rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gets an Online Open Tournament in North America this weekend for the chance to win gold points.

We’re not invited.

• Empathy 1

sure this must have been asked before in the preceding 1500 pages, but what is the cheapest way to get my Switch on a 2nd tv in the house - don't want to move my main dock & power cable and don't want to stump up the full price for a Nintendo dock and power brick.

anybody done this recently ?

ta.

A little behind, but I just heard Grandia HD Collection is out for the Switch.

I need a list of DC games coming (or that came) to Switch!

God damn my disposable income.

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

sure this must have been asked before in the preceding 1500 pages, but what is the cheapest way to get my Switch on a 2nd tv in the house - don't want to move my main dock & power cable and don't want to stump up the full price for a Nintendo dock and power brick.

anybody done this recently ?

ta.

I have this dock. It works, and is cheap (under £20): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Nintendo-Converter-Macbook-Samsung/dp/B078RZQJ8D

I also have this dock. It also works, but is a little more (under £30): https://www.amazon.co.uk/innoAura-Nintendo-Multiport-Converter-Charging-Grey/dp/B07F436JT6/

You can't skimp on the power brick - bite the bullet and get another Nintendo one (£25) otherwise you risk bricking your console:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-2510646-Switch-AC-Adapter/dp/B01MT8EQFF

• Upvote 3

Got an email this evening from Shopto saying my Tokyo Mirage FE Encore order has "reached our warehouse" which I assume means it'll be shipping tomorrow. I'd somehow got in my head it was coming out next week so a nice surprise to realise it's this Friday. Sometimes being a forgetful arse has upsides.

The first party line up seems a bit sparse at the moment. Tokyo Mirage port January, Animal Crossing March, Xenoblade remaster sometime this year. Saving almost everything for the second half of the year again maybe?

Mario & Luigi has been trademarked. Two more Wii U ports have been teased by an insider.  The community is convinced that Splatoon SOS is more than a tweet. The big Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC will be here by April.

Throw in ten minutes of Animal Crossing and we’ve got ourselves a Direct. Let’s go.

• Upvote 1

Despite being host to a few of my all time favourite games, there’s not much on the Switch 2020 horizon I’m looking forward to (as neither BOTW2 or MP4 will be this year).

It’s pretty much just AC: New Horizons in March that’s getting me excited. There’s been some interesting indie things trailed recently, but nothing that’s blown my tackle off. Thank God for Witcher 3 in the meantime.

Tell me your big upcoming Switch games, and let’s see what epic stuff I’ve forgotten about in the months ahead.

There aren't any announcements yet, you haven't forgotten anything. It's pretty barren besides AC so there must be a big Direct before the end of Feb at the latest. 

It was the same last January, to be fair. We knew Yoshi was out in March, Fire Emblem was due and Pokémon was probably coming but that's it. The first Direct of the year showed us Mario Maker 2, Links Awakening, Astral Chain, Tetris 99 and BoxBoy. I'm sure this year will be similar. 

• Upvote 1

The Switch has now sold 12m units in Japan - some 3m more than the PS4, PS4 Pro and various Xboxen Ones *combined*.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

The Switch has now sold 12m units in Japan - some 3m more than the PS4, PS4 Pro and various Xboxen Ones *combined*.

And 3 million and 1 more than just the PS4s.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, jonamok said:

Despite being host to a few of my all time favourite games, there’s not much on the Switch 2020 horizon I’m looking forward to (as neither BOTW2 or MP4 will be this year).

It’s pretty much just AC: New Horizons in March that’s getting me excited. There’s been some interesting indie things trailed recently, but nothing that’s blown my tackle off. Thank God for Witcher 3 in the meantime.

Tell me your big upcoming Switch games, and let’s see what epic stuff I’ve forgotten about in the months ahead.

Yeah as others have said we’ll know more in the direct.

I’m sure BOTW2 is this Christmas though. 

The Wii outsold the PS3 (globally anyway), and the Switch is going strong. Yes, Nintendo really do very well in Japan, but also globally. They've definitely got more of the "charm" from the glory days/golden age and appeal to almost anyone on some level.

I really like the idea of the Switch, as I had a DS (still do, somewhere) and a PSP, Vita, etc, but always had a home console as well. Now it's nice to have this neatly in one package. Now I can take my home console with me, or sit it under the TV!

...  alongside the 360, PS4, DC, Xbone, lol

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I’m sure BOTW2 is this Christmas though. 

OK so I have 11 months to finish this mutha.

1 minute ago, sharak said:

The Wii outsold the PS3 (globally anyway), and the Switch is going strong. Yes, Nintendo really do very well in Japan, but also globally. They've definitely got more of the "charm" from the glory days/golden age and appeal to almost anyone on some level.

I really like the idea of the Switch, as I had a DS (still do, somewhere) and a PSP, Vita, etc, but always had a home console as well. Now it's nice to have this neatly in one package. Now I can take my home console with me, or sit it under the TV!

...  alongside the 360, PS4, DC, Xbone, lol

OK so I have 11 months to finish this mutha.

Well that’s the current thinking. Nothing confirmed but the fact the engine is all done, we could be looking at a Majora’s Mask situation.

*sacrifices goat*

• Upvote 2

TBH since getting BoTW I have...

ESP.da.re.

Metal Slug 3

Ikaruga

Mario Kart

and re-imported my XBOX 360 so I have all my CAVE shooters.

However, I do have a 5 hour train ride across Germany on Monday so I have no excuse to progress in Zelda a bit.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Japan is more handheld land than NintendoLand.

While that's partially true, the Vita didn't do great over there. It sold better than elsewhere, but that's not saying much. 

My Vita is a Japanese unit, from when I lived there. Taking the train every day for the commute, I really enjoyed that machine. Plus, just generally, pick-up-and-play moments. Not having to sit in front of a screen in the main room, which is rather small in Japan.

Having said that, my most played system in Japan was the Xbox 360!

Can we have a wireless joycon with a better Dpad please, Nintendo?

I'm having some trouble with my right joycon... while it works attached or detached, I can't get it to synch as a second controller horizontally for playing Mario Kart.  I detached both joycons, hold sl+sr on the left one and it works fine and the wee light comes on... try the same with the right joycon and nothing happens.  It's still active, for example, I can use 'b' to cancel... but just can't get it to recognise the sl+sr presses :( anyone else had this problem?