Nintendo Switch

I’d hoped that after the MP4 fiasco they’d be wary of making announcements too far in advance and that it was already well into development - I’m hoping that’s the case and it’s out this year but being honest I doubt it really. 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I’d hoped that after the MP4 fiasco they’d be wary of making announcements too far in advance and that it was already well into development - I’m hoping that’s the case and it’s out this year but being honest I doubt it really. 

I think it's quite far along - didn't some voice actors recently leak that they'd done their work on it?

My personal opinion, if they think they need it in the face of XSX and PS5 they'll roll out BOTW2. If they think they can get away without it, i.e. still sell hardware at a decent level, they'll ride out the next-gen launches with something like the Mario Collection and give BOTW2 a bit more time in the oven.

I think the whole reason we don't know when it's launching yet, is that Nintendo is waiting to see what the others are hitting with this holiday and then making a decision off that.

20 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I think the whole reason we don't know when it's launching yet, is that Nintendo is waiting to see what the others are hitting with this holiday and then making a decision off that.

They're going to need a big hitter to go up against Bugsnax

The Switch is selling like mad, I wonder if Nintendo are deliberately holding off on some of their bigger titles to drive sales when that calms down a bit? I'd bet software sales are up too in in the absence of much new. 

Would Mercury Stream count as one of these “partners?“ Could a new Metroid by them be a “one last thing?” If the whole thing wasn’t just 10 minutes long, I’d start to belE3ve :ph34r:

There’s no way BotW 2 is going to be released this year. 

Some more details of Silksong, and a release window (if not date) would be extremely welcome. If I had that I wouldn’t need no steenking Zelda. 

4 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

If they’re previously announced games, I don’t see why they couldn’t just say what they are instead of cruelly giving me a few hours of hyping myself into believing that Shin Megami Tensei V isn’t vapourware

Oh...

That Japanese Direct is so much better. That first game does look probably the best thing shown off. 

Cool that SMT exists and is not vapourware. 

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is due for a localised release on 10th Nov. 

Why they didn't show that off, I do not know. 

That was absolutely stinking. WWF Battlegrounds trailer was the cringiest, most nauseating thing I have seen in the video game space in a long time. Also, who gives a flying flip about another multiplayer shooter. Big F. 

Watched the JP one, Atelier looks good, as did the first, Sakura game.
Crypt of the Necrodancer getting a physical release?

SMT V... absolutely CAN NOT WAIT!! And the HD remaster of Nocturne is something I'll check out.

Now to see what the European one is, feeling it's going to be a let down after that.