rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

Aside from Odyssey, I can't think of anything but I'm sure there will be. I still play 80/90% docked but Hori is the best and only way I play handheld now, and I play that way more than ever.

As an aside, I actually find the HD rumble in the joycons annoying and rattly/buzzy but it might just be that both of my sets are defective. Certainly, I would never have rumble on if I were on public transport. I don't miss it in handheld at all. 

Ordered! Hopefully I'll be good for Animal Crossing in handheld mode.

What with this, the Pro controller, SNES controller, Bluetooth dongle, Satisfye grip, case and screen protectors, my Switch accessories bill is getting to be near enough to what I played for the actual bloody console...

• Empathy 1

I think for the Odyssey moons where you use rumble to locate them there's a screen-shake effect you can use instead.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Yes. Just had this revelation. Plus I hadn't realised that 1, 4 for example has to be entered in the same order. I thought it could be 4, 1 or 1,4. :doh:

You can turn hints on with the shoulder buttons - this will colour-code the numbers on rows where the game thinks you can work out a square/space. Make sure you look for squares that clearly should not be filled in and 'X' em - often near edges. Spoilered example:

Spoiler

Say you have a row with two blanks then the third cell is filled in, then the rest is blank.

[_] [_] [*] [_] …

Then, you can deduce the following when the first number in the same row is the following values

If it is '1', The second cell must be blank: [_] [X] [*] [_] … 

'2', the first cell must be blank: [X] [_] [*] [_] …

'3', nothing new about these four cells as shown (assuming the rest of the row is blank)

'4', the fourth cell must be filled in: [_] [_] [*] [*] …

• Upvote 1

All this waiting for Animal Crossing is doing my head in. Been playing Golf Story all day long on the Lite and now I have crab hands, had to stop playing :(

• Empathy 1

If I buy Animal Crossing from the eShop, and at some point get a second Switch for my wife/kids, can we play the same purchased version simultaneously on both devices, or would we have to buy another?

Bought coffee time for 50p with some points. Glad I didn’t pay £8 as it looked good. Just seems off.

Also bought 2 crude dudes for £1.50p. Well worth it! 

Modern pretend retro games are just not as good as the real stuff. Are there any Japanese developers from back in the day making anything? 

4 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

If I buy Animal Crossing from the eShop, and at some point get a second Switch for my wife/kids, can we play the same purchased version simultaneously on both devices, or would we have to buy another?

You can both play it but not at the same time.

Just now, probotector said:

You can both play it but not at the same time.

Hmm. How does it know, if both machines are offline?

21 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

You need to buy another.

Who else got one of the moody Pro Controller clones from Ali Express? Daughter has managed to change the mode on it and I can't remember the button combo to get it back to Switch mode. 

16 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

You should be able to play simultaneously. Load the game on the primary Switch, stick that in flight mode, then load the game on the secondary Switch (the one which needs to carry out an online check). At least, my partner and I have been able to do this on other games downloaded from the eShop. I don't know whether there would be anything different about Animal Crossing. 

You won't be able to play multiplayer together using the same digital copy of the game. Online is obviously impossible and in local wireless it will be able to tell it is the same copy of the game.

We are going to see how we get on with a single digital copy. It should mean we can each have our own island (one island per Switch) but no way to visit each other's island, so might cave and buy a physical copy too depending on how much mileage he gets from the game...

Another annoying save question....

I have my account and games on original switch at old house but simply have to get a new switch for Animal crossing - do I need to transfer my account or can I just sign in on new switch and access my games and saves etc?

I suspect I will have to do a system transfer but prolly can’t do that before the game comes out - can you merge saves at all?

We never play the Switch on the TV, so I am tempted to swap ours for a Switch Lite. How much am I looking realistically having to pay out? Guessing not the sort of thing anyone would be up for a straight swap. 

A quick check of Hot UK Deals suggests the competitive price for a Lite is somewhere between £150-160. 

Some of the text in a few of the games I've played on the Switch Lite can be a right pain. I downloaded that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo today only to realise I need to be squinting like a learn and pressing my face up close on some in game character text from the menu. I wear glasses true but my eyesight isn't that bad :lol: Few times I just wished they'd added a text option with boost to size. 

The right joycon from a second pair I bought seems to drain the battery supply much quickly compared to the left.  I've been troubleshooting to isolate the problem and I've discovered that I cant recalibrate the motion controls on it either.

Has anyone come across this? 

Not that specific problem no, but I actually came on here to ask if anyone has had any problems with one joycon (in my case the left) not charging?  

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

Not that specific problem no, but I actually came on here to ask if anyone has had any problems with one joycon (in my case the left) not charging?  

Clean the contacts?

That's a good idea. I had a go at cleaning them earlier, before I posted, using a brush and a wooden toothpick. The problem is I'm not sure exactly where the contacts are. Does anyone know? 

January Direct tomorrow.

(Indie showcase, 5pm)

Something positive to look forward to. Hope we get a surprise Shadow drop.

Very excited at the potential of a Silksong release date. Gotta get that remaining 1% completion in Hollow Knight before then but I'm so ready for it. Tried Ori briefly and it was too floaty to scratch the same itch (I'm likely go back to it all the same; I'm very early on).

3 hours ago, deKay said:

January Direct tomorrow.

(Indie showcase, 5pm)

Oh sweet rays of sunshine, get on my face.

On 15/03/2020 at 15:19, bradigor said:

If your saves are backed up to the cloud, you should be able to get them from there. @Shimmyhill

Hmm, what about games I’ve bought digitally can I just get them again or are they tied to the console and need to be transferred ?

The situation I don’t want is to end up with two accounts across two systems with separate saves and games lists...

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Hmm, what about games I’ve bought digitally can I just get them again or are they tied to the console and need to be transferred ?

The situation I don’t want is to end up with two accounts across two systems with separate saves and games lists...

Sign in on the new console and go to the redownload section of you account via the eShop. 

4 hours ago, deKay said:

January Direct tomorrow.

(Indie showcase, 5pm)

Hoping for Lonely Mountains Downhill and This is Pool