rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

35 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

My son was kind enough to buy me a switch for Christmas . ( I can now sell my Wii u) . I thought Oo I can download Tetris 99 for free . Wonder if it’s any good ....

My life has been consumed . 

Are there not enough Wii U exclusives to keep the machine hanging around. Devil's Third for life yo! ;)

Just now, Robo_1 said:

Are there not enough Wii U exclusives to keep the machine hanging around. Devil's Third for life yo! ;)

I have to justify rebuying the same games somehow!!  

of course when it comes to actually parting with it I may waver ..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, deKay said:

Rogue Legacy, The Swindle and Swords of Ditto are all excellent rogue-lites albeit very different takes on the genre.

Pan-Pan was OK but I was a bit disappointed with it.

Aye, had been waiting to rebuy RL and Swindle after enjoying on my dearly departed Vita. Price point was ideal. Swords of Ditto I'm directly attributing or blaming on you but looks interesting. Pan-Pan/Hard West cost me about 3pence together with Gold Points so can't complain if they're little more than 5 minute wonders.

On 27/12/2019 at 18:41, dreamylittledream said:

I got some too for Christmas and can also second this.

I have bought seemingly every grip going for the Switch with varying levels of success (Skull & Co one probably the best) but this also gives you full size sticks and buttons which makes a huge difference. Love it. Only minus really is the lack of motion controls

Does it do HD rumble?

29 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Aye, had been waiting to rebuy RL and Swindle after enjoying on my dearly departed Vita. Price point was ideal. Swords of Ditto I'm directly attributing or blaming on you but looks interesting. Pan-Pan/Hard West cost me about 3pence together with Gold Points so can't complain if they're little more than 5 minute wonders.

Pan-Pan isn’t bad, but it was very much stylish but short and a bit empty. Cost me a couple of quid and I couldn’t complain for that too much so at 3p you won’t either :)

1 hour ago, Sane said:

Does it do HD rumble?

No they have no independent battery so they have no rumble or motion controls and only work when connected to the switch (can’t use the doggy grip thing for tv play). Although the flip side is this makes them and light so despite the much bigger size of the machine with them attached it doesn’t weigh more than the switch with normal joycons.

Lack of rumble is not really a big deal for me but the loss of motion controls means you can’t use them to play everything sadly

What a lovely interface. I might need to do a factory reset. I’ve made him primary but linked my account, where I should have linked his child account...

After spending the best part of two hours fiddling and replacing the stick _and_ the ribbon cable for the SL / SR buttons after snapping the ribbon cable, my left joycon has started flashing the battery icon on the controller settings screen between charging, full and empty. The joycon build quality is appalling. 

• Empathy 2

On 26/12/2019 at 21:49, Flub said:

Thanks for this. I enjoyed Blazing Chrome so didn't blink at purchasing this set. Right, I think I've rinsed the eShop at this point and I have enough games to see me through to the winter of next year, haha.

I must admit, I wasn't aware at just what a treasure trove of indie titles the Switch was. I've increasingly bought more and more indie games this gen to the point that I've spent many more hours playing them than I have the big budget games for the main consoles. Already the Switch is feeling more and more like the natural successor to the Vita for me, rather than competition for the PS4 or Xbox One.

I have gone a bit nuts though, given the crazy eShop prices:

_20191228_221155.JPG

_20191228_221233.JPG

_20191228_221316.JPG

So far the highlights have been the excellent run and gunner, Valfaris, the chop and runner (hack and slash?) Slain, In Between, a wonderful puzzle platformer with a real heartfelt narrative, My Friend Pedro, a tactical John Wick 'em up with a thumping Hotline Miami soundtrack, Raging Justice a Pitfighter meets Final Fight brawler, which only really clicks after you accept it's not Streets Of Rage with digitised sprites, Katana Zero, an immense 2d tactical action game which I can't wait to return to, Peace Death, a frankly hilarious stack 'em up with a delightful demonic twist and some brilliant mid-game dialogue between Death and the four horsemen and finally of course, Astral Chain, the game I was most excited to get the system for, which has somehow found itself relegated to a "quick look", whilst all these excellent indie games get the lime light.

Bayonetta 1&2 are a given for the awesome pile as is Saboteur 1&2 and there's a few games such as Bloodstained which I haven't got around to playing (and it seems I'd be best waiting for the next big patch at any rate). :)

That has to be it for now though! I'm already feeling as though I'll never find the time to do each game justice and heaven help my only non-Switch gaming purchase this Christmas, Day's Gone!

Seriously lovely system though and this seems like a great thread as the major system threads go. Right... back to it. :)

Spoiler

Oh yeah, Toki's a bit shit.... nice collectors box though haha.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

What a lovely interface. I might need to do a factory reset. I’ve made him primary but linked my account, where I should have linked his child account...

https://my.nintendo.com/

But it is all so Nintendo.  Somehow I have linked my old NNID to my sons account so when I needed the permissions email for Overwatch after he bought it today, it went to an old gmail address.  Can I figure out how to change the parent account to my new one, can I bollocks.  Fortunately I remembered the gmail account address as otherwise I would have had a very unhappy child.

I've not got the online subscription as yet. I k ow everyone loves Tetris 99 but I doubt I'll be playing much else online. Are there other perks like with PS+? 

6 minutes ago, harbey said:

I've not got the online subscription as yet. I k ow everyone loves Tetris 99 but I doubt I'll be playing much else online. Are there other perks like with PS+? 

You get the SNES and NES games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sharak said:

OK, I am buried deep in a world of Zelda now :) Is there an hour counter?

What a beautiful game.

I don't think you can within the game, but if you goto the dashboard on your Switch, click on your Profile icon (top left). In the fist option (Profile) on this new page, it shows a 'Play Activity' heading and it below displays your rough game time for each of your games you have e.g. 5 hours or more.

HTH

Cheers.

I might pick up Sonic Mania for some alternate fun. GF loves MarioKart, and Metal Slug 3 is a blast from the past. I can already see how massive Zelda is going to be.

If CAVE released (all of) their shmup library on the Switch I would be extremely happy and rather content. Can't think of anything missing by that point... except perhaps if all Dreamcast games were ported over, with a Bonus of a NiGHTS port. I think I'd cry if that happened.

• Upvote 1

Those of you that bought Overwatch, how did you redeem the 3 months Online it comes with?  Had the code inside for the game but can’t see how to get the Online code, or should it be on a card in the box?

22 minutes ago, SeanR said:

ohmahgurd!

just discovered the NES/SNES emulation for switch network subscribers.

Reveal hidden contents

81074328_10156421979651486_3421481715200

amazing!

You’ve “just discovered”?!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

From his post about setting up the Family account, I’m guessing either Sean or his son got a Switch from Santa

why not both?

Spoiler

4B9F0A13-2362-40B3-9099-1B2D5ACD7818.jpeg.7b9bc87d15051281f3242682835ec168.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

From his post about setting up the Family account, I’m guessing either Sean or his son got a Switch from Santa

But this is read-and-post-in-every-thread-SeanR.

It’s inconceivable he didn’t know already.

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

But this is read-and-post-in-every-thread-SeanR.

It’s inconceivable he didn’t know already.

except this one. To quote proper Spock:

It would be impossible to discuss the subject without a common frame of reference.

42 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh just remembered!

We normally get a pretty meaty Nintendo Direct in January don’t we?

I was just thinking about that. The only game we know about from Nintendo for 2020 is Animal Crossing which comes out 20th March, so it could be a good Direct. Metroid Prime Trilogy perhaps??