rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

31 minutes ago, Strafe said:

We’re getting a direct this month. I can feel it.

Nintendolife reckon we’re not - we don’t usually in January.

9 hours ago, deKay said:

Nintendolife reckon we’re not - we don’t usually in January.

Hang on. We usually do apart from last year it was pushed to February because of the MP4 delay.

(is what I read without doing any double checking)

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Hang on. We usually do apart from last year it was pushed to February because of the MP4 delay.

(is what I read without doing any double checking)

We had this conversation last year - no, we don't :)

January Nintendo Directs:

2019: No Direct

2018: Direct Mini

2017: No Direct

2016: No Direct

2015: Direct

2014: No Direct

2013: Direct

2012: No Direct

• Upvote 3

There was quite a big one in January 2017.

There was a nindie one in January 2019.

The last time there wasn’t a direct in January was 2016 and that looks like the exception.

It’s happening. I have felt it.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Strafe said:

There was quite a big one in January 2017.

There was a nindie one in January 2019.

There were no Nintendo Directs in Jan 2017 or 2019. There was a "Indie Highlights" presentation in 2019 which wasn't a Direct and was a Euro repeat of the JP one from the previous month, and the presentation in 2017 was the Switch announcement and also not a Direct.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/search?query=direct

36 minutes ago, deKay said:

There were no Nintendo Directs in Jan 2017 or 2019. There was a "Indie Highlights" presentation in 2019 which wasn't a Direct and was a Euro repeat of the JP one from the previous month, and the presentation in 2017 was the Switch announcement and also not a Direct.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/search?query=direct

They’re all under the Nintendo Direct Wikipedia page so are unequivocally directs. Wikipedia never lies.

January 2020 Nintendo Direct is coming. We can feel it.

• Upvote 2

I thought that I'd prefer buying physical releases, and did so at the beginning. However I'm now used to the convenience of downloaded games, and it's just irritating to know that some games can't be launched immediately without getting up and finding the cartridge.

15 hours ago, kempstar said:

If there is ever a chance of you owning two switches, then buy physical games. You can only play one digital game at a time (on the same switch account). So you couldnt play game A on switch A, whilst your girlfriend/child played game B on switch B.

Its bullshit and makes me wish I had never bought any digital games, apart from the ones that are digital only.

Hang on, isn't that wrong though - you can set one Switch as primary, another as secondary and share your game library between them? I'm sure people are doing that aren't they?

You just can't both be playing the same game online at the same time or something.

This arrived for use in the Switch :D

image.png.a811630bab451dd975f375ac662b66b8.png

I think I will stick to physical releases for unique titles and things I will play once and sell on. For "double dip" games, where I own them on other platforms, I will probably just go digital on the Switch. More convenient that way. There's little point me ponying up 60 euro on play-asia to be further hit with a customs charge, taking the total up to 100 euro when I could spend about 30 quid on the Jap store.

#firstworldproblems

I was thinking why this hadn't really been an issue before, and it's because now I have a proper Nintendo system. I have a 2DS somewhere and a GBMicro, but really it's all about the Playstation or XBOX for me, whichever cycle I am in. I have a PS4 so that's my "cycle", but now I have this little beauty from Nintendo which has some unique games, some of the same games... but can be played on the go. It's also caused me to dig out my Vita and dust off the little beast.

All good really, I just need to spend more time playing games, not worrying about which is best, which platform, watching reviews, bla bla.

Can't wait for Nintendo Direct this month.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It’s happening though. Can’t you just feel it?

I’m already in the Happening Bunker, stiff as a board.

1 minute ago, Andy_Why said:

Guys, can someone explain to me what a Direct actually is?

The only thing I know for sure is that it's happening this month.

It's like a pint, only better.

• Upvote 5

Just now, ZOK said:

I’ve not been in this thread for a while! 

Do we expect a Direct in January?

:seanr: