore fanbase and the way they incorporate the respective franchises into Smash is often a true labour of love. And I'll admit that I continue to get joy from those that are frustrated and wildly claim that no one is interested in Smash despite the fact the announcements and subsequent gameplay demonstration garner multiple millions of views apiece. Third best selling game on the system, all but guaranteed to remain in the Top 10 if not the Top 5 for the system's lifetime, it's almost guaranteed a slot in the Direct alongside AC, though both are big enough to have their own individual Mini Directs (and kind of do with their updates).

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

The tech wasn’t advanced enough or cost effective to do it in 2012, just look at the size of a Wii U. 

Yeah that's what I meant by too early. They should have sat on it for a generation really, did a Wii 2 (and not called it Wii for fucks sake) and then launch the switch in 2019 ahead of the other 2 again.

3 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

Friendly reminder that the last DLC character was Sephiroth. Truly bargain basement.

I'm still all on board for Smash reveals. They often have great trailers, Sakurai is a master of openly mocking the hardcore fanbase and the way they incorporate the respective franchises into Smash is often a true labour of love. And I'll admit that I continue to get joy from those that are frustrated and wildly claim that no one is interested in Smash despite the fact the announcements and subsequent gameplay demonstration garner multiple millions of views apiece. Third best selling game on the system, all but guaranteed to remain in the Top 10 if not the Top 5 for the system's lifetime, it's almost guaranteed a slot in the Direct alongside AC, though both are big enough to have their own individual Mini Directs (and kind of do with their updates).

Sephir-who? 

Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! Pokémon Pinball! 

Please.

PLEASE let this finally be the time for a shadow drop of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Or just announce a near date for it (as a shadow drop so close to the release of Super Mario 3D World would be very un-Nintendo). Rumours are that it's been ready for a year, give it to us!

2 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

PLEASE let this finally be the time for a shadow drop of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Or just announce a near date for it (as a shadow drop so close to the release of Super Mario 3D World would be very un-Nintendo). Rumours are that it's been ready for a year, give it to us!

Yeah I'm more hyped for it than anything else right now and feel like I've been edging for bloody months waiting for it!

Ooh, I'm hoping that we get an update (release date?) for NMH3 tomorrow. I imagine that there will be some Zelda info for the 35th anniversary, maybe a collection of some sorts, and fingers crossed for a BotW 2 trailer to end proceedings.