Jump to content
IGNORED

Nintendo Switch


deKay
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I need to get that special version of WD 40 @gone fishin' mentioned previously. The recalibration didn't work and things are worse now with the stick drift. Good job we are only really playing Animal Crossing on it at the moment.


Cheapest place I found it was £4.40 at Wickes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I have just submitted the form to book an "assessment" for my joycon through the Service Centre at the link below (waiting for an email back)

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repair/11

 

Edit: And they do say they require a proof of purchase which I don't think I can find which is a pain.

 


For what it’s worth I didn’t provide proof of purchase and they fixed my left joycon fine. Having said that, I sent mine for repair within a year of the European launch date, so there was no question it was still within warranty. :)

 

Drift is usually caused by crap getting under the rubber skirt of the joystick and can be easily fixed with a spray of contact cleaner. Nintendo might fix it, but it’ll take longer than doing it yourself. The ‘known issue‘ with Joycons is their awful wireless - Nintendo will definitely fix this for free, I’m not sure about drift. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers guys, I already have the standard WD40 (blue and yellow can) so will get some Contact Cleaner as the blue and yellow only helps with lubrication according to this video from WD40 themselves (probably wanting to sell more cans of their stuff at the expense of us poor Switch owners)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Cheers guys, I already have the standard WD40 (blue and yellow can) so will get some Contact Cleaner as the blue and yellow only helps with lubrication according to this video from WD40 themselves (probably wanting to sell more cans of their stuff at the expense of us poor Switch owners)

 

 

You definitely don't want to use standard WD40 on electronics. It's designed to lubricate and to repell water. By contrast, contact cleaner evaporates almost immediately after washing the gunk away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/06/2020 at 17:58, WizRider said:

I bought my lad one of these for Christmas and it's REALLY good.

 

It has NFC for Amiibos and full gyro support too.  Really impressed for the price.

Thanks for the great recommendation, got mine ordered Friday on a lightening deal for £18 arrived Saturday and seems a great controller. Can now send my pro and two sets of joycons to nintendo for repair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter’s Switch developed the dreaded drift on the left controller. Amazon have official Zelda / Mario left joycons for under £30 (has a proper d-pad too) so I ordered one of them for her while the other is away getting fixed. 
If the right stick develops a fault at some point, I’ll cross that bridge then...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every joycon I've ever owned has developed drift problems (2 separate pairs, left AND right).

Even my split pad pro (or whatever it's called) has drift on the right stick now. It's crazy. I've only owned a Switch for a year and a half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donpeartree said:

Every joycon I've ever owned has developed drift problems (2 separate pairs, left AND right).

Even my split pad pro (or whatever it's called) has drift on the right stick now. It's crazy. I've only owned a Switch for a year and a half.

 

They do seem fragile. I've had mine for a couple of weeks. Tempted to buy the official controller at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Stanshall said:

@Ghosty Pro Controller is far superior and never had any issues with it. 

 

D-pad is crap though. Messes up things like Tetris, randomly registers a down when you do an across. Nintendo dropping the ball on controller quality, surprising to see.

 

I had two left joycons get drift, one stop connecting. Fixed one myself by replacing the stick, another with just the contact cleaner, and the third got fixed by Nintendo (they returned it as 'no fault found'.. but it was fixed!). Right ones have been pretty much ok - less action I guess?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, deKay said:

I didn't realise there was a NES version of The Immortal. That's going to be shite compared to the MD version surely.

 

I got a bit carried away and thought there was a SNES version I didn't know about... it's the NES one.  Graphically obviously no where near as good and doesn't have the AMAZING finishing moves. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pro controller d-pad is awful but can be made 'fine' with the tape fix. Really shouldn't be needed with the prices Nintendo are asking, though.

 

The Switch is easily a top three console of all time for me, but the general build quality of the hardware is diabolical. It's pretty obvious they were rushing the thing out the door to get rid of the Wii U as soon as possible. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

That's true, the D-pad is dogshit. 

 

I've played loads of games with it. It's my preferred way to play things like Bloodstained where both digital and analogue "work" but clearly they're digital games.

 

All the SNES and NES games, and completed about 20 of the Mega Drive Classics games. Plus Shantae, Wulverblade, all three Baobab's Mausoleums, all the Picrosseses, Flashback, Sega AGES stuff like Sonic, Sonic 2, Alex Kidd, Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Also Monster Boy, all the Gunvolt games, Blaster Master Zero, Code of Princess, Whipseey, Celeste, Hyper Sentinel, River City Girls, Gato Roboto, etc. etc.

 

Basically any game with digital controls. Never had a single problem with the d-pad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deKay said:

 

I've played loads of games with it. It's my preferred way to play things like Bloodstained where both digital and analogue "work" but clearly they're digital games.

 

All the SNES and NES games, and completed about 20 of the Mega Drive Classics games. Plus Shantae, Wulverblade, all three Baobab's Mausoleums, all the Picrosseses, Flashback, Sega AGES stuff like Sonic, Sonic 2, Alex Kidd, Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Also Monster Boy, all the Gunvolt games, Blaster Master Zero, Code of Princess, Whipseey, Celeste, Hyper Sentinel, River City Girls, Gato Roboto, etc. etc.

 

Basically any game with digital controls. Never had a single problem with the d-pad.

 

I completely believe you, but it's still basically a gummy bear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

HOLY SHIT! THE IMMORTAL!!!!

 

YASSSSS

 

Ah, c'mon - that was a typical insta-kill memory test, like Rick Dangerous; great (isometric in this case) graphics with trial-and-error gameplay, wasn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smac said:

 

Ah, c'mon - that was a typical insta-kill memory test, like Rick Dangerous; great (isometric in this case) graphics with trial-and-error gameplay, wasn't it?

 

yeah - it was.  Just has a special place in my heart.  My brother and I played it for hours and hours to completion back in the day on the megadrive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gambit said:

I love DKC, but the online updates and choices are really lacking.

 

Despite having the best catalogue of games, decades of them, it's amazing how badly they always fumble the online retro catalogue.


Not sure about that. They’ve chosen some really interesting deep cuts the last few updates and I’ve enjoyed the space they get to play them properly rather than 2 mins and move on. 

 

I think some people just expect a dump of the entire catalogue maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:


Not sure about that. They’ve chosen some really interesting deep cuts the last few updates and I’ve enjoyed the space they get to play them properly rather than 2 mins and move on. 

 

I think some people just expect a dump of the entire catalogue maybe?

 

Not the entire catalogue obviously but 3 titles per month is slim pickings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.