rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

11 hours ago, JoeK said:

I wish Nintendo would hurry up and make a Switch run at higher resolutions. I don't need the thing to be ultra powerful, just powerful enough to have the exact same graphics, just running natively on my TV. 

I've become the designated custodian of my brother's Switch, and seeing something as genuinely beautiful as Zelda in slightly blurry form on my monitor is a little upsetting. 

Especially as running it in handheld looks so much crisper, but has the unfortunate effect of ruining my eyes.

Yeah as Dekay says, it shouldn’t be going blurrier. 

Mine looks great on the TV.

5 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah as Dekay says, it shouldn’t be going blurrier. 

Mine looks great on the TV.

It may well be that it's because I was using my PC monitor perhaps. I'll hook it up to my TV later on and see if that does the job :)

Zelda looks ace on my TV. I have a 4K monitor, which I could maybe test later (I wonder if my USB-C to display port cable works?).

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is out today, apparently. Although it's not showing in the UK store yet. 

Edit: And up! £16.99. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Thronebreaker-The-Witcher-Tales-1712187.html

oh FFS! I'm baws deep in The Witcher 3 just now... probably about 100 hours in and still just cuttin aboot Skellige.... the last thing I want (first thing!) is some more Witcher greatness on my switch.

OH VALLEY OF PLENTY

• Upvote 3

Ah, well that works much better on a TV :p . I've yet to upgrade my screen to anything other than 1080p, so it looks perfectly fine :D. 

Now just to find some time to get to grips with it...I'm already having issues with the way B and A buttons are the other way around from every other controllers I've been using for years. It's been a while since I've used a Nintendo pad :p 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is out today, apparently. Although it's not showing in the UK store yet. 

Edit: And up! £16.99. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Thronebreaker-The-Witcher-Tales-1712187.html

Gah, I got it on PS4 a while ago, but didn't get too far. Double-dip time. (Perfect switch games etc., etc.)

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Out of interest - are there many people on this thread who solely game on the Switch despite owning PC/Xbox/PS4?

I would say I game 99% on the Switch relative to my One X and Pro, but probably match that Switch time on my 360 playing Cave games.

Largely, though, I turn on my other consoles, flick through the library and turn them off. For all their heft, there's very little which compares to a lot of my Switch library. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Out of interest - are there many people on this thread who solely game on the Switch despite owning PC/Xbox/PS4?

Not solely, but 99% Switch, yes. I have a PS4 too.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Had a OG PS4 since launch, but since picking up my Switch last September think I've turned on my PS4 maybe twice.

• Upvote 2

I have a Switch and a PS4, and I'm also 99% Switch I reckon.

Apart from anything else, being able to use it handheld means I can have a quick go any time. Getting the opportunity to monopolise the TV is rarer, and when I do I usually think "now I can play BOTW/[insert other pretty game here] on the big screen!"

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Pretty much. 

• Upvote 1

Just for balance, I'm the opposite. Had a Switch since launch, and played it loads when I was playing through Zelda. But since then I mainly play on my PS4. I have a load of games installed on it, but somehow rarely feel the urge to pick it up. I still haven't finished Mario vs Rabbids, or Mario Odyssey, or any of the 20 or so indie games I bought for it.I still like the Switch, and it was worth getting one just to play Zelda frankly. But I'm probably not as enamoured of it as many in the thread.

• Empathy 1

I'm pretty much 90% Switch/10% Xbox One. I have a PS4 and switched it on over Christmas to play a bit of EDF, but other than that I don't think I've switched it on in over a year (speaking of, why isn't there an EDF title on the Switch yet? It's the very epitome of perfect for Switch).

My other half has pretty much taken over my account on the Xbox. I've played a bit of Jedi: Fallen Order and Indivisible on it this month, but that's all. 

17 hours ago, JoeK said:

I wish Nintendo would hurry up and make a Switch run at higher resolutions. I don't need the thing to be ultra powerful, just powerful enough to have the exact same graphics, just running natively on my TV. 

I've become the designated custodian of my brother's Switch, and seeing something as genuinely beautiful as Zelda in slightly blurry form on my monitor is a little upsetting. 

Especially as running it in handheld looks so much crisper, but has the unfortunate effect of ruining my eyes.

Buy an mclassic.

Like others, I’m pretty much 90% Switch, with the other 10% being Xbox One X.

Switch is my go to system for everyday gaming on my commute to and from work, on business trips & also for playing against the wife and kids on split screen Mario Kart at weekends, Xbox is mainly for online stuff eg: Conan Exiles, Battlefield 1 & V, if I’m home alone.

My Pro is currently boxed up in storage and my retro stuff is more for collection purposes, than playing.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I sold my PS4 after barely turning it on for six months after getting the Switch.

5 hours ago, JoeK said:

Ah, well that works much better on a TV :p . I've yet to upgrade my screen to anything other than 1080p, so it looks perfectly fine :D. 

Have you tried a game that runs native 1080p? Smash Bros. and MK8D look like PC games on my second monitor. Absolutely crystal.

5 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

The Switch has seen everything else get left, the Xbox One S didn't get turned on for months, the only reson I've got back to it lately is due to pickig up a One X for stupidly cheap, and even then it's still only been Pinball FX 2.

6 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

THIS GUY

even when I’m not on the train, I find being able to pick it up and sit on the couch while the kids or wife is watching something else means I get much much more play time with the switch. 

6 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Nothing but the switch here. I barely get enough time to play it as it is so there would be no point having any other systems. My son plays it more than I do. I just don't know when you all get the time. I get up, do the morning jobs, go to work, come home eat dinner and it's time for bed more or less. Don't really have a lot of free cash to buy new games either so at least I do rinse the ones I do get. Currently trying to 100% new super Luigi U. 

• Upvote 2

Glad to see its not just me :lol:

Im really starting to consider if I'll upgrade my Xbox/PS next generation as it seems a bit pointless for my current playing habits. 

• Upvote 1

My PS4 basically serves the same function the Wii once did,  showing off VR anytime someone new comes round.

• Upvote 1

I rarely have time to game on the TV so I’m pretty much 90% Switch. Then 10% XB1 due to Game Pass for the few minutes a week I get in front of the TV.

53 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

My PS4 basically serves the same function the Wii once did,  showing off VR anytime someone new comes round.

Selling my PS4 and VR + games tomorrow and getting an Oculus Quest for the PC! Want to tinker with Unity on the PC and play driving games.... Impressive as PSVR is takes space up and it won't work on the PC....

Bit of a moment really as Switch will be the only console I own that is current!!!

I'm late to the Switch party but I've been loving it so far. The only two games I have currently are BOTW and Mario Bros U but they're both superb and I'm enjoying them immensely, Zelda in particular. It's nice to pick up a console a couple of years into its life and have a nice back catalogue to work through and there's several more games I can't wait to pick up. 

I'm living abroad at the moment and as I didn't make it home for Christmas but I've been home these last few days and staying in my old bedroom and playing BOTW takes me back to my teenage years when I was playing Wind Waker on the GC. 

• Upvote 3

I’ve been firing up my PS4 regularly to play through Death Stranding but realistically I don’t think there’s anything on there I want that isn’t also on the Switch.

I have £45 of a £50 PSN credit sitting on there of course. :doh:

1 hour ago, Foxworth said:

Currently trying to 100% new super Luigi U

Did I miss something with this, or is it just NSMBU but with Luigi? Can’t you choose Luigi as a playable character in NSMBU? I’m sure I’ve misunderstood what it’s about.