Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Seem to remember watching 5 or 6 episodes of the Anime many years back ( it's the one with fighting outfits is'nt it? ) , if so, I should really get round to playing this AND watching the rest of that, it seemed rather over the top and enjoyable :)

Yes,  ideally I'm going to enjoy the game then check out the amine...

The demo is great....I think I get what the reviewers are saying.

I'm sure I'd get a lot out of the full game though.

On our second Switch i have finally managed to log in (Nintendo had to turn off 2FA) so i've set it up user wise exactly the same as the fist one. My son is under my account, i have  bought AC digitally and he plays it.

On the second Switch it says (when he tries to play it) :This user cannot play this software. If you have not purchased the software, you can do so from the Nintendo eShop.

Anyone know why that is? Very odd.

Sorted it - did the primary console thing.

4 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

'm sure I'd get a lot out of the full game though.

I’m not sure you would - it’s only about three hours long and only about 45 minutes of that is gameplay.

24 minutes ago, deKay said:

I’m not sure you would - it’s only about three hours long and only about 45 minutes of that is gameplay.

I can pick it up for £20 digitally or physical...is it worth that?

Thank you for heads up on that too.

9 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

I can pick it up for £20 digitally or physical...is it worth that?

Thank you for heads up on that too.

I've only played the demo and read the reviews, but unless you're a massive fan of the anime (and this is, I believe, a Marvel What If? style story so it isn't even canon) then what I've read suggests it's too short and nowhere near as satisfying a 3D fighter as others. Framerate isn't great either, if that's the sort of thing that bothers you.

On 02/08/2020 at 23:13, Protocol Penguin said:

I’ve asked this on another thread but does anyone know how to get my Switch saves back from the cartridges somehow? I system transferred from my old, worn out Switch to a new one earlier, and all of my saves are gone nowhere to be found on the new machine what’ve cartridge I put in, everything, my Animal Crossing village and  all my Pokemon saves. I’m absolutely gutted and don’t know what to do.

I can see why you thought it would work based on the 3DS, but the Switch doesn't write saves to cartridge at all, they are always on the main storage of the console.

(I feel like this is a problem waiting to happen as well - saves have to be in the main storage, not the SD card. As time moves on, your main storage is going to be too full for any more saves. Ninty really took cracking via save modification badly!)

On 03/08/2020 at 10:27, Rex Grossman said:

Nintendo said they are introducing a system to transfer AC saves later this year.

They only introduced cloud saves last week. Did you complete a cloud save?

Is this 2 separate points, i.e. they only introduced cloud saves recently or do you mean just for Animal Crossing? I transferred saves between systems before then.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

Is this 2 separate points, i.e. they only introduced cloud saves recently or do you mean just for Animal Crossing? I transferred saves between systems before then.

Yeah, I mean the cloud saves for AC are brand new.

4 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I can see why you thought it would work based on the 3DS, but the Switch doesn't write saves to cartridge at all, they are always on the main storage of the console.

(I feel like this is a problem waiting to happen as well - saves have to be in the main storage, not the SD card. As time moves on, your main storage is going to be too full for any more saves. Ninty really took cracking via save modification badly!)

27GB of save games is one hell of a lot of save games. Even a Minecraft save is under 700MB (unless corrupted) and that’s 10-100 times larger than most saves.

Plus you can back them up online.

On 03/08/2020 at 18:26, RastanSaga said:

Anyone played kill la kill? I downloaded the demo last night.

Spent a bit of time on it...like it...the only other arena type game I played like this was jojo on Ps4...

I don't know either anime. Going to pick up the full game.

I had it, it’s not bad but a little shallow and the arenas are pretty drab. Some real variation in the fighters, mind.

If you wanted an anime arena fighter I’d say get My Hero Ones Justice 2, which has a lot more content and is more fun. A real looker, too.

It's not REALLY cloud saves for AC though I believe in that to get them I think you have to contact support and beg and you still can't share an island between 2 Switches.

Which is why Nintendo don’t use the term cloud save to describe it. They very clearly say it’s a backup and explain it isn’t for syncing, just for if your Switch is broken or lost.

15 hours ago, deKay said:

27GB of save games is one hell of a lot of save games. Even a Minecraft save is under 700MB (unless corrupted) and that’s 10-100 times larger than most saves.

Multiplied by each user of the system, too. Not saying it'll be soon, but it's an iceberg on the far horizon.

15 hours ago, deKay said:

Plus you can back them up online.

If you pay for it!

A lot of those are wrong. Animal Crossing is more than 15 years old. Unless they’re just referring to specific titles rather than series, which seems odd and makes it much easier to hand pick to make things look like and anniversary. I mean, FIFA ‘95 is 25. Wow. 

Wild World was a lot of people’s first AC game but they’re hardly going to do something special for that. I don’t know what the chart is meant to say except “Nintendo sure did release a lot of games”.

New Nintendo financials are out, basically everything prints money and they’ve crossed the 60m mark on Switch hardware.

AC Wild World did come out in 2005. The series itself is at least 19 years old though going by the release of the original game in Japan (hit our shores sometime in 2003 i think).

4 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

AC Wild World did come out in 2005. The series itself is at least 19 years old though going by the release of the original game in Japan (hit our shores sometime in 2003 i think).

Late 2004.

It was one of the first games I ever considered importing. By the time of the PAL release, the DS version was already announced and I figured I’d wait for that. :/

On 04/08/2020 at 23:20, deKay said:

Which is why Nintendo don’t use the term cloud save to describe it. They very clearly say it’s a backup and explain it isn’t for syncing, just for if your Switch is broken or lost.

A question about this (not sure if it's know).  While the blurb specifically only mentions broken or lost, what happens if you simply buy a new switch?  Decide you want a Lite after having an original model, or just want a funky new special edition.  Can you restore your island to a new Switch this way?  Or is there already a method to do this?

5 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

A question about this (not sure if it's know).  While the blurb specifically only mentions broken or lost, what happens if you simply buy a new switch?  Decide you want a Lite after having an original model, or just want a funky new special edition.  Can you restore your island to a new Switch this way?  Or is there already a method to do this?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons does not support the ability to transfer your save file from one Nintendo Switch console to another. However, a function specific to Animal Crossing: New Horizons to move users and save data to another console is planned in the future.

More details

3 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Late 2004.

It was one of the first games I ever considered importing. By the time of the PAL release, the DS version was already announced and I figured I’d wait for that. :/

Was sure it was earlier as my ex used to play it drunk at 3am and shout abuse at penguins. Then I remembered I had a US cube and got stuff from that Canadian place so that’ll be why. Must have had it around ‘02 or ‘03. 

12 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Late 2004.

PAL release was 2003. *UK* release was late 2004.

But yeah, like everyone else I got the US version in 2002.