Nintendo Switch

deKay

23 minutes ago, DC said:

A guy at Tesco was buying a Switch when I was there and HotUKDeals said Smyths have them now, if anyone cares.

The Joycons are £60 in Tesco. Not sure on the console itself though. I tend to favor Argos as I like to click and collect while doing my shopping.

If I unlink my son's Nintendo account from the Switch profile, and link a different account instead, will his saves remain intact? 

The old account was created as a child account through mine online. But when we setup the Pokémon Home app on my old phone for him, I stupidily put his real birth date and that's locked him out of being able to trade, which is the half the point of Home. Wife made him a new nintendo account (like actual one, with his email) which I also need to link to the family account for online, and is what she used to get him signed into Home on his phone. 

What a real dick move from Nintendo. I only bought 51 Worldwide Games because ShopTo offered it for what I considered to be a fair price. This new policy will result in me buying fewer Switch games, and Nintendo therefore getting less of my money. Congrats.

I picked up a Switch again last week, having sold my first one last year. I've played through Links Awakening (still brilliant), but noticed every now and then when moving up, Link would jump between a walk and sprint. I then started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and instantly found it to be nearly unplayable as moving forwards was seemingly stuck in a stuttering walk. On updating the controller software and trying to calibrate, it seems the stick cannot register being pushed directly forwards for some reason. I knew about Joycon drift but not Joycon simply not working.

Any solutions beyond sending it to Nintendo?

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I picked up a Switch again last week, having sold my first one last year. I've played through Links Awakening (still brilliant), but noticed every now and then when moving up, Link would jump between a walk and sprint. I then started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and instantly found it to be nearly unplayable as moving forwards was seemingly stuck in a stuttering walk. On updating the controller software and trying to calibrate, it seems the stick cannot register being pushed directly forwards for some reason. I knew about Joycon drift but not Joycon simply not working.

Any solutions beyond sending it to Nintendo?

You could try the usual DIY things for joycon drift - compressed air or contact cleaner. That has worked for me on an older joycon but it didn't work for my launch Switch Lite which couldn't reliably push to the left. That had to go to Nintendo for a 7-week (!) repair last autumn.

4 hours ago, Eighthours said:

What a real dick move from Nintendo. I only bought 51 Worldwide Games because ShopTo offered it for what I considered to be a fair price. This new policy will result in me buying fewer Switch games, and Nintendo therefore getting less of my money. Congrats.

Yeah - same here. Read some positive reviews on day 1 and saw Shop-to digitial price that made by impulse buy-it that night.

I wouldn't have paid full whack on e-shop and supect I'd have lost the impulse if I'd had to order a slightly discounted phsyical copy which I wouldn't have got until Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Anyone know where I can get one of the Hori blue dpad joycons? Can only find Amazon doing them and £43 seems steep.

The themed ones are all £20-25 but not to my taste. 

Did they actually release the blue one in the west? I'm guessing that's an import price.

4 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Anyone know where I can get one of the Hori blue dpad joycons? Can only find Amazon doing them and £43 seems steep.

The themed ones are all £20-25 but not to my taste. 

Get a Dpad shell from Amazon and swap them over?

6 hours ago, Eighthours said:

What a real dick move from Nintendo.

Do we actually know this is the case - I mean CDKeys haven't said anything have they? For all we know ShopTo might have been doing something wrong, been given multiple prior warnings etc.

While probably right, and it just really is Nintendo being Nintendo, let's not leap too hastily to a judgement given we don't even fully know one side of the argument (let alone two) as yet.

Has any other online retailer said anything similar so far?

Am I looking for a particular micro sd card?

I. Bought Wolfenstein youngblood from cdkeys earlier.

I've pretty much had to archive everything else!

Advice appreciated.

I've searched and even on eBay it looks like some are actually branded for switch.

Thought I'd ask as I know you will know what's best.

Thank you x

For those that don't know all Nintendo is doing regarding 3rd party codes is exactly the same shit Sony does. It's utter bullshit of course. 

Oh and crysis remastered is 27 quid on switch. Which is okay and a mile better than EA and Burnout remastered.

8 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

Am I looking for a particular micro sd card?

I. Bought Wolfenstein youngblood from cdkeys earlier.

I've pretty much had to archive everything else!

Advice appreciated.

I've searched and even on eBay it looks like some are actually branded for switch.

Thought I'd ask as I know you will know what's best.

Thank you x

I grabbed this recently, you'll want this sort of rated card for quick read speeds 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073JYC4XM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

16 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Ta - so they are just stopping their own Nintendo published titles then - not all titles full stop. And they are still allowing eshop credit, online memberships etc

It did note, however, that retailers will still be able to sell digital download codes for third-party titles as well as for Nintendo eShop funds, Nintendo Switch Online memberships, and DLC add-on content such as the recent Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass.

A shame, but not quite as drastic as ShopTo might have you think - I mean, they can still choose to sell credit, DLC, and 3rd-party titles if they want to, it's not a total banhammer.

You have to think this is goign to be tied somehow to the 'voucher' system - I think they want to drive first-party sales through that if they can.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

You have to think this is goign to be tied somehow to the 'voucher' system - I think they want to drive first-party sales through that if they can.

The voucher system they've already axed in other regions?

Just now, deKay said:

The voucher system they've already axed in other regions?

Not axed no - it's still running in EMEA and APAC - just not in NA (where it always had a fixed end date the other regions didn't). And this 'ban' is just for EMEA, where that scheme is still running.... so yeah.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Ta - so they are just stopping their own Nintendo published titles then - not all titles full stop. And they are still allowing eshop credit, online memberships etc

A shame, but not quite as drastic as ShopTo might have you think - I mean, they can still choose to sell credit and 3rd-party titles if they want to, it's not a total banhammer.

More than a shame. It's awful for the consumer. About an extra £10 a game. Some games had an even bigger saving and I only buy digital. And to be honest I mainly just buy Nintendo titles on the Switch so pretty much a blanket ban for me.

Plus it's now going to drive people to buying more games from other countries eshops which will likely cost them more money in the long run unless they plan on dropping prices.