Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Know this is off track for this thread, but have you tried Reverie on the Vita, its like a love child of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Earthbound.

No. But I will check it out. 

The full size consoles really are hard to find aint they!? Trying to find one for a friend, and there's nothing! What surprises me is nowhere is really offering a pre-order list so they can get peoples names in a line. Only place I've spotted doing that is Shop-To, but that's a "we don't know when they will be in and it could be 6 or more weeks" list.

1 hour ago, Mr Tony said:

The full size consoles really are hard to find aint they!? Trying to find one for a friend, and there's nothing! What surprises me is nowhere is really offering a pre-order list so they can get peoples names in a line. Only place I've spotted doing that is Shop-To, but that's a "we don't know when they will be in and it could be 6 or more weeks" list.

Stockinformer's your friend. My brother got one from Nintendo's store through there a few weeks back.

I thought some peeps might find this useful in regards to the Genki dock when I was talking about how difficult it is to change the travel adapter heads and if anyone else is buying one. I ended up messaging Human Things (the Genki people) on their Kickstarter page as there's no actual documentation as to how you change the heads. This is what they came back with:

Thanks for writing in. Yes the plugs are indeed tight and we built them that way for several reasons. However we definitely should have included better instructions for removal. Basically, grab onto the adapter head, twist and pull upwards - similar to wringing a wet towel. Feel free to ignore the small black tab - this part does not impact removal of the dock AT ALL. It was built for certification purposes. You also do not need to pry it up to wedge the adapters off - wring it like a towel and that will work. The adapters do loosen up with time, but we built them to be on the tight side as we didn't want to sacrifice any power connectivity issues. Let us know if that works and thanks for supporting us!

EDIT: I thought I'd just add to this rather than swamping another post on it. Their Kickstarter email just came through and mentioned this as well as a gif of how they do it:

spacer.png

Edited by Spiceymike
Added image & additional info
5 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 17.49.47.png

I'd love to be inside EA. Stadia is now going to get more EA support than Switch - including Star Wars and Madden. Those are both titles I think most folks would expect to play well to the Switch audience (even a legacy release of something like Madden you'd have to expect to sell relatively well). Somebody, someday, better write a damn good book that explains quite why the cut runs soooo deep between those two.

25 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I'd love to be inside EA. Stadia is now going to get more EA support than Switch - including Star Wars and Madden. Those are both titles I think most folks would expect to play well to the Switch audience (even a legacy release of something like Madden you'd have to expect to sell relatively well). Somebody, someday, better write a damn good book that explains quite why the cut runs soooo deep between those two.

I expect it's mostly one of EA and money. Google will have handed EA a bunch of cash to get their content onto Stadia. Of course I'm guessing EA access or whatever it's called will make its way into stadia at some point.

Is there a nice way to buy digital games as gifts on the Switch?  My daughter wants Stardew Valley for her birthday, and not sure the best way to do it, short of giving her the money to buy it for herself (which is a bit rubbish).

2 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Is there a nice way to buy digital games as gifts on the Switch?  My daughter wants Stardew Valley for her birthday, and not sure the best way to do it, short of giving her the money to buy it for herself (which is a bit rubbish).

Buy a code from cdkeys and make a mocked up case?

Full size switches are back in stock at ao.com for £280 right now. 

Also you can get £7.80 cashback if you signup to TopCashback through a referal link (£2.80 if just normal signup).

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/tonydanger - Sign up there and you'll get a £5 bonus

https://ao.com/product/10002208-nintendo-console-multi-colour-72864-291.aspx - Switch here for £280

17 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

Those didn’t last long. 

You're not kidding! Game.co.uk have them in stock in bundles with 2 games at £390. That's the only place I can see them at the moment.

On 29/04/2020 at 12:15, Stanley said:

Yeah FIFA is on there and Sims (possibly) they’re a weird company. 

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/burnout/burnout-paradise-remastered/buy/nintendo-switch

Pre-order Burnout Paradise for £45.

Odd price point wonder if this is EA tax or Nintendo tax or both. It's a great game and it would be nice to have it on Switch but £45 is a bit too much for me for a game I played some 12 years ago now on the PS3. 

I ought to know this having posted a billion times in this thread, but what is the best option for a second dock that isn't 90 quid, please?

I am tempted to just get the official one but I feel like punching myself in the face every time I consider it.