rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

14 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Faulty joycons...

We had one repaired when it was 4 months old (within warranty). The replacement has now developed the same fault after 10 months. The warranty on the Switch will have expired by now, any idea what Nintendo are likely to do re the repair?

Crap time to happen - the website says they are doing their stock take so it’ll be 3 weeks and with the lockdown I imagine it might just not happen or be even longer than that. The boy will be upset :( 

edit - what’s the fix you can do yourself? And I think I’ll call them in the morning to see if they can say what the deal is

What’s the fault? 

31 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Oh yeah sorry, the stick drifting thing

That’s WD40 contact cleaner sprayed under the skirt, isn’t it? 

Not to be confused with the oil. 

19 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

The replacement has now developed the same fault after 10 months.

The repair should be covered for 12 months.

Nintendo Warranty

For all repaired Products, Nintendo will extend its standard Nintendo Warranty by a period of 12 months from the date that your Product is returned to you, as confirmed by the letter accompanying your returned Product. Please ensure that you keep this letter safe as it must be presented along with your original proof of purchase on any subsequent claim under the Nintendo Warranty.

Further information about the standard Nintendo warranty can be found on the relevant product page at http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support.

5 hours ago, shirubagan said:

The repair should be covered for 12 months.

You were correct, thanks. I spoke to them this morning and got it sent off :) 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Beautiful! I had to delay delivery to tomorrow because I wasn't at home today but I'm excited. How's the art book and jigsaw?

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Beautiful! I had to delay delivery to tomorrow because I wasn't at home today but I'm excited. How's the art book and jigsaw?

The art book is great, not looked at the jigsaw yet. 

DSC_0152.JPG

Got my animal crossing switch coming from Amazon Germany... does anyone know if it’ll have a UK Plug adaptor in the box ?

5 minutes ago, museman123 said:

Got my animal crossing switch coming from Amazon Germany... does anyone know if it’ll have a UK Plug adaptor in the box ?

No chance.

• Upvote 1

My AC switch is coming today. I'll be transfering my accounts over from the old one. Does anyone know if the sd card data is account tiedorf machine tied? I suspect the later which is a ballache but fine. I only need to download AC today :)

• Upvote 1

Ah, cool. So the AC Switch doesn't come with a preloaded digi copy of the game, then? Or does a transfer magically not delete the game?

Edit: Why am I not googling this, it's a pet hate of mine that people ask questions on the quiet forum instead of typing that question into google for an immediate result. :D I see it's a download code that's included, that's good.

41 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Ignore this

OK!

25 minutes ago, deKay said:

OK!

Sorry, I just bought a Switch lite and had a rant about the amount of faffing about there is to link an old account. I got it sorted anyway. How about that Tetris 99 eh? I also like the amount of Nes and Snes games there is.

I bought Xenoblade 2 also, it looks fantastic.

Carry on.

5 hours ago, dave7g said:

Sorry, I just bought a Switch lite and had a rant about the amount of faffing about there is to link an old account. I got it sorted anyway. How about that Tetris 99 eh? I also like the amount of Nes and Snes games there is.

I bought Xenoblade 2 also, it looks fantastic.

Carry on.

Great choices, welcome to the best console (family) ever made :)

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

FAQ: How do I stop from having to log-in each time to the store?

Go into then eshop, click on your icon at the top right, then scroll down and change password for login to skip.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Great choices, welcome to the best console (family) ever made :)

I'm very impressed with it, been playing xenoblade for hours now. And believe me I fucking hated the Wii U.

• Upvote 1

There's a demo of Disaster Report 4 on the store. I appreciate that I'm probably one of a small minority that loved SOS: The Final Escape and Raw Danger on the PS2, but this is a sequel to those for anyone interested. :omg:

• Upvote 2

Thanks, I've always wanted to play one of these. But - morally - is it okay to close Animal Crossing?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, friedgold said:

Thanks, I've always wanted to play one of these. But - morally - is it okay to close Animal Crossing?

Just buy a second Switch. One for AC, one for everything else.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, mdn2 said:

There's a demo of Disaster Report 4 on the store. I appreciate that I'm probably one of a small minority that loved SOS: The Final Escape and Raw Danger on the PS2, but this is a sequel to those for anyone interested. :omg:

Loved it also.

I'm selling my Brother my OG Switch. What's a decent mates rates price for the console, joycons, dock etc?

12 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Got a review code for this. Will be jumping in after the weekend. Never played the previous titles, but looks intriguing. 

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Got a review code for this. Will be jumping in after the weekend. Never played the previous titles, but looks intriguing. 

It's a proper old school release. It was apparently completed on the PS3 but never released after the 2011 earthquake. Even back then it was quite a dated game. But the running and screaming from collapsing buildings is a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 1

I know I’m being a div but I’m really struggling with profiles atm. 
have 1 main profile where I do all purchases and all the kids use it too.  They don’t have own profiles. 
Just bought minecraft and can’t seem to play split screen without another different profile that has its own online account - what am I missing?

i set up a second user profile but can’t link to existing main account and I’m literally loosing my mind. 

Come on you lot - I bet you all know the answer...

Had a big switch moment there. Was watching some Hotshots Racing stuff and thinking "I'm 100% getting this for the switch"

I've been asimilated.

Multi/switch question that I’m hoping someone can answer...

I’ve got a full size switch and tomorrow I’m picking up a lite. Myself and the two kids have profiles on the main switch. 

If they both want to play Animal crossing at the same time I believe I need to buy a copy for each machine. Presumably if I’m buying digital it needs to be done on two different profiles. I’m making the assumption that you can’t buy the same game twice with the same profile but not 100% sure of that. 

But... can the kids swap switches and still get access to their own save? Or do they need to stick to the switch they first play it on?