rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Fargo said:

What’s the best Mario game on switch? 

odyssey, especially if you already have MK8 on the wiiU.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

What’s the best Mario game on switch? 

Get Odyssey and play it during the week, and get Mario Maker 2 and play it at weekends and you will cry yourself to orgasm every night for the rest of your life.

• Upvote 7

'Pends what kind of Mario you like and if you've played the 2d one on Wii before. I personally think NSMBwiiUDX is a more enjoyable experience cos I love 2d Mario and found Odyssey a bit all over the place and much less fun than other 3d Mario games and was nowhere near as good as Galaxy 1 or 2. 

Either way youll probably have a great time which ever Mario game you pick.

7 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

Please Nintendo, just get it done! I'll even take a PowerA offering at this point.

Why hasn't every controller since the GC had a primary 'A' button either centre placed or just slightly larger?  It's absolute common sense to me.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Madness. The Galaxy games were great and all, but Odyssey is the fabled Mario 128 in all but name.  It’s like being let loose in a theme park with the power of a god.

Cant agree :( 

• Upvote 2

Looks like the Switch is getting the Dragon Quest Heroes games. They got released as a double pack in Japan back when the console came out. Now the rest of the world gets them. As separate releases, because of course. 

NX-DRQUH.jpg

NX-DRQUH2.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, makkuwata said:

Madness. The Galaxy games were great and all, but Odyssey is the fabled Mario 128 in all but name.  It’s like being let loose in a theme park with the power of a god.

I didn't like Galaxy, at all.

64 and Odyssey are brothers from the same mother and I'll happily take the likely fallout from saying Odyssey is the best game on the Switch.

Kart 8 is near ruined by the rubber banding and outright cheating reaching fun ruining proportions in single player. Multiplayer is amazeballs but still not Odyssey.

• Empathy 1

Hopefully those DQ Heroes games are getting updates, because the original Japanese releases were a bit rough in terms of frame rate. 

12 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Looks like the Switch is getting the Dragon Quest Heroes games. They got released as a double pack in Japan back when the console came out. Now the rest of the world gets them. As separate releases, because of course. 

NX-DRQUH.jpg

NX-DRQUH2.jpg

Strange decision considering DQ is much less popular outside of Japan, Switch version ran like a dog at launch too dunno whether it was patched since. Day one obviously. 

On 13/01/2020 at 03:23, makkuwata said:

I enjoyed it but it felt too easy to pick up moons and that dampened the experience for me. The level unlock at 500 or so is pretty special though and the grind was worth it for that alone.

4 hours ago, Avuncular said:

Are the SNES games on this the PAL or NTSC versions?

On the UK version all but Puyo Puyo have the US boxart (JP) and run fullscreen on the emulator so I'm pretty sure it's all NTSC roms

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Anyone know of anywhere with the newer red boxed switch in stock? Amazon won’t have the. Until the 20/01 

Nintendo have said there won't be any more until the 20th, so probably unlikely to find one before then unless you fancy paying for the £500 "bundle" at Game.

1 hour ago, Flockheart said:

Amazon did price match Currys  too, I ordered from Amazon this morning for £20.99 too but it was fairly early so they may have sold out by now.

Yeah was never going to last long on Amazon at that price.

32 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I spotted some 128GB Nintendo-branded SD cards at Tesco yesterday for £20 if anyone's interested. The SD cards elsewhere instore were the usual £40 or so.

SD card prices have rocketed recently. The 512GB card I got in October for about £55 is over £100 now.

That said, you can get good 128GB cards for nearer £10 and 256GB for around £25.

2 hours ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I spotted some 128GB Nintendo-branded SD cards at Tesco yesterday for £20 if anyone's interested. The SD cards elsewhere instore were the usual £40 or so.

200GB Sandisk cards are down to £20.99 today on Amazon, so I'd grab one of those instead if you're after a new card.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2HL7WS5LJMNAW&keywords=200gb+micro+sd&qid=1579006331&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=200%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-3

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

probably gonna be announced at this months Direct

I have a feeling it will be. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/01/2020 at 12:15, Rex Grossman said:

How well do the Phoenix Wright games translate to the Switch for those of you who have played it on that and the DS?

I only played the first one on the DS and really enjoyed it.

I started playing the first one today on the Switch and I'm really liking it so far. The controls seem fine and I'm not missing the second screen. I did play through the first on DS many years ago, so far it looks like the difference is that you use the shoulder buttons to Press and Present rather than click on a screen. That and the updated graphics of course. It has been a while between playthroughs so I have no doubt I'm missing other changes, but nothing jumps out or has impacted my enjoyment of the game.

• Upvote 1