Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:


Hmm I don’t get lag using my PS gold headset and dongle with the Switch. 

I think it’s just this dongle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

Arrived Earlier. Going to start it later :)

Megaman X Legacy.

IMG_20200704_183713.jpg

Bringing in the Megaman love 

 

097E5F3C-3D41-4695-9627-672710858BA2.thumb.jpeg.4929310eab2d86aff364a74483e40f1e.jpeg
36E15697-6295-48E0-86E3-CFDFA8D47C02.thumb.jpeg.2aa72c4473fec8087fe0f71ce47e7b28.jpeg

 

We all sleep with our Megamans! 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Bringing in the Megaman love 

 

097E5F3C-3D41-4695-9627-672710858BA2.thumb.jpeg.4929310eab2d86aff364a74483e40f1e.jpeg
36E15697-6295-48E0-86E3-CFDFA8D47C02.thumb.jpeg.2aa72c4473fec8087fe0f71ce47e7b28.jpeg

 

We all sleep with our Megamans! 

Love that <3

I played the original in 87. Been a fan since.

There are so many I haven't played though.

I've always wanted to try zero....thought I'd go X first, never played a 32bit Megaman.

I need to pick up Megaman 8 it's way cheaper on American ps1.

 

I bought the first one on GameCube bitd.

 

.looking forward to the X series, the last time I played the original x game was on psp, years ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

Arrived Earlier. Going to start it later :)

Megaman X Legacy.

IMG_20200704_183713.jpg

How small is your bed?

 

How does one get a joy con fixed for free?  mine has the drift thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Droo said:

How small is your bed?

 

How does one get a joy con fixed for free?  mine has the drift thing...

 

Just a single :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get that special version of WD 40 @gone fishin' mentioned previously. The recalibration didn't work and things are worse now with the stick drift. Good job we are only really playing Animal Crossing on it at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Droo said:

How does one get a joy con fixed for free?  mine has the drift thing...


Just book a repair through Nintendo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:


Just book a repair through Nintendo 

 

I think it will probably depend on the games in question. Racing and side scrolling will take their toll on the joycons imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Droo said:

How small is your bed?

 

How does one get a joy con fixed for free?  mine has the drift thing...

I have just submitted the form to book an "assessment" for my joycon through the Service Centre at the link below (waiting for an email back)

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repair/11

 

Edit: And they do say they require a proof of purchase which I don't think I can find which is a pain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I need to get that special version of WD 40 @gone fishin' mentioned previously. The recalibration didn't work and things are worse now with the stick drift. Good job we are only really playing Animal Crossing on it at the moment.


Cheapest place I found it was £4.40 at Wickes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I have just submitted the form to book an "assessment" for my joycon through the Service Centre at the link below (waiting for an email back)

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repair/11

 

Edit: And they do say they require a proof of purchase which I don't think I can find which is a pain.

 


For what it’s worth I didn’t provide proof of purchase and they fixed my left joycon fine. Having said that, I sent mine for repair within a year of the European launch date, so there was no question it was still within warranty. :)

 

Drift is usually caused by crap getting under the rubber skirt of the joystick and can be easily fixed with a spray of contact cleaner. Nintendo might fix it, but it’ll take longer than doing it yourself. The ‘known issue‘ with Joycons is their awful wireless - Nintendo will definitely fix this for free, I’m not sure about drift. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers guys, I already have the standard WD40 (blue and yellow can) so will get some Contact Cleaner as the blue and yellow only helps with lubrication according to this video from WD40 themselves (probably wanting to sell more cans of their stuff at the expense of us poor Switch owners)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Cheers guys, I already have the standard WD40 (blue and yellow can) so will get some Contact Cleaner as the blue and yellow only helps with lubrication according to this video from WD40 themselves (probably wanting to sell more cans of their stuff at the expense of us poor Switch owners)

 

 

You definitely don't want to use standard WD40 on electronics. It's designed to lubricate and to repell water. By contrast, contact cleaner evaporates almost immediately after washing the gunk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2020 at 17:58, WizRider said:

I bought my lad one of these for Christmas and it's REALLY good.

 

It has NFC for Amiibos and full gyro support too.  Really impressed for the price.

Thanks for the great recommendation, got mine ordered Friday on a lightening deal for £18 arrived Saturday and seems a great controller. Can now send my pro and two sets of joycons to nintendo for repair.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter’s Switch developed the dreaded drift on the left controller. Amazon have official Zelda / Mario left joycons for under £30 (has a proper d-pad too) so I ordered one of them for her while the other is away getting fixed. 
If the right stick develops a fault at some point, I’ll cross that bridge then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every joycon I've ever owned has developed drift problems (2 separate pairs, left AND right).

Even my split pad pro (or whatever it's called) has drift on the right stick now. It's crazy. I've only owned a Switch for a year and a half.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donpeartree said:

Every joycon I've ever owned has developed drift problems (2 separate pairs, left AND right).

Even my split pad pro (or whatever it's called) has drift on the right stick now. It's crazy. I've only owned a Switch for a year and a half.

 

They do seem fragile. I've had mine for a couple of weeks. Tempted to buy the official controller at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all - so I have just bought a new and improved batteried switch. Been a while. I want to buy some of the obvious games, wheres the best eshop to buy them now? is it even still possible to buy from other regions? thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't stand DKC myself but I know it has fans:

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love DKC, but the online updates and choices are really lacking.

 

Despite having the best catalogue of games, decades of them, it's amazing how badly they always fumble the online retro catalogue.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realise there was a NES version of The Immortal. That's going to be shite compared to the MD version surely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, deKay said:

Can't stand DKC myself but I know it has fans:

 

 

HOLY SHIT! THE IMMORTAL!!!!

 

YASSSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stanshall said:

@Ghosty Pro Controller is far superior and never had any issues with it. 

 

D-pad is crap though. Messes up things like Tetris, randomly registers a down when you do an across. Nintendo dropping the ball on controller quality, surprising to see.

 

I had two left joycons get drift, one stop connecting. Fixed one myself by replacing the stick, another with just the contact cleaner, and the third got fixed by Nintendo (they returned it as 'no fault found'.. but it was fixed!). Right ones have been pretty much ok - less action I guess?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, deKay said:

I didn't realise there was a NES version of The Immortal. That's going to be shite compared to the MD version surely.

 

I got a bit carried away and thought there was a SNES version I didn't know about... it's the NES one.  Graphically obviously no where near as good and doesn't have the AMAZING finishing moves. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro controller d-pad is awful but can be made 'fine' with the tape fix. Really shouldn't be needed with the prices Nintendo are asking, though.

 

The Switch is easily a top three console of all time for me, but the general build quality of the hardware is diabolical. It's pretty obvious they were rushing the thing out the door to get rid of the Wii U as soon as possible. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

That's true, the D-pad is dogshit. 

 

I've played loads of games with it. It's my preferred way to play things like Bloodstained where both digital and analogue "work" but clearly they're digital games.

 

All the SNES and NES games, and completed about 20 of the Mega Drive Classics games. Plus Shantae, Wulverblade, all three Baobab's Mausoleums, all the Picrosseses, Flashback, Sega AGES stuff like Sonic, Sonic 2, Alex Kidd, Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Also Monster Boy, all the Gunvolt games, Blaster Master Zero, Code of Princess, Whipseey, Celeste, Hyper Sentinel, River City Girls, Gato Roboto, etc. etc.

 

Basically any game with digital controls. Never had a single problem with the d-pad.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.