rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

I've been saying it wrong for so long!

Even in Wolfenstein they pronounce it wolf-en-styn.

It’s the legendary Richard Leadbetter John Linneman ripping the cunt out of German Alex’s pronunciation of ‘Wolfenstein’ which has become become a low-key DF meme. This is the geekiest knowledge that I have attained in a lifetime of it. 

EDIT: Corrected ‘Richard Leadbetter’ as Big John, although not because either is non-legendary. Quite the opposite. When I read the Wolfenstein pronunciation posts I assumed it was discussion about a Rich vid from a couple of weeks back, where he hit out with the same pronunciation. The fact this is actually a new vid and it’s John ripping the cunt this time confirms DF meme status. Fucksake. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, deKay said:

No idea. Didn't sound German.

Get with it mate. How can you have no idea who is or isn’t John ‘Legendary’ Linneman Alex the German cunt from DF? Ubergeek-serial-Rllmuk-poster status revoked plz :quote:

• Upvote 2

On 14/02/2020 at 16:52, pulsemyne said:

So the metro ports are very good then.

Good games as well if you have never played them. Makes you wonder if they could get exodus working on the switch.

Hey, wait a second. I thought they'd bring Metro Exodus to Switch?? Is it really just the Redux remasters? 

They're like 10cm long, reaching the buttons is not the issue.

The issue is that they're 10cm long.

3 hours ago, Goemon said:

Is this picture trying to demonstrate where you would actually need the analogue and buttons in order to use the controllers like this?

Player 1 there has clearly found his identical hand twin!

• Upvote 1

XCOM 2 collection for switch has just been given an age rating in South Korea. Also Bioshock collection as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pulsemyne said:

XCOM 2 collection for switch has just been given an age rating in South Korea. Also Bioshock collection as well.

I've literally just been searching 'XCOM style games on Switch'. Isn't 2 the massively stressful time-limited one?

It’s the one where they removed the difficulty levels for humans just before release yes.

• Upvote 1

I find turn based games like that incredibly stressful anyway, just because if I lose or whatever, starting the battle all over again is such a pain. The time limit in XCOM2 is just masochistic. 

Is there a known shortage of Fat Switch consoles at the moment? Possibly due to shipping issues out of China?

Was looking for a V2 model but they seem to be pretty rare at the mo. Those available have had their prices hiked. 

3 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Is there a known shortage of Fat Switch consoles at the moment? Possibly due to shipping issues out of China?

Was looking for a V2 model but they seem to be pretty rare at the mo. Those available have had their prices hiked. 

The UK has been short for the last couple of weeks, but things are expected to get worse worldwide going forwards due to the Coronavirus. 

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

The UK has been short for the last couple of weeks, but things are expected to get worse worldwide going forwards due to the Coronavirus. 

Thought so. There could well be problems for months if that’s the case. :(

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

I've literally just been searching 'XCOM style games on Switch'. Isn't 2 the massively stressful time-limited one?

Valkyria Chronicles 1&4 are on Switch. Both are excellent.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

Valkyria Chronicles 1&4 are on Switch. Both are excellent.

Diagaea too if you prefer a more Japanese fantasy stylee. 

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

I've literally just been searching 'XCOM style games on Switch'.

Theres that Mutant Year Zero, not played it though, and obviously Mario Rabbids.

Re: XCOM2, I didn't have problems with the default difficulty but it struggled to run on PS4 so I hope they've pared back the switch version.

10 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Theres that Mutant Year Zero, not played it though, and obviously Mario Rabbids.

I played Mutant Year Zero on Xbox One and it is very good indeed. Not sure on the Switch port but well worth checking out. 

Mario and Rabbids is a top tier game and should be in everyone’s collection.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Nosejam said:

I played Mutant Year Zero on Xbox One and it is very good indeed. Not sure on the Switch port but well worth checking out. 

Mario and Rabbids is a top tier game and should be in everyone’s collection.

Opinions and arseholes etc. 

However Mario Rabbids, imo whilst it’s brilliantly presented and a great crossover the actual turn based mechanics are fairly basic and frustrating at times. I struggled to make it through. Worth it for under £20 if you’re a fan of the genre though. 

Battle Brothers is coming out on switch soon. My definitive turn based strat of recent years. Grimdark low fantasy mercenary company management. Itll launch with all the DLC of the PC version too. 

2 hours ago, Pavey said:

Referring to Mario or Mutant?

Apologies. Mario Rabbids. Not played mutants. 

If you ordered one of the gorgeous Animal Crossing Switches from the Nintendo UK store, I hope you pre-ordered it before last Wednesday, as any preorders from 12th Feb onwards are now delayed from March 20th (the game’s release day) to April 17th. Covid-19 supply chain related perhaps?

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Diagaea too if you prefer a more Japanese fantasy stylee. 

Games from both series are in the current sale.

• Empathy 1