Nintendo Switch

18 minutes ago, esar said:

I have it on good authority that the Switch Pro will launch with extra flops under the flaps.

I would like to flip this flap to see the extra flops.

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

I would like to flip this flap to see the extra flops.

You will need to be wearing flip flops for the flaps to work.

I dunno guys. I'm flip flopping about whether there'll be extra flops under the flaps. What if when we flip the flap it turns out we're flopless?

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Well of course it would have nVidia Deep Learning *checks notes* Luper-Sampling 2.0, it can run on the large array of tensor cores a mobile chipset is bound to have.

One of nvidias mobile chips does have tensor cores on it.

You mean like a laptop chip or something like a tablet/phone? I know that some smartphone SoCs have some ML acceleration in there but I didn’t think nVidia’d brought it out that widely yet.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

You mean like a laptop chip or something like a tablet/phone? I know that some smartphone SoCs have some ML acceleration in there but I didn’t think nVidia’d brought it out that widely yet.

It was the xavier SOC's used on cars. Tegra class. Typicaly they run at 10 or 15 watts which is the same as the OG switch uses when docked.

I've got the Hori TPU rubber grip thing to make the Switch Lite a little grippier to hold.

Does anybody know if the console will still fit in the Hori carry case if that slip thing is kept on the console?

I see that Satisfye are finally selling the grips through Amazon in the UK. Pricing is £29 for the Switch Lite version and £31 for the Switch version.

Although expensive, I'm guessing this is the cheapest option to get one in the UK at the moment?

The Hori Split Pad is significantly better for handheld use than the Satisfye grip. I loved the Satisfye, it's really comfortable and only bought the Hori on a curious whim. Never gone back, two years on or something. The benefits of proper sticks, buttons and triggers are beyond comparison. 

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

The Hori Split Pad is significantly better for handheld use than the Satisfye grip. I loved the Satisfye, it's really comfortable and only bought the Hori on a curious whim. Never gone back, two years on or something. The benefits of proper sticks, buttons and triggers are beyond comparison. 

This.

I feel like this should just be in the signature of every post in the Switch thread. That and how to repair Joycon drift.

I’m pretty pleased because I sent my left joycon in to get fixed on the 4th and despite them saying there is a huge backlog and it would take about five weeks, they actually posted it back this morning. 

cant really see myself going back to using them after getting a pro controller though, it’s too good plus it doesn’t make my hands numb using it

50 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

I’m pretty pleased because I sent my left joycon in to get fixed on the 4th and despite them saying there is a huge backlog and it would take about five weeks, they actually posted it back this morning. 

cant really see myself going back to using them after getting a pro controller though, it’s too good plus it doesn’t make my hands numb using it

Yep the pro pad is fantastic. Haven’t used the joy cons since getting a second one as switch is almost permanently docked. 

I wasn't aware of the Hori Split pad until this thread so thanks for the tip! Are there any split pads that can double up as a proper pad when/if combined together for docked/free-standing mode? Is that even technically possible?

15 hours ago, drmick said:

I wasn't aware of the Hori Split pad until this thread so thanks for the tip! Are there any split pads that can double up as a proper pad when/if combined together for docked/free-standing mode? Is that even technically possible?

Yes, the joycon.

Went to play Animal Crossing last night and turning the Switch on it said my SD card wasn't recognised. It had been recognised all day, but not last night.

Anyway, reseating it didn't work, but a different card was fine. And the SD card when put in my Mac was fine.

Backed up the card, reformatted in the Switch, and then left it to download 450GB of games again.

Animals are fine, thankfully.

Pretty excited for this. Really curious about how substantial the Bowser's Fury part is too though I expect they'd have made it a full priced game of its own if it were massive.

I'm happy just to play through it all again, especially if it's still significantly faster than the original.

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’ve never played it so the additional material is a superb bonus, I expect this will do really well. 

Despite Mario 3D land being my favourite Mario I didn’t get on that well with this one on release for some reason, I think I just had too many other games to play and not enough time. I’m looking forward to going back in, I reckon it will be much better suited to handheld gaming.