rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Is anyone else having trouble buying the SNES controller from Nintendo?  In Safari on mobile and OSX the page just keeps refreshing when I try to log-in, and in Chrome it lets me log-in and add it to my basket, but when I go to checkout my basket is empty.

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying the SNES controller from Nintendo?  In Safari on mobile and OSX the page just keeps refreshing when I try to log-in, and in Chrome it lets me log-in and add it to my basket, but when I go to checkout my basket is empty.

Something about cross-site cookies now being blocked I believe. Was broken in desktop Chrome (dev version) a while back. If Nintendo have taken steps to fix it, you might need to bin your cookies and try again.

• Upvote 1

Used a bunch of clubcard vouchers to get a pro controller virtually free today.

It's nice enough, but what makes it worth £15 more than controllers for the other systems is rather beyond me.

I find once you get used to the d-pad you can mitigate quite a lot of its tendency to press up unexpectedly. I assume that's the problem everyone has at least. It is still very disappointing that there isn't an official brilliant Nintendo d-pad on the switch. 

9 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

You'll find out in 40 hours when you have to charge it for the first time.

So not much more than the Xbone controller I can charge instantly by "Switching the batteries" and it'll be useless when the internal battery degrades when the Bone controller is 100% new battery forever if I want it to be.

Granted better than the PS4 controller I have to remember to put back on the stand every time I play or I'm mostly not playing next time.

I love the SNES pad as an overall package, but the 6-button Megadrive or JP Saturn d-pads (basically identical) are much better at diagonals without losing any kind of precision on the 4 cardinal directions. 

• Upvote 3

Does anyone know how the eshop vouchers work, the £84 for two games ones? I’m thinking of getting one to buy Animal Crossing for me and my daughter, we have the family online account of which I’m the main account holder, does that mean we could buy one copy on our main Switch and the other on her Switch Lite?

It’s cheaper to just buy two codes from cd keys. 

https://www..com/nintendo/switch/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch

£37.99 there

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Does anyone know how the eshop vouchers work, the £84 for two games ones? I’m thinking of getting one to buy Animal Crossing for me and my daughter, we have the family online account of which I’m the main account holder, does that mean we could buy one copy on our main Switch and the other on her Switch Lite?

You can’t buy games for two different accounts with the vouchers.

You could buy two codes from CDKeys though.

• Upvote 2

Ok thanks for that, seems odd they restrict it that way, it is Nintendo of course. 

HDMI Type C Hub Adapter for Nintendo Switch, 1080P USB C Hub HDMI Converter Cable for Nintendo Switch, Macbook Pro 2017, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, Google Pixel (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RZQJ8D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MKnzEbB3MYRN3

Does anybody want one of these?

I’ve used it once to check it works and have since sourced a second official dock so have no need for it any more. 

Don’t have the box as I chucked it once I confirmed it was working but otherwise it’s mint. 

Call it 15 quid inc postage. 

34 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

HDMI Type C Hub Adapter for Nintendo Switch, 1080P USB C Hub HDMI Converter Cable for Nintendo Switch, Macbook Pro 2017, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, Google Pixel (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RZQJ8D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MKnzEbB3MYRN3

Does anybody want one of these?

I’ve used it once to check it works and have since sourced a second official dock so have no need for it any more. 

Don’t have the box as I chucked it once I confirmed it was working but otherwise it’s mint. 

Call it 15 quid inc postage. 

I really want a travel dock but am massively paranoid about bricking my switch. 

If this is available I'll grab it.

Will just need to source a 2nd official power supply.  Is that still the best advice for these 3rd party docks?

Anyone use one day to day?

Loads of folk in this thread use them. The advice is indeed to use an official PSU. They’re easy enough to get on Amazon. 

Happy to hold it for you until someone less partisan confirms though;)

13 hours ago, deKay said:

Something about cross-site cookies now being blocked I believe. Was broken in desktop Chrome (dev version) a while back. If Nintendo have taken steps to fix it, you might need to bin your cookies and try again.

Cheers.  Stuck at a different point now though.  The controller is in my shopping basket, but it won't let me put my address in now!  I've repeatedly entered it, but the save address button stays shaded out....

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

So not much more than the Xbone controller I can charge instantly by "Switching the batteries" and it'll be useless when the internal battery degrades when the Bone controller is 100% new battery forever if I want it to be.

Granted better than the PS4 controller I have to remember to put back on the stand every time I play or I'm mostly not playing next time.

You can easily replace the Pro controller battery.  Despite appearances it’s by far the most readily dismantled of current gen controllers, and the buttons or bumpers don’t die like the bone controller. I get nowhere near 40 hours out of a bone controller using eneloops, either.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Dudley said:

Used a bunch of clubcard vouchers to get a pro controller virtually free today.

It's nice enough, but what makes it worth £15 more than controllers for the other systems is rather beyond me.

It’s for professionals to use, so it’s more expensive.

• Upvote 6

On 08/03/2020 at 12:54, Phil said:

You can easily replace the Pro controller battery.  Despite appearances it’s by far the most readily dismantled of current gen controllers, and the buttons or bumpers don’t die like the bone controller. I get nowhere near 40 hours out of a bone controller using eneloops, either.

The Pro controller also endures well as a controller. I’ll been using the same Pro controller since Switch launch day, as I’ve played all my non-Pokémon games exclusively in TV mode,  and it works just as well as then, without any obvious wear. It really has been a worthwhile purchase.

What's the best brand of replacement Joycon shells that have a D-Pad instead of the four circular button configuration?

It’s Mar10 aka MARIO Day.

Wonder if we’ll see the 3D world switch release we all crave deep in our hearts.

• Upvote 4